Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 175 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 12th, 2013, 12:05 PM   #2611
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

One of the reasons why I'd like her to play doubles, is that she seemed to enjoy being on a court when she played doubles so much more than she does playing singles. It was a relaxed experience, fun. No pressure at all. She even used to say that all the pressure were on her partners (Hantuchova, for instance), because Caro didn't have any experience at all playing doubles.

Of course playing doubles also forces her to play at the net a lot more. But I'm not sure whether that will have any influence at all on her singles game. I'm actually quite doubtful that it will. But what I think my "manipulative stats" are saying, if anything can be read out of these at all, is that playing doubles doesn't affect her singles performances negatively.

She's generally been playing better singles when she's been playing doubles too! So playing doubles doesn't take any focus away from singles. Nothing suggests that. This can be purely incidental (probably is). But I'd still like to see her to play doubles again. Her best doubles result at a GS, btw, was 3rd round at UO 2009 - the same tournament where she has her best singles result! Incidental? No doubt. Still, playing doubles didn't exactly ruin her USO run that year...
angliru is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 12th, 2013, 01:11 PM   #2612
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I think the problems are deep for Caro now.
For her to compete so well at Dubai & IW, then to be suddenly in this situation is a very bad sign. The fight, the consistency, its all gone.
She almost has to rebuild from scratch, and I dont see it happening on clay or grass.
Whatever her dad and coaches have done to her the last 2 years, it took away the best parts of her game. She used to be consistent, focused and competed. Thats a rarity now.
I dont think the results matter until hardcourt again. The only important thing now is that she tries to win matches, which she stopped doing when she started making all the unforced forehand errors. If they keep going forward with this strategy, she might never be in a slam SF again.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 12th, 2013, 10:39 PM   #2613
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Well Caro not playing tomorrow so i guessing she be playing Tuesday, I hoping Sven there, & Caro will be practicing and training alot with him

S. Stephens | M. Keys | A. Riske | C. Vandeweghe | J. Hampton | T. Townsend | V. Duval | S. Vickery | S. Crawford

L. Chirico | Cici. Bellis |T. Black | H. Black | J. Daniel | M. Gordon | S. Kenin | W. Osuigwe | M. Shishkina | G. Faith Andrews
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 12th, 2013, 11:06 PM   #2614
country flag KleineBiere

KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute

Sven working with Robson
KleineBiere is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 12th, 2013, 11:18 PM   #2615
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear Caro don't know wat too say now she need some help IMO from someone else, Sven was one person she trust beside her dad so I don't know maybe he find time too work with the both of them, I hoping Her result Get better soon But if not I hoping she make an change and find an decent coach who she can trust

S. Stephens | M. Keys | A. Riske | C. Vandeweghe | J. Hampton | T. Townsend | V. Duval | S. Vickery | S. Crawford

L. Chirico | Cici. Bellis |T. Black | H. Black | J. Daniel | M. Gordon | S. Kenin | W. Osuigwe | M. Shishkina | G. Faith Andrews
Old May 13th, 2013, 03:14 AM   #2616
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleineBiere View Post
Sven working with Robson
It's my understanding that the Adidas people don't work exclusively with 1 player.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 13th, 2013, 05:13 AM   #2617
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
It's my understanding that the Adidas people don't work exclusively with 1 player.
Have heard the same thing...not that it would be a huge drop-off if Sven WEREN'T available to Caroline.We haven't seen much improvement thus far from her APDP time...but maybe some of us,present company included,are just being impatient,as Burisleif suggested

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Descansa en paz, Pedro Armendariz--OTRA victima de la incompetencia del hospital IMSS
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 13th, 2013, 09:51 AM   #2618
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
You are right. Of course. It's an Adidas program. Not a Caroline exclusive program.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 13th, 2013, 01:32 PM   #2619
country flag AlanP

AlanP is a name known to all AlanP is a name known to all AlanP is a name known to all AlanP is a name known to all AlanP is a name known to all AlanP is a name known to all AlanP is a name known to all AlanP is a name known to all AlanP is a name known to all AlanP is a name known to all AlanP is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achernar View Post
Do you mean Kuznetsova's quarter Agnieszka has lost her last 6 matches against the Russian and is 3-10 against her. With the inconsistent Na Li and Kuznetsova, and Radwanska on clay, this quarter could open up really nicely. So yes, I agree with Goldenlox and Ozza, this is a good quarter for Caroline. That being said, can she benefit from it? We'll see very soon. Until then, go Caro, we're with you
Jancovic, Kuznetsova and Li are all far better clay courters than Caro, so I'd be surprised to see her get beyond the second round here especially the way she's been playing lately. We'll see...
AlanP is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 13th, 2013, 06:04 PM   #2620
country flag Trey

Yeah That what I thought Sven & Adidas program work with all the Adidas Players hopefully she can get some time and work with Sven or one of the other Adidas Coaches

Old May 13th, 2013, 06:06 PM   #2621
country flag Trey

Caroline plays first on Court Pietrangeli, will there be a stream for that court

Old May 13th, 2013, 06:11 PM   #2622
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Caroline plays first on Court Pietrangeli, will there be a stream for that court
Yes.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 13th, 2013, 06:30 PM   #2623
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Yes.
Really? Why there's no stream for Sveta vs Halep match, they are playing right now on Pietrangeli!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 13th, 2013, 06:32 PM   #2624
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
Really? Why there's no stream for Sveta vs Halep match, they are playing right now on Pietrangeli!
Because it was moved from a non-televised court. There will be streams for Caro's match.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 13th, 2013, 06:33 PM   #2625
country flag Trey

^ Yeah I know But there was one for Gublis Match & he played on the same court

Closed Thread