Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 12 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 8th, 2013, 07:12 PM   #166
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

I miss the Caro that used to win all the time - title after title. And the Caro who used to be so mentally tough and hardly ever gifted any free points away. I loved how Caro hung in there to win her match in the 2009 USO match against Sveta. I fear the Caro today would have been blown away in 2 easy sets by Sveta then - except that very doubtful she wouldt haave made it that far to play her.

I miss the Caro up to mid 2011

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 8th, 2013, 07:21 PM   #167
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Caro had 20 winners 35 unforced errors for the match.
She has become an UE machine. And so inconsistent. Even Kuznetsova is more consistent

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 07:25 PM   #168
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
I miss the Caro that used to win all the time - title after title. And the Caro who used to be so mentally tough and hardly ever gifted any free points away. I loved how Caro hung in there to win her match in the 2009 USO match against Sveta. I fear the Caro today would have been blown away in 2 easy sets by Sveta then - except that very doubtful she wouldt haave made it that far to play her.

Exactly what I think

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 07:51 PM   #169
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post

yes, me too! But what I'm more worried about is that we may never see that Caro again!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 08:59 PM   #170
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
yes, me too! But what I'm more worried about is that we may never see that Caro again!
I dont think we will ever see the super steady Caroline again.
But I believe the mental part of this sport is huge. If Caroline has the mental toughness of a great champion, she will figure out a way to cycle back to the top. If not, then she had a great 2 years
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 09:17 PM   #171
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

SHe need too find the balance of when too play more offensive & defensive but the thing is when she get into defensive mode it hard too get her outta that phrase, she don't trust her Offensive game and don't really start playing more aggressive until she lost a set, or about too lose the match, she need too have it in her head too start too the match off being aggressive

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 09:35 PM   #172
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Goldenlox offers a decent hypothesis that Caro's dad unintentionally made her weaker,mentally,by deconstructing her game.It's a fairly reliable rule of psychology that weak people don't become strong(unless they learn how to adapt to stress by undergoing and surviving some sort of major trial),and the opposite is also true.Strong people don't transform into weaklings barring some huge trauma that would break most individuals.....This case would be somewhat different yet we'd have someone that Caro trusts--and lets her guard down to--telling her to re-think everything that she'd followed and believed in...and having that lead to some ugly results.Fortunately,the tennis decline hasn't destabilized Caro as a PERSON,but she appears to have lost tons of confidence on court

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Opening Soon: The Allaster-Stubbs-Amanmuradova Academy of Feminine Grace and Charm
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 10:57 PM   #173
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
This case would be somewhat different yet we'd have someone that Caro trusts--and lets her guard down to--telling her to re-think everything that she'd followed and believed in...and having that lead to some ugly results.
Are you talking about Matt Cronin and those cronies?

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 11:06 PM   #174
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Are you talking about Matt Cronin and those cronies?
No,Caroline would never let 'outsiders'--especially those with questionable credibility like Serb-horny Cronin--dictate to her.I'm considering the premise that PIOTR,with good intentions,encouraged the overly-aggressive changes to her game...and now she doesn't trust herself at critical junctures b/c she has lost her more-defensive foundation that led her to previous success........Let's be clear that this is merely a hypothesis and I'm not claiming omniscience on why Caroline's internal confidence seems to have failed

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Opening Soon: The Allaster-Stubbs-Amanmuradova Academy of Feminine Grace and Charm
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 11:43 PM   #175
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
I'm considering the premise that PIOTR,with good intentions,encouraged the overly-aggressive changes to her game...
That would go directly against comments made over the 15 years or so .. He favours the stable development, adding on, bit by bit ... Unless of course it's all just been one big scam and he secretly wants Caro to be a BBB and that was his evil plan from the time she was 9!

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 11:59 PM   #176
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That would go directly against comments made over the 15 years or so .. He favours the stable development, adding on, bit by bit ... Unless of course it's all just been one big scam and he secretly wants Caro to be a BBB and that was his evil plan from the time she was 9!
Whoever was the main coach between summer of 2011 and now had to be involved in this form drop off. Had to. Thats part of being a coach, keep your player's game from falling apart
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 02:19 AM   #177
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
As you indicate in the first portion of your post,what's happened recently has been a clear departure from how Caroline had been developed previously.Although you are correct that Caro makes the final decisions,it's totally unrealistic to suggest that Piotr wasn't consulted prior to the departure from the previous norm and,to some degree at least,he co-signed on the change(as Goldenlox touches on above).

Based on what we've seen from the relationship,if Piotr HAD totally disagreed with the move,he likely would've told Caroline that he still loved and supported her wholeheartedly,but could not take part in something that he felt was harmful to her career...yet would be there with open arms whenever she felt ready to return to the original course he had laid for her.

'Betrayal' is way too strong of a word to use here,but it gives a roundabout generalization of what may have happened within Caroline: She was brought up to follow the course that you refer to above...only to have the person she trusted most--who had designed that course for her--encourage her to stray from it...leading to often-disastrous results.Can we agree that she is so very unsure of herself now on court...as if she didn't know what to believe in??

Old Jan 9th, 2013, 03:36 AM   #178
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Whoever was the main coach between summer of 2011 and now had to be involved in this form drop off. Had to. Thats part of being a coach, keep your player's game from falling apart
A head coach of a pro sports team whose team had disappointing to poor results over a couple of years would likely find themselves on the hot seat and in danger of being fired.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 03:39 AM   #179
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rucolo View Post
She has become an UE machine. And so inconsistent. Even Kuznetsova is more consistent
Large numbers of these errors aren't even coming when she's going for her shots. That makes it worse.

Errors from going from her shots are more understandable/ok than just missing on routine shots.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 04:12 AM   #180
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
A head coach of a pro sports team whose team had disappointing to poor results over a couple of years would likely find themselves on the hot seat and in danger of being fired.
Caro is so different than one of her Adidas teammates;one can barely go a year without firing a coach(with an aggressive misinformation campaign whereby she pretends to be sweet and angelic),and the other will play for only one coach on the planet

Closed Thread