Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 115 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Apr 6th, 2013, 03:31 AM   #1711
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Her Serve for sure need Improve I don't know who in control all that but they really need too start working on alot thing with her game that could improve such as Her FH & Volley as well.

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 6th, 2013, 03:35 AM   #1712
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Folks,you might not wanna hear this again(I promise that it won't be more than once per tournament),but there's a problem with the whole tennis SUBCULTURE,and it seems to affects the players' mindsets...and it DEFINITELY limits the growth and popularity of tennis amongst casual fans who could very easily get hooked on the sport,otherwise

Stacy Allaster is an enabler of a sporting culture that coddles bullshitters,underachievers and excuse makers(can't speak for the ATP in that regard).I imagined a scenario where Cowboys QB Tony Romo threw 5 interceptions against a team with a weak defense...throws that were completely off target and sailed right into the defenders' arms...even though there were no rushers pressuring Romo in the passing pocket.If Romo failed to own up to his shit performance...if he opened the post-game presser with,"Well,they have a great defense and really played incredibly today;there wasn't much I could do differently..."(that wasn't any attack on the Pokes;it was just a hypothetical example)

If Romo said something like that--under THOSe circumstances--he'd not only lose the respect of his teammates,coaches and the team's fans(who'd all be furious),he'd ALSO lose the respect of all his opponents and the REST of the league's fans.The NFL P.R. team would stop using his image for promotional material if he made a habit of such B.S.,because that would make the entire league look bad since fans knew that he was a joke...there would be no Allaster-led P.R. dipshits offering alibis("oh,poor Tony had a serious muscle tear in his armpit...").Further,ex-player/commentators would call him out for being such a disgrace to the sport...he'd barely get any endorsement offers at all

Allaster leads a sporting subculture which encourages underachievers that they can tank,fake or exaggerate injuries,fail to stay in shape and coast off of past accomplishments....ESPECIALLY if they're pretty in the face.Why should lazy players try hard when they see that they'll still get great promo exposure,and probably more endorsement offers,even when they make almost zero effort??(The asswipe/enabler commentators bare lots of blame here,too).I guarantee all of you that there are fans of blue-collar sports who would enjoy tennis much more if it weren't for the preponderance of the Snivelling Whiner Element.With all of the beauties in the WTA,it's VERY marketable to even casual male sports fans...yet tennis alienates hard-working people with all of the spoiled,pampered brats who put forth minimum effort and then look for the next photo shoot.....To some degree,it even affects CARO's attitude;even though she maintains sound physical fitness,she just about can't help but be influenced by all of the weak justifications she overhears from her WTA peers: "If THEY can do it,why shouldn't I?"

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 03:36 AM   #1713
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

So her event is Porsche Tennis Grand Prix, meaning she have a whole 2 next off till that event comes, hopefully she train till then.

I look on her website and she don't have BGL BNP Paribas Luxembourg Open on her schedule no more

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu

Last edited by Trey : Apr 6th, 2013 at 03:52 AM.
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 03:41 AM   #1714
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
So her event is Porsche Tennis Grand Prix, meaning she have a whole 2 next off till that event comes, hopefully she train till then.
I doubt it, she is attending The Masters next week to watch Rory. In response to your previous post, Caro has to want change though, she needs to realise there are problems that need fixing, she has to be motivated to sort out her game.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 03:45 AM   #1715
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Honestly and from the bottom of my heart: I really feel for you guys seeing how much you still care, only to deal with this shit week in and week out. I just can't anymore, her decisions have angered me too much, following her became a chore that dragged me down and sucked the fun out of watching tennis.

Frankly, she doesn't deserve to have such fans anymore, not with her attitude. If she doesn't care, why should you? It's not her results but the mindset that is so incredibly frustrating. I really hope it doesn't get any worse...not for her sake but for you guys.

Edit: That I'm getting bad repped for this posting is so incredibly sad... jesus.
I think success came easy for her. If she wants anywhere near that level of success again, she will have to work harder than she used to.
I wonder if she is capable of it.
This is not unusual. Its the same for Jankovic & Ivanovic. You have to really, really want it, to be successful long term. Its always easier to get there than to stay there.
This loss to Voegele, even last week to Muguruza, are not as bad as the loss to Pervak up a set. That showed her offseason wasnt about improving her tennis. She came into 2013 far behind where she ended 2012.
No reason to expect a good clay season ahead, just like last year.
She is going to have to accept that her current focus and practice sessions are not good enough. And that her offseasons have to be much more focused and better organized.
But very few players make that sacrifice.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 03:49 AM   #1716
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Folks,you might not wanna hear this again(I promise that it won't be more than once per tournament),but there's a problem with the whole tennis SUBCULTURE,and it seems to affects the players' mindsets...and it DEFINITELY limits the growth and popularity of tennis amongst casual fans who could very easily get hooked on the sport,otherwise

Allaster leads a sporting subculture which encourages underachievers that they can tank,fake or exaggerate injuries,fail to stay in shape and coast off of past accomplishments....ESPECIALLY if they're pretty in the face.Why should lazy players try hard when they see that they'll still get great promo exposure,and probably more endorsement offers,even when they make almost zero effort??(The asswipe/enabler commentators bare lots of blame here,too).I guarantee all of you that there are fans of blue-collar sports who would enjoy tennis much more if it weren't for the preponderance of the Snivelling Whiner Element.With all of the beauties in the WTA,it's VERY marketable to even casual male sports fans...yet tennis alienates hard-working people with all of the spoiled,pampered brats who put forth minimum effort and then look for the next photo shoot.....To some degree,it even affects CARO's attitude;even though she maintains sound physical fitness,she just about can't help but be influenced by all of the weak justifications she overhears from her WTA peers: "If THEY can do it,why shouldn't I?"
Isn't the key to this that the majority of people who succeed at the top don't do this, they are super motivated to win. They have that burning desire to win tennis matches.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 03:58 AM   #1717
country flag Trey

I just really hoping she find a way too move up the ranking this year too at least 5-6. But the way she playing not looking so good. I hope she realise like ozza said that she need too improve her her game & a coach is needed too her it be sad not too see her fulfil potential

Old Apr 6th, 2013, 03:58 AM   #1718
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Isn't the key to this that the majority of people who succeed at the top don't do this, they are super motivated to win. They have that burning desire to win tennis matches.
Yes,I agree,and the WTA wastes loads of player talent,IMO,by telling then that they don't NEED to try hard.If you're pretty and act politely in public,we'll give you the same exposure,or MORE,than a multiple Slam champion gets.Do you like tanking matches??Don't worry;we'll corroborate the asinine injury alibis you invent afterwards,even though only a MORON would believe them.I don't think that Caro will ever become one of the 'worst of the worst',but she's starting to copy their words in her pressers

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 04:03 AM   #1719
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Her Serve for sure need Improve I don't know who in control all that but they really need too start working on alot thing with her game that could improve such as Her FH & Volley as well.
She held serve once in the last hour of the match. Its not just Caro. Her team is not good enough. Its no secret what she has to work on. I think her dad, and everyone involved with her training is a part of the current problem.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 04:07 AM   #1720
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
Her best serve was when working with Sven from the ADPDP. Again don't judge a school based on what AI can't learn. Piotr just repeats what the coaches show Caro. SJ attempted to fix what had unraveled since the stick switch with so so results.
This would be more compelling if Caro weren't working with APDP right now on her serve--or had only been doing so for a short time recently.I was under the impression that she HAD been working with them for a while now.If that's true,then 'Ozza' is correct;past accomplishments mean little when APDP is being mostly ineffective with Caro's current service.I imagine that they're getting paid generously,too,even when producing crap results.If I'm mistaken about the facts of the case(i.e.,how long Caro and APDP have been training in this area),then I'll humbly stand your correction,sir

Old Apr 6th, 2013, 04:14 AM   #1721
country flag Trey

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
She held serve once in the last hour of the match. Its not just Caro. Her team is not good enough. Its no secret what she has to work on. I think her dad, and everyone involved with her training is a part of the current problem.

like i said in my post before that Caro has too understand & ope her eyes that her dad has got her as far as he could & he did a great job don't get me wrong but it time for someone else too take the role has being her coach and helping her she needs too see that need too improve on things that can help her big time. & I know there many Great Coaches that would love too Coach Caro but it her trust issue she so gotta get over that

Old Apr 6th, 2013, 05:46 AM   #1722
country flag bruce goose

One last comment on the service game: I'm not expecting Caroline to serve 125 mph bullets or even have it as a strength,but it's hardly too much to ask that the serve be functional.Having it be such a pathetic,glaring weakness is beneath her tennis ability,and it almost belies any claim at striving to get better

Old Apr 6th, 2013, 06:16 AM   #1723
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

I just woke up and saw the score...no words can describe my feeling now, mostly because the level of her serve dropped like temperatures in January the longest the match was going...I know clay isn't her best surface and she reached that QF without any match practice -as Soler doesn't count as a match-, whilst Steffi is playing her best tennis and came through some very big matches out there...yet this is a very worrying loss.

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 06:37 AM   #1724
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitten Kitten View Post
I just woke up and saw the score...no words can describe my feeling now, mostly because the level of her serve dropped like temperatures in January the longest the match was going...I know clay isn't her best surface and she reached that QF without any match practice -as Soler doesn't count as a match-, whilst Steffi is playing her best tennis and came through some very big matches out there...yet this is a very worrying loss.
Green clay's been a pretty good surface for her unlike red clay.

I think everybody else in the top 10 if they were healthy with the possible exception of Kvitova would beat Voegele.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 06:47 AM   #1725
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Green clay's been a pretty good surface for her unlike red clay.

I think everybody else in the top 10 if they were healthy with the possible exception of Kvitova would beat Voegele.
that was true, though considering the awkward way she moved against Soler and how her FH was useless even in that match, I had my fears about this match.

In any case, this was a very bad loss, for all the reason I've said already, because from what I've heard (thanfully I slept instead of watching this) and seen from stats, her ground game worked pretty well in the complexity...just meaning she was un-effective on the key points, which WAS the way she won matches and was world n°1...
her serve is abysmal and her attitude too, she doesn't scare anyone on the other side of the net and she doesn't seem to be particularly bothered by her uneffective tennis and results....as for now I really hope she gets a horrible rest of 2013...I think only being unable to win any tournament and finishing outside of top 15 might ring a bell and test her true will to be a tennis player. Even that might not be as effective though and considering the status of WTA it's very unlikely for her to drop that much, even if her current status

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread