Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 174 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 11th, 2013, 06:04 PM   #2596
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Haven't the rules changed, and they now state players have to play 4 times in Fed Cup to be eligible for the Olympics?
Yes, I know there was a lot of discussion of that - also here on TF. But I've read a lot on the Danish Federation's site these days (in order to follow the Fed Cup) and there it was clearly stated that Caro had to play Fed CUp two times before 2016 in order to be eligible (link in Danish). I just assumed they're updated with the rules better than I am.
angliru is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 11th, 2013, 07:45 PM   #2597
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Given that Caro has played the Olympics twice already and that it seemed from Caro's comments that she didn't particularly enjoy it this time, I'd say forget about the Olympics in 2016. She can use that time to play a regular tournament or train.
It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, ten years after the Earth/Minbari war. The Babylon Project was a dream given form. Its goal: to prevent another war by creating a place where humans and aliens could work out their differences peacefully. It's a port of call, home away from home for diplomats, hustlers, entrepreneurs, and wanderers. Humans and aliens wrapped in two million, five hundred thousand tons of spinning metal, all alone in the night. It can be a dangerous place, but it's our last best hope for peace. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2258. The name of the place is Babylon 5. (Jeffrey Sinclair: Babylon 5: Season 1: Signs and Portents)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 11th, 2013, 09:24 PM   #2598
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's a bit soon to already start thinking about the Olympics actually. If she wants to go she should. But it will only be to be part of the Olympic experience. It's unlikely that she will be able to contend for a medal even if she would come good again since it will probably be on clay.

Caroline Wozniacki

Maria Sharapova, Li Na, Agnieszka Radwanska, Sorana Cirstea

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 11th, 2013, 09:35 PM   #2599
country flag Trey

Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future

I agree with Chrissie it way too early but i do think she will be at the next Olympic for sure
Trey is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 11th, 2013, 09:50 PM   #2600
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps her descision will depend on Rory since golf will be an Olympic sport in 2016. If he goes, she goes.

Caroline Wozniacki

Maria Sharapova, Li Na, Agnieszka Radwanska, Sorana Cirstea

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 11th, 2013, 10:43 PM   #2601
country flag Trey

Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future

lol But I think she be there, I can't see her not being at the next Olympic IMO but we still have a long way too goo before the next Olympic lol anyway My Main Concern is her getting back into form, & start winning match Consistency again I know she might not be able too be at the level she was in 08-11 but I hoping next time she does get in good form she will win a slam, But mostly I want her too improve as a player I like too see her play like she did in 08-09 when she was going for her shot more often.
Trey is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 11th, 2013, 11:16 PM   #2602
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

The Olympics are so far off. Who knows what her career will be like then.
She needs to win this next match, or who knows how bad this slump will turn out to be
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 11th, 2013, 11:19 PM   #2603
country flag Achernar

Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Cant have a better draw. This is Aga's quarter. Sharapova has Errani in her quarter. Vika has Petra. Serena in a different quarter.
But just winning one match would be okay. Its a start. You dont want to go the whole red clay season without a match win
Do you mean Kuznetsova's quarter Agnieszka has lost her last 6 matches against the Russian and is 3-10 against her. With the inconsistent Na Li and Kuznetsova, and Radwanska on clay, this quarter could open up really nicely. So yes, I agree with Goldenlox and Ozza, this is a good quarter for Caroline. That being said, can she benefit from it? We'll see very soon. Until then, go Caro, we're with you
Achernar is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 12th, 2013, 04:44 AM   #2604
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Caro's projected stat line in her next Fed Cup tie with Armenia:
33 Winners,11 Aces,1 unforced error...and that's against the Armenian NUMBER ONE player!Just wait and see how dominant Caro is in the reverse singles

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Am working on a device that would translate cat meows to human languages
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 12th, 2013, 06:33 AM   #2605
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute

I basically agree that the Olympics are too far ahead. Who knows what's going with her career then? She could even be injured or pregnant. But I really think Caro would like to be at the next Olympics.

What makes it interesting at this point, is the career and scheduling choices she has to make. If she was going to play Fed Cup this year, then she'd have to skip Madrid! That would give her a zero pointer with her being a year end top 10. I'm not sure if WTA have a workaround for situations like this (probably not). I guess the problem is that Denmark is at the lowest Fed Cup level, while Caro is a top 10 player, which causes an awkward schedule. So playing Fed Cup could very well mean that she has to make a few career sacrifices each season in order to gain an olympic participation.

Regarding two or four Fed Cup participations in order to be eligible for the 2016 Olympics: The Danish Federation says Danish players need two Fed Cup participations in order to be elegible. The way the Danish Federation explains the rules sort of suggests that Denmark's circmstances are different from other countries (which may have something to do with Denmark being in the lowest Fed CUp group).

I can't really see it happening (Caro in Rio). I'd like her to be in Rio, and I'd also like her to play Fed Cup. But it just seems too awkward at the moment.
Old May 12th, 2013, 08:18 AM   #2606
country flag angliru

I've had a look at Caro's GS singles win/loss record - depending on whether she also played in the doubles tournament or not:

GS singles W/L when she also entered doubles: 39/13 - 0.750
GS singles W/L when she didn't enter doubles: 25/11 - 0.694

The difference is 14-2. That's at least a GS title win (or two titles and two 1st round exits)! Yeah, I know. Manipulative stats if there ever were any! But it's sunday morning, and I'm bored. And I want her to play doubles, dammit!
Old May 12th, 2013, 08:46 AM   #2607
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by angliru View Post
I basically agree that the Olympics are too far ahead. Who knows what's going with her career then? She could even be injured or pregnant. But I really think Caro would like to be at the next Olympics.

What makes it interesting at this point, is the career and scheduling choices she has to make. If she was going to play Fed Cup this year, then she'd have to skip Madrid! That would give her a zero pointer with her being a year end top 10. I'm not sure if WTA have a workaround for situations like this (probably not). I guess the problem is that Denmark is at the lowest Fed Cup level, while Caro is a top 10 player, which causes an awkward schedule. So playing Fed Cup could very well mean that she has to make a few career sacrifices each season in order to gain an olympic participation.

Regarding two or four Fed Cup participations in order to be eligible for the 2016 Olympics: The Danish Federation says Danish players need two Fed Cup participations in order to be elegible. The way the Danish Federation explains the rules sort of suggests that Denmark's circmstances are different from other countries (which may have something to do with Denmark being in the lowest Fed CUp group).

I can't really see it happening (Caro in Rio). I'd like her to be in Rio, and I'd also like her to play Fed Cup. But it just seems too awkward at the moment.
There were discussions about this after Israel in February on other player forums. The general consensus was no-one really cared yet because there were a variety of workarounds you could do. It's probably worth just watching what other top players are doing, because if they aren't participating there will be some way around it, because you won't have an Olympics with no Federer, no Nadal, no Murray, no Sharapova etc. For starters you can say that you did declare yourself available for your nation, but they chose not to select you because they wanted to give youngsters a chance or whatever, you have to remember all these federations want their best players playing, and will likely do anything to make sure they are involved.
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 12th, 2013, 09:40 AM   #2608
country flag angliru

It's quite stupid by ITF to make rules they can't or won't enforce. But you're probably right. We'll see. Now it's all about Rome, I guess. One match at a time. GL!
Old May 12th, 2013, 10:06 AM   #2609
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by angliru View Post
I've had a look at Caro's GS singles win/loss record - depending on whether she also played in the doubles tournament or not:

GS singles W/L when she also entered doubles: 39/13 - 0.750
GS singles W/L when she didn't enter doubles: 25/11 - 0.694

The difference is 14-2. That's at least a GS title win (or two titles and two 1st round exits)! Yeah, I know. Manipulative stats if there ever were any! But it's sunday morning, and I'm bored. And I want her to play doubles, dammit!
I would also like to see her play doubles. Someone get these numbers to Caroline and/or Piotr as soon as possible!

Hmm, admittedly I am not overly familiar with Caroline's record in doubles but I believe that she typically loses fairly early (first or second match) so that may undermine your theory. If she ever took doubles seriously and found a steady partner it might have a greater impact on her singles results.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 12th, 2013, 10:22 AM   #2610
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Doubles is very random. Pavlyuchenkova/Safarova just won Madrid, and they dont even play Fed Cup doubles.
Doubles takes focus and wanting to win. Caroline doesnt have that in singles, so I wouldnt expect it in doubles. When she loses in round 1, and that happens more than winning a round 2, she wants to leave. Take a vacation
She needs to get the fight back in singles. But she's certainly capable of playing top doubles with a good partner. Everyone is capable, the doubles level on WTA is very low when Williams dont play and Errani is tired from singles
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

Last edited by goldenlox : May 12th, 2013 at 10:30 AM.
goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread