Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 120 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Apr 6th, 2013, 09:38 PM   #1786
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
It is possible mathematically of course. In terms of is it likely to happen, it's highly unlikely. Caro after this week is on 3760 points. That will be 1465 points off of the #8 spot. The players ranked in that area have more to defend than Caro, but that is a huge gap. Caro will probably have to gain around 1200 points to have a chance. That's a big ask in 4 tournaments on clay (Eastbourne points do not count towards Wimbledon seedings). She would need to be posting like SF on average every event. She obviously has a better chance at a top 8 seed when she can start to clear some of these R1 grand slam exits off of her ranking.
Yeah I see i Maybe she can get it around the U.S. Open time

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 6th, 2013, 09:42 PM   #1787
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Any YEC talk wont mean much until players like Muguruza, Pervak and Voegele arent beating her. Right now, there's no reason to think she will automatically finish 2013 ranked ahead of Jankovic, who is a very good red clay player, and right now, just beat Voegele
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 09:50 PM   #1788
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

While let see i this year Finnish and play out, Hopefully it play out good, I know she not going change much this year but in the upcoming years, I wish & hoping her will be willing too go back too her Babolat Racquet number 1 & too learn how too trust in another coach beside her dad

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 09:54 PM   #1789
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It is possible mathematically of course. In terms of is it likely to happen, it's highly unlikely. Caro after this week is on 3760 points. That will be 1465 points off of the #8 spot. The players ranked in that area have more to defend than Caro, but that is a huge gap. Caro will probably have to gain around 1200 points to have a chance. That's a big ask in 4 tournaments on clay (Eastbourne points do not count towards Wimbledon seedings). She would need to be posting like SF on average every event. She has a better chance at a top 8 seed when she can start to clear some of these R1 grand slam exits off of her ranking.
Her best chance of getting a top eight seeding is if one or two of those ahead of her in the rankings get injured. A bit mean perhaps, but it's more likely to happen than making up 1465 points, especially since Sam Stosur who's currently #9 is a better claycourt player than Caro. But her seeding would potentially only become important in the second week anyway. It's much more important to get a good draw for the first three rounds. If she makes the last 16 it's already a success, or not another disaster anyway. And by that time several of the seeds will already be out. With a bit of luck including the dangerous one that Caro was supposed to play. Seriously, I think that with a favorable draw she could do reasonably well at Wimbledon. Somehow I have more hope for her there than at the FO or the other red clay tournaments.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 10:00 PM   #1790
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Any YEC talk wont mean much until players like Muguruza, Pervak and Voegele arent beating her. Right now, there's no reason to think she will automatically finish 2013 ranked ahead of Jankovic, who is a very good red clay player, and right now, just beat Voegele
It's easy to forget that the Indian Wells final has given Caroline a reasonable points total. She is still #7 in the race. It's all about what happens for Caroline on clay and grass. I think she needs to post around 1000 points in this clay and grass season to be in reasonable contention. One big edge she has over Jankovic is a higher seeding, she is going to get easier draws. Obviously she has to take advantage of these draws though. The opposite is true though when you look at say Kerber vs Wozniacki in the race, Kerber is the one who will be getting easier draws.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 10:00 PM   #1791
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Her best chance of getting a top eight seeding is if one or two of those ahead of her in the rankings get injured. A bit mean perhaps, but it's more likely to happen than making up 1465 points, especially since Sam Stosur who's currently #9 is a better claycourt player than Caro. But her seeding would potentially only become important in the second week anyway. It's much more important to get a good draw for the first three rounds. If she makes the last 16 it's already a success, or not another disaster anyway. And by that time several of the seeds will already be out. With a bit of luck including the dangerous one that Caro was supposed to play. Seriously, I think that with a favorable draw she could do reasonably well at Wimbledon. Somehow I have more hope for her there than at the FO or the other red clay tournaments.
Let me know if you need help with the evil plan for top 8 seeding
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 10:03 PM   #1792
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I think her best chance to finish top 8 is to compete better. She knows how to win. She used to win the most matches on the whole tour.
Going back 5 years to 2008, only Serena & Maria are still at the top of the sport. A bunch of others, like Jankovic, Ivanovic, or Wozniacki, had short runs in the top group then fell off.

Its very hard to keep fighting like that year after year. Caroline isnt doing it. Forget changes in her game, its how you compete.
Jankovic could always do this. Same with Caro. She knows how to beat Voegele, but it takes mental focus and consistency. Not being broken 5 of 6 games
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 10:05 PM   #1793
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
Let me know if you need help with the evil plan for top 8 seeding
I propose that Tonya Harding becomes a member of team Caro as soon as possible!
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 10:08 PM   #1794
country flag Trey

Quote:
I don't a apart me does think she can crack the top 8 this year I mean her result have been bad but not awful and she can gain alot points at this time the problem is she losing too player she should be winning too, I still think she need a coach & that her dad and brought her as far as he could I mean I don't want her too be like an Marion Bartoli or an Donald Young on the men side (player on had so much potential but couldn't full-fill do to the fact they didn't get no real coaching) True fully it be a Shame if that happen just because she too afraid or don't trust another coach

Old Apr 6th, 2013, 10:16 PM   #1795
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
Still nobody pleased with the FH progress and changes?
The problem is these changes only tend to show up against weaker players. She is able to do a lot when given short balls. The best players won't allow this though, her offensive side of her game isn't in that bad a shape. But she's not an offensive player, and is unlikely to ever be one. The basis of her game, the rock solid consistency and depth is gone on both wings.
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 10:31 PM   #1796
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
I don't a apart me does think she can crack the top 8 this year I mean her result have been bad but not awful and she can gain alot points at this time the problem is she losing too player she should be winning too, I still think she need a coach & that her dad and brought her as far as he could I mean I don't want her too be like an Marion Bartoli or an Donald Young on the men side (player on had so much potential but couldn't full-fill do to the fact they didn't get no real coaching) True fully it be a Shame if that happen just because she too afraid or don't trust another coach
Yes getting to the top 8 is a big deal. Each seed bracket obviously brings big advantages. You get easier draws, your draw becomes more likely to open up etc. You see this with say Errani who is very good at beating who she is supposed to beat, and can't face any of the top players (who she has a very bad record against) until the latter stages, so she makes QF after QF even off her preferred surface.
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 10:41 PM   #1797
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
IF (and it's a big if) she improves on last years results I think she can get back into the top 8 this year, but I don't think it will already happen during the claycourt season. I don't think it's fair to put the blame for Caroline's disappointing results entirely on Piotr though. He was after all also her coach when she was #1, so he can't be as bad a coach as some make him out to be.
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 10:47 PM   #1798
country flag Trey

Quote:
Yes getting to the top 8 is a big deal. Each seed bracket obviously brings big advantages. You get easier draws, your draw becomes more likely to open up etc. You see this with say Errani who is very good at beating who she is supposed to beat, and can't face any of the top players (who she has a very bad record against) until the latter stages, so she makes QF after QF even off her preferred surface.
Yeah Looking at the ranking Stosur & Kerber only two player who are not having such a great year so far beside caro & have alot point to defend in coming weeks

Old Apr 6th, 2013, 10:48 PM   #1799
country flag KleineBiere

KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
0-26 vs top 5 (0-7 after French Open) Kerber has to defend a lot of points. Rome, French Open...and 1400 on grass
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 10:52 PM   #1800
country flag Trey

Quote:
IF (and it's a big if) she improves on last years results I think she can get back into the top 8 this year, but I don't think it will already happen during the claycourt season. I don't think it's fair to put the blame for Caroline's disappointing results entirely on Piotr though. He was after all also her coach when she was #1, so he can't be as bad a coach as some make him out to be.
O No I don't put the blame on him at all I just think he has help her as much as he could & he done a very great job but I think it time for another voice too show her what going wrong or what show can too to improve or help her in the long run but all in all Piotr done good with her I just love too see her take it too the next level kinda like Aggie has done

Closed Thread