Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 124 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Apr 8th, 2013, 05:21 AM   #1846
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Let Just see How the rest of the year play out for Caro first I think she playing like 3 or four more events before RG I hoping she does well in in those & can gain some points,As far as the racket goes I still kinda think it best she change her Racket as well but that up too her and who know when she will ever change her racket, but that not her only problem it her serve, her ForeHand, & Depth on her Shots, consistency, & Learning how Finnish of her shot much better

S. Stephens | M. Keys | A. Riske | C. Vandeweghe | J. Hampton | T. Townsend | V. Duval | S. Vickery

S. Crawford | L. Chirico | Cici. Bellis |T. Black | H. Black | J. Daniel | W. Osuigwe | M. Shishkina | G. Faith Andrews
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 8th, 2013, 06:20 AM   #1847
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

To me, she has to start the year better. She has to treat a hard court major like Rory treats the masters. She cant come to January so out of form.
In the long run, losing to Muguruza & Voegele might keep her out of the YEC, but even more long term, she has to take the AO & USO seriously, or she's for sure never winning a major
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 08:13 AM   #1848
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Let Just see How the rest of the year play out for Caro first I think she playing like 3 or four more events before RG I hoping she does well in in those & can gain some points,As far as the racket goes I still kinda think it best she change her Racket as well but that up too her and who know when she will ever change her racket, but that not her only problem it her serve, her ForeHand, & Depth on her Shots, consistency, & Learning how Finnish of her shot much better
I would suggest how Danish of her shot much better

sorry

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 09:38 AM   #1849
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarredreamer View Post
She's losing to "scrubs". She has basically lost her fight/hunger. Her game has regressed.

I always wonder why I even support Wozniacki. Every time she loses another match, especially the ones she's expected to win, I tell myself I need to find another player to support.. but then I end up always supporting her again.
Is anyone else like this? Haha.
Well, it's not your mind which decides who you like - it's your heart.

And the more frustrating her losses are, the more it will mean to you when she's doing well. I've been following tennis since about 76-77, something like that. When Chris Evert who was my tennis idol in those days won a tournament I was always happy about it, but I just considered it normal because Chris was always winning. So I got spoiled by her success. I think that today Serena fans are sorta in the same situation. When she won Wimbledon last year it probably meant more to them emotionally because it had been awhile since she won a major than winning, say, the YEC because by that time they had gotten used to her winning everything again. At the most it comes in handy when they want to rub the noses of Sharapova fans in it.

But post-Chrissie I became a Capriati fan. And that was quite different to say the least. There were years when she didn't even play but partied her life away, was depressed, smoked dope, got in trouble with the law - when she was almost someone who leads the life you read about in the biographies of those tragic rock stars that have died before their time. But she came back from the grave and even won slams and got to #1. For a fan that was an unbelievable experience because it was so unexpected.

Of course Caroline is personality and lifestyle-wise as different from Capriati as it gets, but it's the same situation in that her winning again would mean even more to us fans after all the struggles than it would if we had been spoiled by success and started considering her winning as the most normal thing in the world. Besides, she's a girl worth rooting for because she is such a sweetheart.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 09:43 AM   #1850
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
A potential return to 7 or 8 in the rankings for JJ is worthy of some praise but I don't think it means JJ is back to being a contender for big titles. Her game to me still seems a good way off from around the time when she was #1. It also doesn't excuse throwing away valuable prime years.

I'd be pleased if Caro could hit a decent, solid forehand on a consistent match to match basis. Caro's forehand doesn't need to be a weapon, it needs to be minimized as a weakness.
This is a key point. I don't really know the ins and outs of Jankovic's career but almost certainly at some point she lost motivation the last few years. It probably happens in a lot of players who have success early then go away, you later on regain some desire to get back, but the problem is it's too late. Sure Jankovic may make a run at Istanbul this year (to be seen yet), but in terms of what she probably most wants winning grand slams - it's likely all over. And this is what I and I imagine others mean when I say Caro doesn't really have time just because she is 22, if it takes another 2-3 years, and then all of a sudden she regains a burning desire, it is likely to be way too late to make much of an impact at the top of the game.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 10:14 AM   #1851
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleineBiere View Post
Aga? caro served for match
Ana? two top 5 wins after RG 2008. one of them in indian wells 2012
losing to Safarova & Goerges...on hardcourt..pretty low

last year i was more pissed off
I would guess the reason you were more pissed off though is last year you expected better, those losses come as a surprise. This year its changed from being pissed off to just shrugging it off as expectation, her losses just aren't surprising anymore (even if they are upsets in the traditional sense).

