Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 152 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Apr 27th, 2013, 07:43 PM   #2266
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
The worst part of this is how easily she accepts losing. Sharapova is in her 3rd straight final. Vika withdraws rather than losing.
Caroline loses & loses & loses.. and she still plays this goofy style where she makes forehand errors on the most crucial points.

Its the way she loses, almost tanking matches that are very winnable.. That really is the strange part. She doesn't mind losing every match.

In 6 of 10 tournaments this year she lost 1st or 2nd match. 3 wins in 6 tournaments! She used to win 30,40 matches before she lost 6 matches.
Why worry about losing? There is always next week .
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 27th, 2013, 09:22 PM   #2267
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
The first question that needs to be answered is, "How much does SHE - Caroline Wozniacki REALLY want it." She can hire the best coach on the planet, but if that all consuming desire to be as good as she can possibly be is no longer there it won't work. Rory, well, imagine that he was the boyfriend of someone like Sharapova. And give Sharapova even ten times the money she already has. It would have zero impact on her career as a tennis player, because she loves to compete. Loves the get the best out of herself at any cost. Caroline used to be like that. She needs to get it back. That above all else is the top priority as far as I am concerned.
To me Caroline very much gives the impression of waiting for it to happen, rather than making it happen. I found some of her recent quotes very disappointing in this aspect.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 27th, 2013, 10:24 PM   #2268
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Whoops, wrong thread, I mistakenly thought this was the Caro fan player section...

Carry on with the catharsis.
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 12:13 AM   #2269
country flag Jack.

Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute

I really don't get this, everyone over analysing every detail of Caro's game, life, coaching selection etc.
There's nothing we can do about it but support Caro as her fans. It just makes you miserable.

Juan Martin Del Potro
Jack. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 02:33 AM   #2270
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Well, perhaps in the future we should limit our comments to a "Come on Caroline" at the start of each of her matches and a "Well done" if she happens to win. Anything beyond that is apparently unacceptable.

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 02:46 AM   #2271
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, perhaps in the future we should limit our comments to a "Come on Caroline" at the start of each of her matches and a "Well done" if she happens to win. Anything beyond that is apparently unacceptable.
If I may be nosey,why are you posting at 4:30am on a Sunday?

Tbh,I can sympathize with Burisleif and like-minded folks;from a practical standpoint,there's no apparent utility at all in rehashing Caroline's struggles w/o end(though I fretted aimlessly,myself,in other forums some years ago),and it DOES create an air of negativity.However,I've long since learned and adapted to the fact that that's how sports fan forums ARE,so maybe I've grown numb to it.

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Soccer=the RCC and Islam in terms of brainwashed,mindless fanatics who'll kill and maim for their stupid religion
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 03:34 AM   #2272
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

I just like too see her get back into the groove of things, I know it going take a while for her too get back into too good form but I would at least like too see her try too make the changes & Improvements in her game like I said in one my other post I think sometimes she worry about her fitness more than her game hopefully that would change in the future don't get me wrong I think it great she stay fit I think IMO she the Fitness player out there but I feel she haven't take it too the next level yet with her game, so I hoping she starting working & Improving on different area in her game soon Too live up too her potential. As of now I hope she train with Sven alot this Clay Season as well as Grass & Summer Hard courts

A.Radwańska | Halep | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 04:13 AM   #2273
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Though many might have forgotten,Caroline actually was a finalist 4 years ago,against Dinara,in the next clay Premier.She looked so adorable at the trophy ceremony

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Soccer=the RCC and Islam in terms of brainwashed,mindless fanatics who'll kill and maim for their stupid religion
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 08:46 AM   #2274
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
If I may be nosey,why are you posting at 4:30am on a Sunday?
I had fallen asleep in front of the telly while watching a football match.

Quote:
Tbh,I can sympathize with Burisleif and like-minded folks;from a practical standpoint,there's no apparent utility at all in rehashing Caroline's struggles w/o end(though I fretted aimlessly,myself,in other forums some years ago),and it DOES create an air of negativity.However,I've long since learned and adapted to the fact that that's how sports fan forums ARE,so maybe I've grown numb to it.
When people root for a player they will be happy when she wins and disappointed when she loses. This fan forum is no different from any other in that regard. I'm sure that at Hello Kvitty fans aren't dancing around their television sets/computer screens when she loses either. Nobody can expect posters to say after for example the loss in Stuttgart, "that was great Caroline! You almost won a set!" It's normal that we are worried. But nobody here takes any pleasure from her struggles. Everything is written from the perspective of caring fans who want what's best for her.

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 09:01 AM   #2275
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
Whoops, wrong thread, I mistakenly thought this was the Caro fan player section...

Carry on with the catharsis.

my same thought

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 09:33 AM   #2276
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

When people root for a player they will be happy when she wins and disappointed when she loses. This fan forum is no different from any other in that regard. I'm sure that at Hello Kvitty fans aren't dancing around their television sets/computer screens when she loses either. Nobody can expect posters to say after for example the loss in Stuttgart, "that was great Caroline! You almost won a set!" It's normal that we are worried. But nobody here takes any pleasure from her struggles. Everything is written from the perspective of caring fans who want what's best for her.
Perfect observation.

I don't think that any of us expected her to maintain the results she had from August, 2010-April, 2011, that probably would have been impossible, but I don't think any of us thought she would go from making every other final to being a non-contender so quickly. I think that the thing that frustrates most of us is that there is no consistency from match to match and that she is losing too many matches that she really should be winning. I can accept that at the moment she is not good enough to consistently challenge the better players but the losses to the lower ranked players are becoming far too common and in her last match it appeared that she just gave up. It is hard to be optimistic and supportive when you don't believe the player you cheer for is giving her best effort.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 10:16 AM   #2277
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Yeah, and I wonder why she doesnt try her best. We know from Dubai & IW she can still play top 5 or 6 tennis. I thought she was heading back to finish top 4 after IW.
But then her desire, effort level, focus, attempts to get more aggressive.. I dont understand the reasoning that has her going to Madrid with 3 losses in her last 4 matches, all against noncontenders.
What is going on, and why?
She lost the last 5 games to Voegele, lost her last set 1-6. She used to be a good fighter. In the Kerber win, I thought even she lost, her desire was tremendous that match. What happened? This happened last year also, after excellent Miami and a good Copenhagen. Then she disappeared until after the US Open. But even in 2012, she was losing to Serena, not Voegele
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 10:22 AM   #2278
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute

It is normal, that we are all dissapointed from her performance. And that she is not focused in tennis.

Jelena Jankovic - Empress of WTA

Serena Williams - Simply Serena; simply the best!
Saraya! is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 10:41 AM   #2279
country flag Jack.

Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There's no need to get defensive, I was just giving my POV. I didn't say that you should limit anything to "come on" and "well done", I'm just saying people here seem to dwell on Caro's losses for too long. You're just making it harder on yourselves to move on when another loss comes.

Juan Martin Del Potro
Jack. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 10:52 AM   #2280
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"that was great Caroline! You almost won a set!"
Brilliant, Chrissie ...

Or maybe we could do like I understand is popular in kids football (soccer) matches in the States. They don't keep score.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread