Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 132 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Apr 12th, 2013, 02:37 PM   #1966
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Will agree that a certain measure of the criticism is self-inflicted,and have even posted--at least once--that Caroline could silence so many critics by winning an elite title(that's the nature of sports journalism).

However,the attacks on Caro or her integrity are most always unfounded blathering,IMO,and it turns out that Tignor and Peter Dildo were just in a bad mood because they couldn't find any big Mexican chiles the other day.....They just LUUUUUV sucking on chiles

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!

Last edited by bruce goose : Apr 12th, 2013 at 03:36 PM. Reason: typos
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 12th, 2013, 02:41 PM   #1967
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Pathetic loss to Vögele at Charleston

Rory is her #1, tennis only #2. Rory destroyed her career

Meeting Rory was the worst thing that happened to her tennis career. Caroline has never been the same since she met him. Her tennis just got worse and worse. And now it is really shit. It has become so easy to beat Caroline. I don`t see the fire in Caroline anymore that she used to have.

Caroline`s serve is a mess, her footwork/movement has become worse. Actually everything has become worse since she met Rory. Caroline doesn`t care as much if she loses a match now, she still has Rory. And he is more important to her than her tennis.

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 12th, 2013, 02:56 PM   #1968
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

And I am really pissed at Caroline too that - instead of training hard in a training camp after her horror losses at Miami and Charleston to improve her tennis - she spends most of her time with Rory on golf course again !

Caroline does not take her tennis career seriously anymore. Her focus is not 100 % on tennis like it used to be. Very unprofessional behaviour

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 12th, 2013, 03:14 PM   #1969
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rucolo View Post
And I am really pissed at Caroline too that - instead of training hard in a training camp after her horror losses at Miami and Charleston to improve her tennis - she spends most of her time with Rory on golf course again !

Caroline does not take her tennis career seriously anymore. Her focus is not 100 % on tennis like it used to be. Very unprofessional behaviour
She has to have a break at some point. I'm disappointed she didnt follow up IW with good efforts in Miami or Charleston, so we could look forward with some optimism. But a break now, and after Wimbledon, makes sense
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 12th, 2013, 03:25 PM   #1970
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
She has to have a break at some point. I'm disappointed she didnt follow up IW with good efforts in Miami or Charleston, so we could look forward with some optimism. But a break now, and after Wimbledon, makes sense
I would understand a break if she wasn't playing Charleston or Stuttgart, but I don't really think a break 8-9 days before playing on red clay for the first time in 10 and a half months is a great idea. I can't imagine any other player in the draw (outside of Fed Cup reasons maybe) will not be gearing up for the clay season.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 12th, 2013, 05:27 PM   #1971
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
how nice of Andy

andyroddick andyroddick
@carowozniacki I just watched your shot from the par 3 yesterday.... On the bright side you're one of the nicest people I know

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 12th, 2013, 05:41 PM   #1972
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
What I think their is a lack of in Wozniacki articles is an actual analysis of the state of her game. Too often they gloss over what is going on on-court in her game, and focus on off court issues. Now off court issues maybe affecting her, but without actually getting into Caroline's head it's tough to judge. I am surprised though at the lack of focus on issues in her game, some articles even try and spout rubbish claiming she is playing the same level now as she was when she was number 1. It's clear her game has declined in various areas, maybe it is down to mental reasons as some suggest in here, but articles don't even link the two, and there is a lack of analysis in general on the state of her game.
Yes, you often hear similar things from commentators during her matches. Things about how she is a wall and (possibly) the best defender on the tour. I don't think that is true any longer and it would make sense for commentators (and journalists) to be a bit more accurate in their analysis/critiques.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 12th, 2013, 05:44 PM   #1973
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
how nice of Andy

andyroddick andyroddick
@carowozniacki I just watched your shot from the par 3 yesterday.... On the bright side you're one of the nicest people I know
I realise that he is a polarising figure, it took me years to warm to him, but I would like to hear him as an analyst/commentator. He's usually good for a laugh and would bring a different voice to the coverage we receive in North America.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 12th, 2013, 05:58 PM   #1974
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I realise that he is a polarising figure, it took me years to warm to him, but I would like to hear him as an analyst/commentator. He's usually good for a laugh and would bring a different voice to the coverage we receive in North America.
Let's face it, the bad boys of tennis (Connors, Nastase, McEnroe, Roddick to a lesser degree) were very entertaining. I've had it up to here with all that TF crap about cheating and unsportsmanlike conduct in almost every thread you enter. Bring back Jimmy 'up yours' Connors - he would show 'em.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 12th, 2013, 06:02 PM   #1975
country flag Achernar

Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Yes, you often hear similar things from commentators during her matches. Things about how she is a wall and (possibly) the best defender on the tour. I don't think that is true any longer and it would make sense for commentators (and journalists) to be a bit more accurate in their analysis/critiques.
Well, they never understood what she was doing in order to win, so I guess it's quite normal for them that they can't see the differences between now and then

The journalists covering women's tennis are just pathetic, really. Most of them have no interest or knowledge in the sport, they don't know the players and they're just regurgitating the same foolishness, copying and pasting each other. I don't expect any kind of deep analysis from them.
Achernar is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 12th, 2013, 08:48 PM   #1976
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
I would understand a break if she wasn't playing Charleston or Stuttgart, but I don't really think a break 8-9 days before playing on red clay for the first time in 10 and a half months is a great idea. I can't imagine any other player in the draw (outside of Fed Cup reasons maybe) will not be gearing up for the clay season.
Yes she really need too be getting ready for clay season beside what she doing now, don't get me wrong I have nothing against rory but she have too see it that her career is not where it was, & she have alot improvement too do

A.Radwańska | Halep | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 12th, 2013, 09:03 PM   #1977
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

I know Caro have Problem With trusting Coaches but i wonder will she take advice, lesson or help from former player like Martina Hingis or Kim Clijsters too help her re tool her game or show her how too improve in different area. I kind of in a way I like her too go too the Mouratoglou Academy too get work with Hingis but I kinda know that not going happen

A.Radwańska | Halep | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 12th, 2013, 09:30 PM   #1978
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Let's face it, the bad boys of tennis (Connors, Nastase, McEnroe, Roddick to a lesser degree) were very entertaining. I've had it up to here with all that TF crap about cheating and unsportsmanlike conduct in almost every thread you enter. Bring back Jimmy 'up yours' Connors - he would show 'em.
Much of the conduct discussion is subjective.As far as enforcing etiquette,that depends on how serious the sport really is about their precious tradition and code.Personally,if aye HAD to choose between a rich,spoiled jackass--like McEnroe--who still tried hard to be the best....and a soft marica like Verdasco who was outwardly polite yet content with mediocrity as long as he had his inheritance or sponsorship offers....I'd choose the former.

Though I don't like seeing Caro get bashed,it might be helpful if we had some knowledgeable,respected commentators who wouldn't pull any punches about her game.......as long as it was done with professional integrity,unlike Davenport's look-at-me-and-listen-to-my-rants-even-though-I'm-FAR-less-pretty-than-so-many-famous-tennis-players(and thus often ignored).If a HOF'er accurately broke down Caro and Piotr's mistakes,then maybe the criticism would carry some constructive weight with them

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 12:44 AM   #1979
country flag cosmoose

cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rucolo View Post
Pathetic loss to Vögele at Charleston

Rory is her #1, tennis only #2. Rory destroyed her career

Meeting Rory was the worst thing that happened to her tennis career. Caroline has never been the same since she met him. Her tennis just got worse and worse. And now it is really shit. It has become so easy to beat Caroline. I don`t see the fire in Caroline anymore that she used to have.

Caroline`s serve is a mess, her footwork/movement has become worse. Actually everything has become worse since she met Rory. Caroline doesn`t care as much if she loses a match now, she still has Rory. And he is more important to her than her tennis.
Don't be a revisionist
Caro's game was on the downhill long before she ever met Rory.

Check out Stefanie Vögele's facebook fanpage!
cosmoose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 01:54 AM   #1980
country flag Achernar

Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmoose View Post
Don't be a revisionist
Caro's game was on the downhill long before she ever met Rory.
Indeed, I think that blaming Rory for all of Caro's problems would be somewhat unfair. I do not want to go on the possible causes of her actual problems, but I still think that her self-confidence has been shaken by all the criticism against her playing style and her inability to win a grand slam...and against herself, as a human being.

Her relationship with Rory is just another part of all those things that are distracting her mind right now.

Besides, I think it's healthy for a young woman to be in love and to be working on her personal happiness. I believe that our first goal in this life should be to seek happiness, as long as this quest is not harming others - in the sense that we must have consideration for our fellowmen. Thus, I find it impossible to blame Caroline for seeking that happiness in her life. I wouldn't want her to sacrifice her personnal life to the benefice of her career. She has to find some balance between those two aspects of her life. And frankly, I think she will eventually rebound. Besides, objectively, she remains among the most successful players on tour, even if we are disappointed as fans.
Achernar is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread