Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 131 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Apr 12th, 2013, 03:06 AM   #1951
country flag Cooper96

Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Did anyone see Peter Bodo's article about Caro saying she's more than a WAG? If not, you should just for a good laugh. By far one of the most inconsiderate pieces of journalism I have ever read.

Here is a link:

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2013/.../#.UWdsHaKOTTo
Tennis Tipping: CH: 14 Current: 14 Champion: 2013 ITF Montpellier, 2013 ITF Astana, 2013 ITF Donetsk, 2013 ITF Madrid
CYP: CH: 19 Current: 19 Champion: 2013 Birmingham, 2014 Montreal
Tennis Tipping Doubles: CH: 80 Current: 87 Champion: 2013 ITF Croissy Beaubourg, 2013 ITF Olomouc, 2013 ITF Donetsk, 2013 ITF Braunschweig, 2014 ITF Launceston
Cooper96 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 12th, 2013, 03:13 AM   #1952
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

^ reading something like that is even more why i want her too win a grand slam before she retire & prove the hater wrong. I know it going be hard but I love too see it happen

S. Stephens | M. Keys | A. Riske | C. Vandeweghe | J. Hampton | T. Townsend | V. Duval | S. Vickery

S. Crawford | L. Chirico | Cici. Bellis |T. Black | H. Black | J. Daniel | W. Osuigwe | M. Shishkina | G. Faith Andrews
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 12th, 2013, 03:28 AM   #1953
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Don't sweat Peter Dildo;if he actually had a penis,then he would be TWO-faced.Don't even mention Caro,cuz even Malou is closer to a Slam than that bush-league hack is to being a REAL journalist

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

JUSTICIA PARA LAS NORMALISTAS!! Pena de muerte para todos los narcos en Mexico!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 12th, 2013, 08:30 AM   #1954
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper96 View Post
Did anyone see Peter Bodo's article about Caro saying she's more than a WAG? If not, you should just for a good laugh. By far one of the most inconsiderate pieces of journalism I have ever read.
Wozniacki, Sharapova and Clijsters have always been favorite targets of Bodo. The guy doesn't even like womens tennis. In one of the podcasts at tennis.com he said that "Serena is the only player anyone is interested in. Nobody cares about Wozniacki and Sharapova is a bit more popular I suppose, but that's more for the glamour and how she looks than for the tennis."
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 12th, 2013, 10:30 AM   #1955
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

While in my opinion at least I consider Bodo incompetent, he sort of crosses fan boy into journalism and his articles tend to scream of having an underlying agenda, and there is some very bad journalism in this article. I find it interesting that this is the second article in around a week that has been heavily critical of Caro. Of course articles have always been critical, labeling her a false number one, criticising her game etc. These latest articles appear to go in a different direction, they are now criticising her as a person, effectively accusing her as having checked out of her career and given up hope of success in tennis, instead choosing to cash in on her fame. This is very heavy criticism, and if it's to become the norm, is going to paint Caroline in a very negative light.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 12th, 2013, 11:09 AM   #1956
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Bodo & Davenport might be extremes, but a lot of the tennis media view Caroline as a lightweight. Tignor called her the biggest disappointment on the tour. That troll who works for Sports Illustrated, 40 deuce, insults her. Another idiot, Jon Scott, called her a pretender at #1, etc..
The best players want to win majors. Caroline has many of her worst losses at majors, and very few of her best wins. She did beat Sharapova, but lost in 2 sets to Vera two rounds later.
There's very few majors where Caroline lost playing her best tennis.
So a lot of the media thinks she's good tournaments like Internationals, but not a threat at majors.
Her droppoff really started at 2 majors, 2011 FO & W, and people were watching a#1 who was playing like a noncontender and in general, falling apart while only 21 years old
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 12th, 2013, 11:18 AM   #1957
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Bodo & Davenport might be extremes, but a lot of the tennis media view Caroline as a lightweight. Tignor called her the biggest disappointment on the tour. That troll who works for Sports Illustrated insults her. Another idiot, Jon Scott, called her a pretender at #1, etc..
The best players want to win majors. Caroline has many of her worst losses at majors, and very few of her best wins. She did beat Sharapova, but lost in 2 sets to Vera two rounds later.
There's very few majors where Caroline lost playing her best tennis.
So a lot of the media thinks she's good tournaments like Internationals, but not a threat at majors.
Her droppoff really started at 2 majors, 2011 FO & W, and people were watching a#1 who was playing like a noncontender and in general, falling apart while only 21 years old
I mostly agree with you. It certainly doesn't help her case that her game really fell off in mid 2011 and she has yet to come close to showing the results that got her to number one. Her play over the last (nearly) two years only reinforces the negative opinions about her and her game. The best way to make her critics look foolish is to start winning again. She may never win a slam, or even make another slam final, but few people believe she is not capable of much better than we have seen from her since Roland Garros, 2011.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 12th, 2013, 12:37 PM   #1958
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I think she's way under rated because NOBODY besides Kim & Caro won anything over a Tier 2 from after Wimbledon (July 2010) until after Caroline won IW (April 2011). About 10 months!
You cant objectively say she didnt win anything when she won 5 straght Tier I's and nobody besides Kim won anything in that whole time period.
But it is what it is, and her dropoff at those 2 majors in 2011, combined with being #1 for 2 years without winning a major, led to this.
This year she played pretty well at Dubai & IW. I know some people also like her losses to Sveta.
But she has to being that intensity at every major and mandatory, and most tier I's.
For some reason, her intensity drops at the biggest moments, thats when she has to be her most focused

Old Apr 12th, 2013, 12:37 PM   #1959
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Bodo & Davenport might be extremes, but a lot of the tennis media view Caroline as a lightweight. Tignor called her the biggest disappointment on the tour.
But their own comments are full of contradictions. They were very negative about her even when she was number one. Davenport says that she was only number one because Clijsters and Serena was injured, Sharapova was coming back from injury and the likes of Azarenka, Radwanska and Kvitova hadn't peaked yet and that Caro's current ranking reflects her real abilities. If all that is true she can by their own definition not be a disappointment. If anything she was an overachiever. As far as I'm concerned the're full of it. Changing their tune to whatever sounds convenient at the time. Same about game styles. They complain about her making more UE and that she's not as consistent as she used to be. They conviniently seems to forget that it was them that urged her to be more agressive and tinker with her game, knowing all too well the risks that would involve.
Old Apr 12th, 2013, 01:02 PM   #1960
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper96 View Post

Here is a link:

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2013/.../#.UWdsHaKOTTo
Tennis journo legend ( that what Cronin said ), my ass
That's not even a journalism, pathetic attack on Caro's personality

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 12th, 2013, 01:24 PM   #1961
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
But their own comments are full of contradictions. They were very negative about her even when she was number one. Davenport says that she was only number one because Clijsters and Serena was injured, Sharapova was coming back from injury and the likes of Azarenka, Radwanska and Kvitova hadn't peaked yet and that Caro's current ranking reflects her real abilities. If all that is true she can by their own definition not be a disappointment. If anything she was an overachiever. As far as I'm concerned the're full of it. Changing their tune to whatever sounds convenient at the time. Same about game styles. They complain about her making more UE and that she's not as consistent as she used to be. They conviniently seems to forget that it was them that urged her to be more agressive and tinker with her game, knowing all too well the risks that would involve.
Overall, its very subjective to break down the tour into short segments. It makes more sense to judge full careers. Caro is still 22, and I think only 3 players have more titles (both Williams, Sharapova). So she has plenty of time, but she has to compete like the Kerber match. Since that match, she hasnt played well.
At big tournaments, she has to compete, has to start the match ready and hold serve.
If the rest of her career continues like the last 2 years, the tennis media will keep the negative articles coming

Old Apr 12th, 2013, 01:35 PM   #1962
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
Tennis journo legend ( that what Cronin said ), my ass
That's not even a journalism, pathetic attack on Caro's personality
I see Bodo calls Caro a 'native Pole' ... Hmm if by being born in Denmark, living her whole adolescent life in Denmark and of course having a Danish passport, makes her a 'native' Pole because of her mother and father's place of birth, I wonder how many 'native' Americans there are? Apart from native Americans, that is.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 12th, 2013, 01:41 PM   #1963
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

What I think their is a lack of in Wozniacki articles is an actual analysis of the state of her game. Too often they gloss over what is going on on-court in her game, and focus on off court issues. Now off court issues maybe affecting her, but without actually getting into Caroline's head it's tough to judge. I am surprised though at the lack of focus on issues in her game, some articles even try and spout rubbish claiming she is playing the same level now as she was when she was number 1. It's clear her game has declined in various areas, maybe it is down to mental reasons as some suggest in here, but articles don't even link the two, and there is a lack of analysis in general on the state of her game.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 12th, 2013, 01:41 PM   #1964
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
I see Bodo calls Caro a 'native Pole' ... Hmm if by being born in Denmark, living her whole adolescent life in Denmark and of course having a Danish passport, makes her a 'native' Pole because of her mother and father's place of birth, I wonder how many 'native' Americans there are? Apart from native Americans, that is.
Well, according to him Sharapova is one. If it were up to him every player should first ask him, the great oracle of wisdom, where to live, who to choose as a boy/girlfriend, which hobbys to take up, what clothes to wear and which television shows to watch.
Old Apr 12th, 2013, 03:15 PM   #1965
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

how nice of Andy

andyroddick andyroddick
@carowozniacki I just watched your shot from the par 3 yesterday.... On the bright side you're one of the nicest people I know

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread