Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 143 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Apr 21st, 2013, 07:07 PM   #2131
country flag CloudAtlas
Lamenting the days of peak SEWTA

CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

A 23 year old stating she wants to play 'a few more years'. Horrendous.

With more and more players hitting their prime in the second half of their twenties these days, such a scenario would be highly disappointing from a fan point of view. Although maybe she could be another Clijsters, and come back from motherhood and retirement to start schooling all her bogeyman, who owned her in her younger years and winning Slams
Advertisement

Old Apr 21st, 2013, 07:15 PM   #2132
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Well, it's not the first time that she and/or her dad said something similar. Still, I always take such comments with a grain of salt. Even Chris Evert back in the day said that she would retire in her early twenties. In her mid-thirties she was still playing (and winning ).

Sure, personal happiness is the most important thing in life. But if you're not happy getting paid millions for hitting a tennis ball and being treated like a princess everywhere you go you're hard to please. Of course there are also negative aspects to it, but ultimately nothing will ever give her the adrenaline rush that tennis gives her, and if she retires - especially if she retires (too) early I think she will miss that.
Did Maria Sharapova not once upon a time say she would retire by her mid-20s or did I totally dream that?
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 07:20 PM   #2133
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamanKarolina View Post
A 23 year old stating she wants to play 'a few more years'. Horrendous.

With more and more players hitting their prime in the second half of their twenties these days, such a scenario would be highly disappointing from a fan point of view. Although maybe she could be another Clijsters, and come back from motherhood and retirement to start schooling all her bogeyman, who owned her in her younger years and winning Slams
*22 year old . I think it's unlikely Caro is one of these players who hits her prime in her late 20s, early 30s. It's normally related to miles on the clock so to speak, and Caro started young and hasn't had any breaks, and has been competing at the top level for a number of years. In terms of tennis Caro is a relatively old 22.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 07:25 PM   #2134
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Did Maria Sharapova not once upon a time say she would retire by her mid-20s or did I totally dream that?
It's possible. But when you're a teenager six or seven years seem like an eternity.

Caroline Wozniacki

Maria Sharapova, Li Na, Agnieszka Radwanska, Sorana Cirstea

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 07:55 PM   #2135
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No you didn't dream that. You are correct. It was when Kim won the USO 2005 - Kim said she would continue in 2006 but was getting married and retiring in 2007. Sharapova was asked what she thought about that and Kim retiring so young and she said that she herself expected to retire early not long afterwards.

Kim was very specific on her retirement and marriage. Got talking about what and when her last tournament would be (althougnh that got changed) and naming a year rather than saying in a couple of years time. That's when I take what any player says about retiring seriously.

Although if Caro had said I plan to play next year and then review whether to continue - I'd take that seriously and be mighty concerned.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters

Last edited by terjw : Apr 21st, 2013 at 08:05 PM.
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 09:02 PM   #2136
country flag Trey

Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future

Quote:
Yes she did she said she don't see herself playing tennis past age 30
Trey is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 09:07 PM   #2137
country flag Trey

Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future

Wait I confused is Caroline talking about retiring now or soon and getting Married I hope not
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 09:12 PM   #2138
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Wait I confused is Caroline talking about retiring now or soon and getting Married I hope not
in her FB Chat with fans on FB today she once more said she won't stay on tour forever and she wants to have a family in a couple of years

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 09:23 PM   #2139
country flag Trey

oh I think she stay around for a while I remember just last year in one her interview she said she wanted too play another 5-8 more years at least I hoping she does stay while longer it be a shame if she leave at early age, & I don't need another one my Fave player too leave at an early age Nicole Vaidišová just done that & Safina left do too injury at an young age
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 09:43 PM   #2140
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

If Caro retires at 24, 25, then she just wasnt into it enough.
Most players know their careers are short anyway, and you have to enjoy every match
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 09:47 PM   #2141
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
If Caro retires at 24, 25, then she just wasnt into it enough.
Hard as it may sound - I agree with that.

Caroline Wozniacki

Old Apr 21st, 2013, 09:52 PM   #2142
country flag Trey

^ it true But I hoping she doesn't do that & have a longer career an fulfill her potential
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 10:01 PM   #2143
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
^ it true But I hoping she doesn't do that & have a longer career an fulfill her potential
I think she will have a longer career. It would make no sense for her to quit at 24 or 25. If she did it would be the first time that I'm disappointed in her rather than for her. But I don't think it will happen.

Caroline Wozniacki

Old Apr 21st, 2013, 10:39 PM   #2144
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
I think she will have a longer career. It would make no sense for her to quit at 24 or 25. If she did it would be the first time that I'm disappointed in her rather than for her. But I don't think it will happen.
You never know what could happen in the future. But I'm sure that as of now - Caro hasn't really thought it through. It sounds like she could be saying the same thing "In two years time... a year from now if asked.

But with Kim I wasn't in the least disappointed in her that she retired at a young age in 2007. A very big reason was the arthritis pain she was going through every morning which was bad. And that was a reason as well as her marriage. I think of her year out for a whole year with her wrist (most of 2004 and early 2005) when she was on top of her gamee and I thought she might never play again and then winning the USO 2005.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 10:54 PM   #2145
country flag Trey

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
You never know what could happen in the future. But I'm sure that as of now - Caro hasn't really thought it through. It sounds like she could be saying the same thing "In two years time... a year from now if asked.

But with Kim I wasn't in the least disappointed in her that she retired at a young age in 2007. A very big reason was the arthritis pain she was going through every morning which was bad. And that was a reason as well as her marriage. I think of her year out for a whole year with her wrist (most of 2004 and early 2005) when she was on top of her gamee and I thought she might never play again and then winning the USO 2005.
OMg Kim had or has Arthritis I never know that when did this happen in her career
Closed Thread