Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 173 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 11th, 2013, 01:08 PM   #2581
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
A few years ago we discussed her chances of winning almost whatever tournament she entered. Now we would celebrate if she would just win a match. How the mighty have fallen.
Yeah, and I think Caroline & her team have to accept where she is. Last year she did not win a title until Korea, after the US Open.
This year no titles so far. Probably wont get far at the next few tournaments.
I think she has to look long term. Look at what Jankovic & Ivanovic have been dealing with the last few years. And try to slowly improve.
The old days are gone
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 11th, 2013, 01:10 PM   #2582
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Jovanovski is on an 8 match losing streak, clay is far from her favourite surface. It's one of the best possible draws Caroline could have got.
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 11th, 2013, 01:39 PM   #2583
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Cant have a better draw. This is Aga's quarter. Sharapova has Errani in her quarter. Vika has Petra. Serena in a different quarter.
But just winning one match would be okay. Its a start. You dont want to go the whole red clay season without a match win

Last edited by goldenlox : May 11th, 2013 at 01:46 PM.
Old May 11th, 2013, 01:51 PM   #2584
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Jovanovski is on an 8 match losing streak, clay is far from her favourite surface. It's one of the best possible draws Caroline could have got.
Correct me if I am wrong, but the 'easy' player, Caroline got in R1 in Madrid, had only won a total of 4 matches whole 2013!!

There are no easy matches for Caroline. She can lose to anyone

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 11th, 2013, 02:12 PM   #2585
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Correct me if I am wrong, but the 'easy' player, Caroline got in R1 in Madrid, had only won a total of 4 matches whole 2013!!

There are no easy matches for Caroline. She can lose to anyone
Yes, Shvedova had only won 4 singles matches in 2013 prior to playing Caro. However, two of those wins came in the last tournament she had played, Stuttgart, where she beat Vinci and Suarez Navarro. Shvedova also has made the quarters of the French Open twice including last year. Plus she also went on to beat the "Caro curse" by beating #22 Flipkins in the next round after beating Caro.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 11th, 2013, 02:41 PM   #2586
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute

Is that normal? Former world #1 and we are shaking for Jovanovski in 1st round.

Jelena Jankovic - Empress of WTA

Serena Williams - Simply Serena; simply the best!
Saraya! is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 11th, 2013, 02:42 PM   #2587
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetadri06 View Post
She can possibly make the 3rd round against Li if she plays to the best of her ability. Jovanoski isn't a good clay courter. Jelena isn't going to hit her off the court.
Good defensive players are a matchup problem for Caro. This goes back to early in her career. Caro went 3-2 against Zvonareva during Caro's best period of results.

Caro had a tough time beating Jankovic on clay back in 2011 when Caro was playing a lot better than she is today. Caro isn't even playing as well as she was year when she beat Jankovic after Jankovic had to retire early in the 2nd set after losing the 1st set.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Old May 11th, 2013, 02:47 PM   #2588
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

I hoping she can atleast make the 3rd round or QF, I guess since she don't have a bye she will play tomorrow or Monday

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 11th, 2013, 02:58 PM   #2589
country flag goldenlox

I noticed Caroline doesnt have Rory in her avatar anymore. How new is that?
Rory still has Caroline in his twitter pic

Old May 11th, 2013, 03:07 PM   #2590
country flag Protoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
I noticed Caroline doesnt have Rory in her avatar anymore. How new is that?
Rory still has Caroline in his twitter pic
I think it's from the past few days. Caro did tweet that she thought this pic of Venus and her dog Harold was rather cute so maybe she was inspired by that.
Old May 11th, 2013, 03:45 PM   #2591
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Vaidisova comparison is good. Can Caroline accept that this is her level now? Probably frustrating for her, just like its frustrating for her fans.
But it is what it is. She lost 4 of her last 5 matches. Prospects are not good for the next few months.
Vaidisova ddint enjoy it enough, and the players have the option to retire.
Well,thanks for applauding my comparison,I guess.....but Caroline isn't nearly that bad yet:

1.Rory isn't some coke-snorting piece of sewer Eurotrash
2.Caroline is a MUCH better person,character-wise,than the Czech
3.Caroline recently beat a top 10 opponent(granted,the dream top 10 opponent for lower-ranked players...along with Caro herself)and made a Premier SF
4.Caroline hasn't gotten blasted off the court in the 1st round of qualifying,6-0 6-2,by some girl named Amy Tam...or Nancy Tam...or Kristie Tam...whatever the f--k her name was(she's never been more than a blip on the WTA radar).As Protoss pointed out,Yari has made a couple Slam QFs and isn't a complete joke.......so,by comparison,Caroline hasn't sunk nearly as low yet as the Czech waste-of-life

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Don't you just love it when someone rambles aimlessly for 5 minutes and then says, "To make a long story short"?
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 11th, 2013, 05:21 PM   #2592
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute

What are your thoughts on Caro and the 2016 Olympics? I know this is way ahead in the future, but this is something Caro will have to consider right now because the rules states that Caro must play Fed Cup at least two times during 2014-16 in order to participate at Rio.

Denmark are at the bottom Fed Cup level rigth now (group III, which is the fifth level at Fed Cup). Denmark played a promotion playoff match against Liechtestein today but lost in spite of a good fight.

The level here is ridicuosly low; most of the nations including Denmark didn't have any ranked players on their teams. Ireland does have one ranked player, Amy Bowtell, ranked #500 or so, but she wouldn't even waste her time playing here. Norway and Cyprus sent junior teams.

What I'm saying is this: Danmark are also playing at this level in 2014, and the way things are going, probably also 2015. Should Caro say fuck the Olympics, or should she really go and play for Denmark against nations like Kenya, Armenia, Malta?

Finally I must to give some credit to the Danish players this week. There are two ranked Danish players, Woz and Barbat. Woz doesn't play Fed Cup, and Barbat has a knee injury. Still, the Danish team of unranked players did win both their matches against Namibia and Morocco 3-0. And Mai Grage made a huge upset by beating Stephanie Vogt of Liechtenstein (ranked #200 at WTA) in the playoff match for promotion. But unfortunately Denmark lost the other singles and the doubles match, so Liechtenstein got the promotion (well deserved, I have to say, with two top 500 players on their team).
angliru is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 11th, 2013, 05:33 PM   #2593
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by angliru View Post
What are your thoughts on Caro and the 2016 Olympics? I know this is way ahead in the future, but this is something Caro will have to consider right now because the rules states that Caro must play Fed Cup at least two times during 2014-16 in order to participate at Rio.

Denmark are at the bottom Fed Cup level rigth now (group III, which is the fifth level at Fed Cup). Denmark played a promotion playoff match against Liechtestein today but lost in spite of a good fight.

The level here is ridicuosly low; most of the nations including Denmark didn't have any ranked players on their teams. Ireland does have one ranked player, Amy Bowtell, ranked #500 or so, but she wouldn't even waste her time playing here. Norway and Cyprus sent junior teams.

What I'm saying is this: Danmark are also playing at this level in 2014, and the way things are going, probably also 2015. Should Caro say fuck the Olympics, or should she really go and play for Denmark against nations like Kenya, Armenia, Malta?

Finally I must to give some credit to the Danish players this week. There are two ranked Danish players, Woz and Barbat. Woz doesn't play Fed Cup, and Barbat has a knee injury. Still, the Danish team of unranked players did win both their matches against Namibia and Morocco 3-0. And Mai Grage made a huge upset by beating Stephanie Vogt of Liechtenstein (ranked #200 at WTA) in the playoff match for promotion. But unfortunately Denmark lost the other singles and the doubles match, so Liechtenstein got the promotion (well deserved, I have to say, with two top 500 players on their team).
Depending on when she retires 2016 may be her last chance to play the Olympics. I think she will do whatever she has to in order to qualify.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 11th, 2013, 05:33 PM   #2594
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Haven't the rules changed, and they now state players have to play 4 times in Fed Cup to be eligible for the Olympics? Right now I don't really know what to make of this. Will these rules actually be enforced, how easy will they be to get around. Certainly a number of players are paying no attention to them whatsoever right now.
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 11th, 2013, 05:35 PM   #2595
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

First of all,sorry that Denmark came up short this week

To answer your question,if the Olympics mandate such participation,then Caroline would merely be following the rules--not bullying weaker players to boost her image.Tbh,I'd enjoy seeing footage of Caro against the Maltese #1;it'd have the same strange attraction as a car wreck.Someone could post video in GM of Caroline playing S&V and hitting aces & forehand winners(under the pretense that she had drastically improved those aspects of her game)......some of the Caro-haters would go into conniptions

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Don't you just love it when someone rambles aimlessly for 5 minutes and then says, "To make a long story short"?
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread