Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 163 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 5th, 2013, 12:29 PM   #2431
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Wow. I didn't see the match (thankfully!) but she really appears to be in serious trouble. To many people she is already a joke and the laughingstock of the tour but if she maintains this poor level of play much longer it will be impossible to defend her. Not much more to add to what has already been said. This collapse is completely inexplicable and impossible to figure out. It is kind of shocking that she is still in the top ten but that can't last much longer with this kind of play.

We will probably never know what went wrong but I would dearly like to know. Two years ago she looked like the best player of her generation and now she struggles to even win a set every time that she steps on to the court. No major injuries just a complete collapse in her game. I don't know what more has to happen before she starts taking her career seriously but she desperately needs to do something.

The next few months...frankly I am frightened.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 5th, 2013, 12:30 PM   #2432
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Thats 5 losses in her last 7 matches.
She played Stuttgart and Madrid without winning a set in either.
Who saw this coming 2 years ago? She doesnt even care anymore
She's just being completely outplayed since IW. It looks like she doesn't care but isn't that simply what it looks like when you are outplayed and not playing well? Really sad she couldn't even win the set when Schvedova was gifting points to Caro in the last part of the 2nd set. The Caro of old would have seized that opportunity. But were there really any specific points you think she lost due to not caring as opposed to her game being shot right now?

I like it in F1 where Anthony Davidson replays, slows down and analyse loads of incidents on the screen. Everyone has their theories but there needs to be a hard analysis of her matches now point by point, facts and figures (not theories) comparing her matches when she was hard to beat and now. And that should be the driver to her training. Where is she losing now? Where was she winning then? There should be a whole load of spreadsheets and hard evidence pinpointing where and why she is being outplayed compared to before. A full-time Anthony Davidson in her team.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 5th, 2013, 12:32 PM   #2433
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleineBiere View Post
worst career result in:

miami
charleston
stuttgart
madrid

will she be a top 8 seed in rome?
And the season is not even half over! How many more "accomplishments" will she add before the end of the year?

Old May 5th, 2013, 12:40 PM   #2434
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleineBiere View Post
worst career result in:

miami
charleston
stuttgart
madrid

will she be a top 8 seed in rome?
She will be number 10 seed unless there are 2 withdrawals before the draw, probably no chance of that. I think only Cibulkova of the top 20 didn't enter Rome.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 5th, 2013, 12:55 PM   #2435
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Wow. I didn't see the match (thankfully!) but she really appears to be in serious trouble. To many people she is already a joke and the laughingstock of the tour but if she maintains this poor level of play much longer it will be impossible to defend her. Not much more to add to what has already been said. This collapse is completely inexplicable and impossible to figure out. It is kind of shocking that she is still in the top ten but that can't last much longer with this kind of play.

We will probably never know what went wrong but I would dearly like to know. Two years ago she looked like the best player of her generation and now she struggles to even win a set every time that she steps on to the court. No major injuries just a complete collapse in her game. I don't know what more has to happen before she starts taking her career seriously but she desperately needs to do something.

The next few months...frankly I am frightened.
Yup, the current development looks pretty frightening. I think what happened was that she has lost her hunger and became too relaxed about her results. If she doesn't change she is in for a slump of much bigger proportions than last year. Hopefully she wakes up before it's too late. Shvedova has dismantled her today so if that's not a wake up call I don't know what is.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 5th, 2013, 01:06 PM   #2436
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Yup, the current development looks pretty frightening. I think what happened was that she has lost her hunger and became too relaxed about her results. If she doesn't change she is in for a slump of much bigger proportions than last year. Hopefully she wakes up before it's too late. Shvedova has dismantled her today so if that's not a wake up call I don't know what is.
She doesn't have any positive body language either. She almost gives the impression that she isn't trying. She probably IS trying, but there's nothing there to impress her opponents with. No,"I'm Caroline Wozniacki, former #1 and you're not!" Opponents pick up on her insecurities. A couple of years ago she had the edge in close matches. Since then her opponents had the edge in close matches. Now we've come to the point where every non-entity on the tour knows that it won't even take a long close match to get past Caro. They know that if they play well they can get the job done in two relatively easy sets.
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 5th, 2013, 01:16 PM   #2437
country flag sweetadri06

sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
She doesn't have any positive body language either. She almost gives the impression that she isn't trying. She probably IS trying, but there's nothing there to impress her opponents with. No,"I'm Caroline Wozniacki, former #1 and you're not!" Opponents pick up on her insecurities. A couple of years ago she had the edge in close matches. Since then her opponents had the edge in close matches. Now we've come to the point where every non-entity on the tour knows that it won't even take a long close match to get past Caro. They know that if they play well they can get the job done in two relatively easy sets.
that's scary to know. But the proof is in the pudding, it's been players outside the top 20 beating her.
Old May 5th, 2013, 01:20 PM   #2438
country flag DownInAHole

Well, if you want to be an optimist you could look at this time last year. She had similarly disappointing results but managed to improve her results on hardourts. There is a precedent for her turning things around, at least to some degree. Can she win two titles and make a final near the end of this year as she did last year? That seems unlikely but it, or something similar, could happen again this year.

Another positive? We are at the point where just winning an opening match would be an improvement. Surely she has to win at least one match sooner rather than later, right?

Old May 5th, 2013, 01:29 PM   #2439
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, if you want to be an optimist you could look at this time last year. She had similarly disappointing results but managed to improve her results on hardourts. There is a precedent for her turning things around, at least to some degree. Can she win two titles and make a final near the end of this year as she did last year? That seems unlikely but it, or something similar, could happen again this year.

Another positive? We are at the point where just winning an opening match would be an improvement. Surely she has to win at least one match sooner rather than later, right?
at the prospect of her winning at least a match one of these days.

But yeah, I suppose there's a chance that she may get some good results near the end of the year. But that's too late, ain't it? You're supposed to be at your best from April to September when there are three slams and a bunch of premier mandatory/premier5 events.
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 5th, 2013, 01:31 PM   #2440
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, if you want to be an optimist you could look at this time last year. She had similarly disappointing results but managed to improve her results on hard courts. There is a precedent for her turning things around, at least to some degree. Can she win two titles and make a final near the end of this year as she did last year? That seems unlikely but it, or something similar, could happen again this year.
Yes but she's likely not heading to Istanbul if this is the case again this year. I'm not sure many would see solidifying last years performance as success. She'll need to win whatever international she enters after Wimbledon to even be eligible for Sofia.
Old May 5th, 2013, 01:34 PM   #2441
country flag ozza

It's also worth noting that the USO hard court summer last year had a lot softer draws than it will this year due to the Olympics.
Old May 5th, 2013, 01:37 PM   #2442
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
It's also worth noting that the USO hard court summer last year had a lot softer draws than it will this year due to the Olympics.
That's not really an issue at the present time given Caro's poor form. Caro is highly unlikely to make it far enough to play those top players who had limited participation in the US Open series last year.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 5th, 2013, 01:41 PM   #2443
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
That's not really an issue at the present time given Caro's poor form. Caro is highly unlikely to make it far enough to play those top players who had limited participation in the US Open series last year.
Yes but Caroline is defending semi's in at least 1 of those big premiers isn't she? Will be harder to defend that if she isn't even in the top 8 seeds.
Old May 5th, 2013, 01:49 PM   #2444
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Yes but Caroline is defending semi's in at least 1 of those big premiers isn't she? Will be harder to defend that if she isn't even in the top 8 seeds.
Yes, Caro was a semifinalist in Montreal last year (and scheduled to play Vika there if she hadn't retired ). As a 5 to 8 seed, Caro would have been scheduled to play one of the 9 to 12 seeds in the 3rd round (round of 16). Assuming Caro won her 2nd round match, do you really she'd be beating someone in the top 20 in the 3rd round given her current form?
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 5th, 2013, 01:57 PM   #2445
country flag DownInAHole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Yes, Caro was a semifinalist in Montreal last year (and scheduled to play Vika there if she hadn't retired ). As a 5 to 8 seed, Caro would have been scheduled to play one of the 9 to 12 seeds in the 3rd round (round of 16). Assuming Caro won her 2nd round match, do you really she'd be beating someone in the top 20 in the 3rd round given her current form?
Impossible to say. Her current form (on clay) is immaterial to what she may be like on a hardcourt in August.

Closed Thread