Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 166 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 6th, 2013, 10:18 AM   #2476
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

She doesn't have plenty of time if you believe her when she says she will retire in a couple of years . In all seriousness I do think whether she has plenty of time is highly debatable.
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 6th, 2013, 10:51 AM   #2477
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Wozniacki will rise to world number 9 on Monday.

Last edited by ozza : May 6th, 2013 at 10:59 AM.
Old May 6th, 2013, 10:54 AM   #2478
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

^

It's a numbers game and it is, how it is. Still funny though.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 6th, 2013, 10:57 AM   #2479
country flag sweetadri06

sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute

^Hilarious. But Stosur has been horrible so there isn't much difference between 9 and 10 anyways.
Old May 6th, 2013, 11:05 AM   #2480
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
If she really was pregnant, wouldn't she take a break from the tour? ...

It's not like money is an issue.
Maybe she doesn't know for sure yet Anyway,that's a totally wild guess from me. If that was the case of course she'd be long gone strolling around the babywear shops.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 6th, 2013, 11:07 AM   #2481
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Wow. That's called getting something for nothing.

I'm almost tempted to post a thread on GM about this.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 6th, 2013, 11:19 AM   #2482
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
She doesn't have plenty of time if you believe her when she says she will retire in a couple of years . In all seriousness I do think whether she has plenty of time is highly debatable.
If she retires after 2 more years of this, I think she'll look back and not be satisfied with how her career progressed. She showed too much in Dubai & IW to just give the rest of her career away.
There is a huge hunger issue when players have early success. Vaidisova left the tour. Plenty of players drop off after they make a few million.
So I think thats a big issue, along with the poor coaching she's been getting.
But its up to Caro. She has to go out & compete, fight for these matches, especially the hard court majors
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 6th, 2013, 11:26 AM   #2483
country flag ozza

The bad news ranking wise is if Kerber wins one more match Caro will drop out of the top 8 in the race. Kerber is now 1 point behind Caro in the race, Kvitova has already overtaken Caro as a result of this week. Important, because Caro cannot let the gap between her and #8 in the race get too big in the upcoming weeks.
Old May 6th, 2013, 11:32 AM   #2484
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
If she retires after 2 more years of this, I think she'll look back and not be satisfied with how her career progressed. She showed too much in Dubai & IW to just give the rest of her career away.
There is a huge hunger issue when players have early success. Vaidisova left the tour. Plenty of players drop off after they make a few million.
So I think thats a big issue, along with the poor coaching she's been getting.
But its up to Caro. She has to go out & compete, fight for these matches, especially the hard court majors
I know from your posts that you rate her performances in Dubai and Indian Wells a lot higher than I do, but I want to ask you something from a different stance, do you think Caroline views Dubai and Indian Wells as a success? Obviously on paper semi final and final looks good, but on the other side, what is her reaction to then getting pretty much rolled over by Kvitova and Sharapova. Is it "I am happy to be back at the business end of events" or "Wow I am so far behind the level of the top players".
Old May 6th, 2013, 11:40 AM   #2485
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I think she should view Dubai & IW as a success. But coming out of IW and losing to Muguruza & Voegele is worrisome. Those are tournaments that she's had good success at.
But none of the last 2 years is the end of the world. Vika played well early last year, then Serena played great after RG. So Caro was going to lose the #1.
She's not any worse off than if she was ranked #4 now. Maybe she would have a few more titles & few more weeks at #1, but nothing terrible happened. No major injury. So if she can start to play like IW consistently, she's still in good shape for the next 5 years

Old May 6th, 2013, 11:48 AM   #2486
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Eight more defeats and she's back to #1!

Thank you LI NA
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 6th, 2013, 11:57 AM   #2487
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
I think she should view Dubai & IW as a success. But coming out of IW and losing to Muguruza & Voegele is worrisome. Those are tournaments that she's had good success at.
But none of the last 2 years is the end of the world. Vika played well early last year, then Serena played great after RG. So Caro was going to lose the #1.
She's not any worse off than if she was ranked #4 now. Maybe she would have a few more titles & few more weeks at #1, but nothing terrible happened. No major injury. So if she can start to play like IW consistently, she's still in good shape for the next 5 years
Should doesn't mean she does though. She is only human after all, it's hard to get in the shoes of a tennis player who has had so much success to know how they would judge the situation, but I do wonder, she certainly doesn't seem to have gained any confidence at all from her run in Indian Wells. A kind of comparison example I can think of, does Nadal view Monte Carlo as a success, after all his troubles, making a final on paper looks good, but I would be 99% sure that after the way he got beat by Djokovic in the final he deep down doesn't view it as a success. It would be of course then how you react to such adversity, in Caro's case she doesn't appear to have reacted to it very well.
Old May 6th, 2013, 12:29 PM   #2488
country flag goldenlox

An IW final, no matter what the draw, is an accomplishment.
Anyone in the stands can grab a racket & lose to CSN & Shvedova in 2 sets. But beating Kerber in a long match is not easy. Thats the kind of effort she needs at big tournaments

Old May 6th, 2013, 01:24 PM   #2489
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Yes, but everyone always says that it's due to her changing racquets. Whether there's any truth in that, I don't know. But I don't believe that you need to bulk up to hit a powerful shot. Just look at Caro's 2009 match in Sydney against Serena which she almost won. She hit the ball so crisply and with so much confidence back then. That Caro would have destroyed the Caro of today, and she definitely wasn't bulked up.

This is the Caroline that I been want too come back, THe caro who play great defense as well as offense tennis & went for her shots, & when I said couple time that Caroline capable of being aggressive this goes show u & this not her only match she play like this even in her macth when she played Vera at Beijing, & Montreal, or Doha when she played Flavia Pennetta, & Moscow when she played Sam.

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 6th, 2013, 01:35 PM   #2490
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That is pretty big though goldenlox because by doing that your effectively sacrificing the year. To do that you have to basically agree within yourself that this year is a write off.
I think Caro can sort of writeoff the clay and grass season. Even under better circumstances she wasn't a contender at the French Open or Wimbledon and only past the 4th round once at those two slams combined (2010 French open).
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread