Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 168 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 7th, 2013, 01:16 AM   #2506
country flag Double A

Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

It's like she hasn't played in the sun before.

She needs to do a "Serena" and lock herself in her room for a day and think about what she really wants.
Double A is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 7th, 2013, 01:30 AM   #2507
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I agree she has to decide what she wants to do. There's no point losing in the 1st or 2nd round Miami, Charleston, Stuttgart, Madrid...
How many more tournaments is she going to play before she gets to a 3rd round?
She used to be one of the hardest workers on the tour.
I think its all the forehand errors. It has her not trying to win, instead she makes a lot of goofy errors that she used to avoid making. Now she doesnt care about keeping the ball inside the lines, makes bad errors on crucial points. But its years of this.
Is she going to go her whole career throwing these matches away with forehand errors and half-hearted efforts?
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 7th, 2013, 05:29 AM   #2508
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
She used to be one of the hardest workers on the tour.
I think its all the forehand errors. It has her not trying to win, instead she makes a lot of goofy errors that she used to avoid making. Now she doesnt care about keeping the ball inside the lines, makes bad errors on crucial points. But its years of this.
Is she going to go her whole career throwing these matches away with forehand errors and half-hearted efforts?
You seem to vacillate a bit as to the specific main root cause of Caro's struggles....which is understandable cuz she sends conflicting,confusing signals,at times...nor do we have the power to get inside her head and then speak empirically.

However,I think that the Discouragement Theory--which a few of us have mentioned--is the one that leasts contradicts Caroline's character.If she thought that she had a good plan to get back to the top and be a Slam contender,then she'd pursue it sincerely.On the other hand,regularly hitting the same obstacles can sometimes lead to a sense of futility....and that could very EASILY discourage Caro(and lots of other gals,too)and prod her to seek comfort outside of tennis

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Descansa en paz, Pedro Armendariz--OTRA victima de la incompetencia del hospital IMSS
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 7th, 2013, 07:20 AM   #2509
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I've always thought Caro was a very intelligent player. Her game has weaknesses, yet she played very solidly, using her skillset, which was her backhand, her movement, her ability to focus and compete, she became a very good player.

I've been wondering since last spring if going for more on her forehand has broken her down mentally. Thats what her opponents are trying to do - break down her forehand. She was able to handle it by staying consistent on that side.
Its possible her own team broke down her forehand intentionally, and that broke down her game and broke her down mentally.

Its only speculation, but I'm thinking this for a long time now, and I dont see anything different. She has to play steadier on her forehand to be able to effectively use her other skills.
Once she's not steady, her whole game breaks down, imo
If it aint broke, dont fix it. And they broke it when it was working fine.

Old May 7th, 2013, 08:17 AM   #2510
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
The only reason I don't see this working (and I think this was my view at the time you said it before too) is Caro never uses her time off well anymore. If I would believe she would use the time wisely, I'd be fully behind such a move, but really if she couldn't do this during the off season last year, I see no reason why taking the time off now would be any different.
It seems alike, i owe you that, but i would rather know she's out for a couple of weeks working on something of her game rather than see her travelling around trying to stop the leak of points by winning (suffering) maybe two-three matches in lucky weeks so that she can somehow hang in the top 10.

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 7th, 2013, 09:09 AM   #2511
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitten Kitten View Post
when I said that she should have better skept the first part of the clay season to train properly everyone year said I was a fool and she should have played to get points and everything.
Her ranking is the least problem right now, she needs to work on her game and mentality
At this point I wouldn't even object if she would skip the rest of the claycourt swing and starts starting from today practicing on grass. It's pretty clear that she's not gonna do anything on clay, so she may just as well take that gamble. I know that she's obligated to play the FO, but she can always say that she has a pain in the ass or something. Other players have come up with worse excuses than that for skipping tournaments. It's not the sort of thing I like to see, but she really needs to do something, ANYTHING to turn this around.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 7th, 2013, 10:52 AM   #2512
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
At this point I wouldn't even object if she would skip the rest of the claycourt swing and starts starting from today practicing on grass. It's pretty clear that she's not gonna do anything on clay, so she may just as well take that gamble. I know that she's obligated to play the FO, but she can always say that she has a pain in the ass or something. Other players have come up with worse excuses than that for skipping tournaments. It's not the sort of thing I like to see, but she really needs to do something, ANYTHING to turn this around.
Whether she trains, or stops to show up & lose round 1 isnt the problem. The problem is that Caroline doesnt have a champion's mind & desire. Other players have had much worse adversity.
What Caroline has, imo, is stupid coaching. People who think they're going to change her to a player who wins with a dynamic forehand.
Okay, so we can all see thats not going to make a superstar.
So watch the tapes of your successes, even Dubai IW this year, and start playing well again.
She should be able to do that. Get rid of the nuts who keep saying the forehand will come around, and play steady, go for aggressive shots with your backhand, and work on your serve

Old May 7th, 2013, 01:34 PM   #2513
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Caroline Need too be aggressive on some her shot not saying take away her defense game but she need too learn how be aggressive & finish off points, Like I said many time she is capable of playing aggressive & Defense tennis at the same time which she in shown in couple her matches over the years, too me her serve can improve Too help her get free points

S. Stephens | M. Keys | A. Riske | C. Vandeweghe | J. Hampton | T. Townsend | V. Duval | S. Vickery | S. Crawford

L. Chirico | Cici. Bellis |T. Black | H. Black | J. Daniel | M. Gordon | S. Kenin | W. Osuigwe | M. Shishkina | G. Faith Andrews
Trey is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 7th, 2013, 01:38 PM   #2514
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Caroline Need too be aggressive on some her shot not saying take away her defense game but she need too learn how be aggressive & finish off points, Like I said many time she is capable of playing aggressive & Defense tennis at the same time which she in shown in couple her matches over the years, too me her serve can improve Too help her get free points
Well, as you said yesterday - the Caro from that Serena match that I posted would be the Caro I'd like to see on a regular basis as well.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 7th, 2013, 06:29 PM   #2515
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Caroline Wozniacki confirmed her participation in the BGL BNP Paribas Luxembourg Open 2013
http://www.wort.lu/fr/view/caroline-...U9cLMQ.twitter

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 7th, 2013, 06:38 PM   #2516
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

For me it doesn't seem the best idea. She will automatically lose points that week however she does. Playing Luxembourg completely limits your schedule post USO to Tokyo-Beijing-Luxembourg. If she goes into that part of the season needing points for Istanbul she will be pretty much screwed when the other players can play some other softer international and the premier in Moscow if required. It also tends to have a reasonably tough field for an international.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 7th, 2013, 06:40 PM   #2517
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Man I hate that she pick that event outta all the small event I hoping she play Brussell, New Haven, Mercury Insurance Open, I hoping she can win a title this year

S. Stephens | M. Keys | A. Riske | C. Vandeweghe | J. Hampton | T. Townsend | V. Duval | S. Vickery | S. Crawford

L. Chirico | Cici. Bellis |T. Black | H. Black | J. Daniel | M. Gordon | S. Kenin | W. Osuigwe | M. Shishkina | G. Faith Andrews
Old May 7th, 2013, 06:44 PM   #2518
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Man I hate that she pick that event outta all the small event I hoping she play Brussell, New Haven, Mercury Insurance Open, I hoping she can win a title this year
She can still play all of those events, those are all premiers.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 7th, 2013, 06:49 PM   #2519
country flag Trey

^ okay thanks I hoping she plays Brussel she need too win some matches under her belt this year and get some clay wins

Old May 7th, 2013, 07:08 PM   #2520
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I don't care about YEC just for the sake of participating. She's been in a YEC final, so it's like "been there, done that". She'll qualify if she gets her act together and gains 500 or 900 points at one or more of the next three slams. If she doesn't, then it doesn't really matter as far as I'm concerned. I don't think Caroline's main issue is to find a schedule that will allow her to earn the points needed for YEC.

Having said that, I must also stress that I'm generally much more optimistic than you guys. And I don't think Caro's career is a complete mess at the moment.

I follow Danish tennis a lot - all kinds of tennis, also unranked players. I also follow Swedish tennis to some degree, and I really envy Sweden and their abundance of players. At the moment, there are 17 ranked WTA players in Sweden. In Denmark there are two! And there's a tournament in Båstad this week. Sweden have 19 women in the main draw, Denmark 2.

Still, Wozniacki has more WTA ranking points than all of Sweden's 17 WTA players combined! In fact, she has more than 50% more WTA points than all the Swedish players added together (I jus did a check ). So yeah, Caro's pretty pathethic at the moment, but everything is relative. And we should be pretty pleased after all. Sure, she doesn't belong in the top 10 with the play or attitude she's shown the last 4 tournaments, but I still think there's more to come. She's already achieved so much more than anyone had ever expected, so she really deserves that we have some confidence in her when the going gets tough.
angliru is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread