Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 114 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Apr 6th, 2013, 01:39 AM   #1696
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Perhaps we'll just have to face the fact that her days as a top player are over. This has been going on for much, much too long to just call it a slump. This is and probably will be her normal level for the rest of her career. If we're Lucky, that is. There will still be the occasional good run, a win over a top 10 player every now and then to get our hopes up, but I don't think she's any better than she was in 2012, in fact I think she's getting worse.
I was actually thinking that she's now playing worse than she did in 2008, where she finished the year as #12. Her tennis career looks like a tech stock over the millennium and we're now just waiting for the inevitable delisting.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 6th, 2013, 01:44 AM   #1697
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverforget View Post
This so sad.
More than sad, it's starting to become boring for me. Granted she has played way worse, but her tennis is so uninspiring these days. Struggling to hold serve every match and making a mess of easy matches. It's so tiring to watch her play.
Her only highlight this season has been the Kerber match and that's about it.
Now clay and grass, someone kill me!

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 01:47 AM   #1698
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly and from the bottom of my heart: I really feel for you guys seeing how much you still care, only to deal with this shit week in and week out. I just can't anymore, her decisions have angered me too much, following her became a chore that dragged me down and sucked the fun out of watching tennis.

Frankly, she doesn't deserve to have such fans anymore, not with her attitude. If she doesn't care, why should you? It's not her results but the mindset that is so incredibly frustrating. I really hope it doesn't get any worse...not for her sake but for you guys.

Edit: That I'm getting bad repped for this posting is so incredibly sad... jesus.

My Tennis Photo Database

Last edited by Jimmie48 : Apr 6th, 2013 at 01:58 AM.
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 01:55 AM   #1699
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Honestly and from the bottom of my heart: I really feel for you guys seeing how much you still care, only to deal with this shit week in and week out. I just can't anymore, her decisions have angered me too much, following her became a chore that dragged me down and sucked the fun out of watching tennis.

Frankly, she doesn't deserve to have such fans anymore, not with her attitude. If she doesn't care, why should you? It's not her results but the mindset that is so incredibly frustrating. I really hope it doesn't get any worse...not for her sake but for you guys.
I hope it doesn't get any worse neither but she need too get it through her head her dad has taken her as far as he could and she need a coach, I think the two coaches she had last year where not the best picks, I think she need a coach like Michael Mortensen, Thomas Hogstedt, Brad Gilbert, Heinz Gunthardt. Also she getting too old not too trust no one else beside her dad, & To me it be a shame for her too retire without a slam & not fulfil potential or try not too improve her game

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 02:24 AM   #1700
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Really can't add anything profound to what's been posted,except for a factual observation--which is that Caroline's service results haven't shown ANY notable signs of improvement since she started spending more time with APDP.Perhaps she hasn't even been working on it with them but,whatever the case,they are inadequate to the task of improving Caro's pathetic serving.

Haven't heard her comment on how she's approaching that issue(if AT ALL);however,if she takes the attitude that Daddy is sufficient for ALL efforts to improve,then that's pure foolishness and,most likely,weak emotional overdependence.If Caro drops out of the Top 15 by year's end,and makes ZERO attempt to hire a service coach with a solid track record,I'll still be her fan yet with a lot less enthusiasm...and with FAR less time spent following her

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 02:26 AM   #1701
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Beyond The Baseline ‏@SI_BTBaseline
Wozniacki: "I played a player who didn't have anything to lose, so she just went for it and it went her way." #FCC2013

I know Caro always says something along these lines, but I sometimes wish she'd at least acknowledge there are problems in her game. The "my opponent was too good today" line is stretching pretty thin when you are continually losing to players ranked outside the top 60.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 02:28 AM   #1702
country flag KleineBiere

KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute

10 losses against players outside the top 60 (2008-2012). 6 in 2013

worst miami result, worst charleston result...
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 02:32 AM   #1703
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Beyond The Baseline ‏@SI_BTBaseline
Wozniacki: "I played a player who didn't have anything to lose, so she just went for it and it went her way." #FCC2013

I know Caro always says something along these lines, but I sometimes wish she'd at least acknowledge there are problems in her game. The "my opponent was too good today" line is stretching pretty thin when you are continually losing to players ranked outside the top 60.
I Fully & totally agree I know she just recent talk about her dad being her coach for good but I hope this snap through her head and she soon see that she need a better coach I really i like too she her fulfill her potential it be a shame if she doesn't & not even try too improve

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 02:37 AM   #1704
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Really can't add anything profound to what's been posted,except for a factual observation--which is that Caroline's service results haven't shown ANY notable signs of improvement since she started spending more time with APDP.Perhaps she hasn't even been working on it with them but,whatever the case,they are inadequate to the task of improving Caro's pathetic serving.

Haven't heard her comment on how she's approaching that issue(if AT ALL);however,if she takes the attitude that Daddy is sufficient for ALL efforts to improve,then that's pure foolishness and,most likely,weak emotional overdependence.If Caro drops out of the Top 15 by year's end,and makes ZERO attempt to hire a service coach with a solid track record,I'll still be her fan yet with a lot less enthusiasm...and with FAR less time spent following her
I think there should be some perspective kept. Caro is still highly unlikely top drop out of the top 15 by the end of the year. The worry is she's plateaued at the bottom end of top 10, and just making no real inroads (and no going up a couple of places in the rankings isn't necessarily inroads).

The coaching situation is correct, whoever is in charge of technically improving Caro's game is simply not doing a good enough job. No matter what people try to come up with to mask the situation, the facts are you have a player at 22 years old who hasn't improved their game technically in over 2 years.
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 02:41 AM   #1705
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
And when you hear it regularly,that's one of the signs of a player who's starting to QUIT on her career(no need to name names,cuz we've seen plenty who regurgitate those tired cliches).Because of her sound physical fitness,I'd like to think that Caro hasn't sunk down that far yet.Like I've said,we'll know for sure by year's end just how determined she is or isn't.

A winning athlete is ACCOUNTABLE for his/her actions,giving courteous respect to a victorious opponent yet acknowledging when his/her own performance is inadequate.Right now,Caroline's 'Accountability Rating' is well below where it should be,IMO

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 02:46 AM   #1706
country flag Trey

Maybe this is not the best idea but since she don't wanna coach through I still think she need one, maybe she should enter an Tennis Academy

Old Apr 6th, 2013, 03:00 AM   #1707
country flag ozza

Quote:
A winning athlete is ACCOUNTABLE for his/her actions,giving courteous respect to a victorious opponent yet acknowledging when his/her own performance is inadequate.Right now,Caroline's 'Accountability Rating' is well below where it should be,IMO
Yes it reaches a point where we need to do away with the "my opponent was on fire", and look at your own flaws. Stop trying to paper the cracks, and delude yourself that it was just some freak rare occurrence. Fact is of the 6 players ranked outside the top 60 to have beaten Caro this year, only Pervak won the match after. These are players that aren't even close to winning the title, Caro should be beating these players comfortably, the thought of losing shouldn't even be entering her fans minds.
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 03:13 AM   #1708
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Perhaps we'll just have to face the fact that her days as a top player are over. This has been going on for much, much too long to just call it a slump. This is and probably will be her normal level for the rest of her career. If we're Lucky, that is. There will still be the occasional good run, a win over a top 10 player every now and then to get our hopes up, but I don't think she's any better than she was in 2012, in fact I think she's getting worse.
There is a degree of this. I think those limitations become harder to swallow though if you believe the player is capable of more and is not maximising their potential. Your game is not meant to stand still at 22 years old (and I am being generous using that term). Look how much ground Caro has lost on her peers, she led her generation 2 years ago, now she's pretty much the forgotten member. The questions used to be about Caro winning grand slams, now its moved on to Aga, Caro isn't even mentioned anymore.
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 03:14 AM   #1709
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Her best serve was when working with Sven from the ADPDP. Again don't judge a school based on what AI can't learn. Piotr just repeats what the coaches show Caro. SJ attempted to fix what had unraveled since the stick switch with so so results.
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 03:26 AM   #1710
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
Her best serve was when working with Sven from the ADPDP. Again don't judge a school based on what AI can't learn. Piotr just repeats what the coaches show Caro. SJ attempted to fix what had unraveled since the stick switch with so so results.
Just because you had something working once doesn't mean it will always work though. Whoever is in control right now, they are not exactly achieving any desired on court results (and I mean in her game, not in actual match results).
Closed Thread