While some of her losses last year were bad (the Ivanovic loss maybe the worst in terms of how she played), least they were still to players in the top 30 (and top 20 excluding Safarova). This year she has 6 losses to players not even in the top 60, it's just a whole other level of bad losses.

Anyway away discussing the now, surely Caroline is not going to play the schedule she has listed on her website. I thought she may have had a chance of racking up points at some of the premiers in the USO hard court summer, but according to her website she isn't playing any of them. She's just playing Toronto and Cincinnati. Though I guess is it really that accurate because we know she's playing Stuttgart and that isn't listed. I really don't think she can afford the skinny schedule she has listed on her website.

Last edited by ozza : Apr 8th, 2013 at 10:26 AM.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 10:24 AM   #1852
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarredreamer View Post
She's losing to "scrubs". She has basically lost her fight/hunger. Her game has regressed.

I always wonder why I even support Wozniacki. Every time she loses another match, especially the ones she's expected to win, I tell myself I need to find another player to support.. but then I end up always supporting her again.
Is anyone else like this? Haha.
Wozniacki fans are like captains. We go down with the ship.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 10:28 AM   #1853
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Updated ranking post Charleston (aka another missed opportunity) leaves Caro at #10. Sam at #9 has about same number of points, but 9 or 10 is obviously rather immaterial.

1,500 points up to #8, Kvitova and 700 points down to #11, Petrova.

Remains #7 in the race.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 10:32 AM   #1854
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitten Kitten View Post
I would suggest how Danish of her shot much better

sorry

Old Apr 8th, 2013, 10:55 AM   #1855
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
What she is doing the last 2 years is hurting the preception of Caroline's career. I think thats the important fallout of this.
You can hear it from Davenport's analysis. She wants to make it that Wozniacki won some small tournaments when Serena and Maria were injured and Vika still was improving. When all 3 got good, Caroline just fell into the pack where she belonged.
Thats what all these losses to Pervak, Muguruza and Voegele are doing.
People can handle an occasional upset (like Serena FO) or a onesided loss (Maria AO 2012 final). Its when you constantly give the impression who arent that good (Caro's last 2 years), thats what people take away from it.

Its not terrible for fans, its reality, but its going to hurt how people view Caroline's overall ability and quality of her game
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 11:30 AM   #1856
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
What she is doing the last 2 years is hurting the preception of Caroline's career. I think thats the important fallout of this.
You can hear it from Davenport's analysis. She wants to make it that Wozniacki won some small tournaments when Serena and Maria were injured and Vika still was improving. When all 3 got good, Caroline just fell into the pack where she belonged.
Thats what all these losses to Pervak, Muguruza and Voegele are doing.
People can handle an occasional upset (like Serena FO) or a onesided loss (Maria AO 2012 final). Its when you constantly give the impression who arent that good (Caro's last 2 years), thats what people take away from it.

Its not terrible for fans, its reality, but its going to hurt how people view Caroline's overall ability and quality of her game
Well, there's no doubt that to get credit for her reign as number one she's going to need to improve on her current results. If not most will (and already have) adopt Davenport's analysis, no matter if it's unfair or not.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 11:35 AM   #1857
country flag DownInAHole

The truth may be somewhere in the middle. It is ludicrous to assert that the Caroline that is playing now would have gotten anywhere near number one. Anyone who is paying attention should be able to see that she is losing to players that she just didn't lose to, or very rarely lost to, circa 2009-mid 2011. There is a case to be made that she was never really the best player on the tour but it is also true that she was playing much better then than she is now.

Old Apr 8th, 2013, 11:52 AM   #1858
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Well, there's no doubt that to get credit for her reign as number one she's going to need to improve on her current results. If not most will (and already have) adopt Davenport's analysis, no matter if it's unfair or not.
Her haters have their own version already,they don't need the input from Davenport...

I am not that worried about Caro's career because she is still young and physically fit. Even though she's not posting the best results right now she does have the conditions to improve her game and I think she'll eventually get it together. She should drop her care-free hat though, whoever put it on her head. Success comes hard but if a player loses their focus it can go very easily and it's hard to come back.
I'm not giving up on Caro though. I have patience. In the end of the day, I'm and Ana fan

Last edited by marineblue : Apr 8th, 2013 at 11:59 AM.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 01:37 PM   #1859
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
not all, some jump to another ship

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 01:58 PM   #1860
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
not all, some jump to another ship
Just had to good rep you for this
Although I can't say that I miss the one who jumped.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread