Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 153 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Apr 28th, 2013, 11:49 AM   #2281
country flag KleineBiere

KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Though many might have forgotten,Caroline actually was a finalist 4 years ago,against Dinara,in the next clay Premier.She looked so adorable at the trophy ceremony
and top 10 debut after madrid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 28th, 2013, 12:17 PM   #2282
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute

...Not yet 19 years of age!

Btw, no teenagers in the WTA top 10 since then. Was it really four years ago? Hard to believe
angliru is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 02:45 PM   #2283
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
I had fallen asleep in front of the telly while watching a football match.

When people root for a player they will be happy when she wins and disappointed when she loses. This fan forum is no different from any other in that regard. I'm sure that at Hello Kvitty fans aren't dancing around their television sets/computer screens when she loses either. Nobody can expect posters to say after for example the loss in Stuttgart, "that was great Caroline! You almost won a set!" It's normal that we are worried. But nobody here takes any pleasure from her struggles. Everything is written from the perspective of caring fans who want what's best for her.
I once asked Jimmie why he was posting so early and he got a bit offended by my question.In his defense,I had posted some semi-strong comments that understandably provoked him a bit

Listen,I don't argue with ANY of your points above;I'm simply pointing out that there are posters,NOT just Burisleif,who find the FREQUENCY of the laments...and the REPETITIVE NATURE of the groaning over Caro...to be a little tiresome.I'm not taking sides here;like I've said,I'm accustomed to it so it very rarely bothers me,but I can sympathize with those who DO find it annoying

@TennisFan: They're preparing those kids to keep their expectations low for when they'll get their asses kicked in international tourneys against the better AF countries

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 11:36 PM   #2284
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Yeah, and I wonder why she doesnt try her best. We know from Dubai & IW she can still play top 5 or 6 tennis. I thought she was heading back to finish top 4 after IW.
But then her desire, effort level, focus, attempts to get more aggressive.. I don't understand the reasoning that has her going to Madrid with 3 losses in her last 4 matches, all against non-contenders.
What is going on, and why?
She lost the last 5 games to Voegele, lost her last set 1-6. She used to be a good fighter. In the Kerber win, I thought even she lost, her desire was tremendous that match. What happened? This happened last year also, after excellent Miami and a good Copenhagen. Then she disappeared until after the US Open. But even in 2012, she was losing to Serena, not Voegele
The problem is now Caro is probably getting lower and lower in confidence. When you throw in second sets like the one she did vs Suarez Navarro it looks like she doesn't believe she can turn it round. She has taken a lot of obvious hits to her confidence this year. Losing just like winning can become a habit. The fact the season has now moved on to clay I doubt is going to be any boost to her confidence either.

I think the key point here you bring up is the desire from the Kerber match. The biggest thing I took out of Indian Wells was her mental application to matches, her game still seemed below par, but she was able to fight through it. I guess the problem is doing that week after week isn't easy. Caro is having to work that hard to win matches, because she can't rely on her game anymore. You saw what happens in the second set vs Suarez Navarro if Caro isn't 100% switched on.
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 12:04 AM   #2285
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I dont understand what happened, except maybe the Kerber match wore her out?
Otherwise, I dont know why the competitive fight isnt there her last 3 tournaments, all 3 where she's had good results.
Maybe playing a tournament hard wears her out, so she only has a good event every few months.
Otherwise, I cant make a rational reason why her form stays so down for such a long time, between short positive spurts
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 04:31 AM   #2286
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by angliru View Post
...Not yet 19 years of age!
Yeah,tbh,I didn't wanna look at Caro too much back then b/c I didn't like the idea of being a dirty old man.Even now,with her having matured both physically and emotionally off court,I like her too much AS A PERSON to over-visualize her as a Hot Chica...though she's not fulfilling her end of the bargain by posing in those tempting underwear ads

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 05:03 AM   #2287
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Is it trust that Caro in France now Training with Darren Cahill ?

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 09:25 AM   #2288
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Caroline keeps her #7 spot in the race for another week, but Kvitova and Kerber are closing in fast.

Might be a good strategy for Caro to try winning a match or two. Who knows, she may like the feeling.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 09:41 AM   #2289
country flag jasminefu623

jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of

my friend and i are also caro's fans.

sometimes we think maybe caro think that, her career is almost perfect, she want GS, but even if she can't get one at last, she still has an amazing career, she's year end number for 2 years.

she is rich, she had reached many ppl's goal for their whole life, travel around the world, being famous, has a good bf, has nice cars and house, provide good life for her parents, and most important, live her dream.

maybe we will never see the caro in 2009/2010/2011, since caro may not have the motivation to do that again, when she's on court now, i can only feel that she wanna left asap.

just wanna share some of my opinion.
jasminefu623 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 09:46 AM   #2290
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
I dont understand what happened, except maybe the Kerber match wore her out?
Otherwise, I dont know why the competitive fight isnt there her last 3 tournaments, all 3 where she's had good results.
Maybe playing a tournament hard wears her out, so she only has a good event every few months.
Otherwise, I cant make a rational reason why her form stays so down for such a long time, between short positive spurts
Mentally yes? It has to be pretty dragging when you game consistently lets you down and you have to fight so hard to win. Caro is fighting an uphill battle from the beginning. When you take a match like the one vs Carla Suarez Navarro, it looks like she's thinking "here we go again" when down a set, rather than I am going to win this match.

The answers are tough, they either have to come from her and a heavy commitment (mental application), but it's questionable whether she can do that week after week. Or there has to be more belief/confidence in what she's doing, that doesn't come from her though, that comes from what she's being told to do etc.
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 09:49 AM   #2291
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasminefu623 View Post

sometimes we think maybe caro think that, her career is almost perfect, she want GS, but even if she can't get one at last, she still has an amazing career, she's year end number for 2 years.

she is rich, she had reached many ppl's goal for their whole life, travel around the world, being famous, has a good bf, has nice cars and house, provide good life for her parents, and most important, live her dream.

maybe we will never see the caro in 2009/2010/2011, since caro may not have the motivation to do that again, when she's on court now, i can only feel that she wanna left asap.

I agree. She gives the impression that she doesnt care now that she has money.
Losing the last 5 games to Voegele, with a wide open draw at a tournament she won the last time she played.
Then she spends the whole week at the Masters. Shows up in Stuttgart and plays one set hard, then gets a breadstick, in the softest quarter of the draw.

It doesnt look like she's motivated. She's giving those signals loud and clear
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 09:59 AM   #2292
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasminefu623 View Post

It's probably not realistic to expect her results or ranking to be similar to those of 2009/2010/2011. I think it's fair to say that the current top three are better now than Caroline was back then. But if she could regain her form of those days she could be up there with Li Na and Aga Radwanska. That would mean that she would still be a contender at big events. Not one of the top favorites, but neither are Li or Aga, and they both have an outside chance of winning any event they enter. That's all I hope for from Caroline - that she gets out of this slump and puts herself back into a position where she can take advantage of opportunities when they present themselves.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 09:59 AM   #2293
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Caroline keeps her #7 spot in the race for another week, but Kvitova and Kerber are closing in fast.

Might be a good strategy for Caro to try winning a match or two. Who knows, she may like the feeling.
Yes this is possibly the only good thing that is coming out of these events. With the top tier so dominant and hogging so many of the points, it's making it very difficult for players to actually post good weeks to catch up (like Caro's IW F). Caro could do with the players above her winning everything, making finals in the upcoming weeks.

On the flip side the race does look slightly better than it is in actuality. Caro has played 10 events. You can only count 16 at the end of the year. It's estimated that you will need around 4000 points to make Istanbul, meaning an average of about 250 points per your top 16 events.

For reference the full race is :-

1. Maria Sharapova 3465
2. Victoria Azarenka 3350
3. Serena Williams 3060
4. Li Na 2450
5. Agnieszka Radwanska 2355
6. Sara Errani 1831
7. Caroline Wozniacki 1668
8. Petra Kvitova 1626
9. Angelique Kerber 1532
10. Sloane Stephens 1367
11. Jelena Jankovic 1336
12. Maria Kirilenko 1281
13. Roberta Vinci 1222
14. Mona Barthel 1077
15. Svetlana Kuznetsova 946
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 10:30 AM   #2294
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
It's probably not realistic to expect her results or ranking to be similar to those of 2009/2010/2011. I think it's fair to say that the current top three are better now than Caroline was back then. But if she could regain her form of those days she could be up there with Li Na and Aga Radwanska. That would mean that she would still be a contender at big events. Not one of the top favorites, but neither are Li or Aga, and they both have an outside chance of winning any event they enter. That's all I hope for from Caroline - that she gets out of this slump and puts herself back into a position where she can take advantage of opportunities when they present themselves.
Yer this is pretty much it. This where all these ideas that the game passed her by etc. fall flat on their face, because Caro rarely loses to those players. I think it becomes a hard sell that Aga is so much better than Caro was at her best. So if you take the top 3, Caro has 1 loss to these players combined this year (and actually since the Olympics), so they are certainly not her problem.

I go along with most of goldenlox's theories, probably the slight differing of opinion I have, is I don't believe the decline to be all mental, that may have initiated her decline and obviously is still a predominant factor. There is no doubt though that her game has declined, got less consistent etc. It just makes her a lot more vulnerable to a lot of players on a good day (for them). Of course there are a number of matches where she seems to have been pretty much mentally out-toughed in this year. But matches like losing 6-2, 6-4 to Muguruza suggest to me there is more to the problem.
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 10:51 AM   #2295
country flag KleineBiere

KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post

For reference the full race is :-

1. Maria Sharapova 3465
2. Victoria Azarenka 3350
3. Serena Williams 3060
4. Li Na 2450
5. Agnieszka Radwanska 2355
6. Sara Errani 1831
7. Caroline Wozniacki 1668
8. Petra Kvitova 1626
9. Angelique Kerber 1532
10. Sloane Stephens 1367
11. Jelena Jankovic 1336
12. Maria Kirilenko 1281
13. Roberta Vinci 1222
14. Mona Barthel 1077
15. Svetlana Kuznetsova 946
and still top 15 without indian wells

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
It's estimated that you will need around 4000 points to make Istanbul, meaning an average of about 250 points per your top 16 events.
last year na li was #8 with 4726 points
Closed Thread