Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 109 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 11:11 PM   #1621
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Yeah I agree I think she need a new coach, I think she will start too trust in other coach question is when, I just hope she don't take as long as Bartoli But Yeah I think she will move on and get a new coach beside her dad, I also think if & when she does get an coach the best coach she should get Heinz Gunthardt or Brad Gilbert

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 11:21 PM   #1622
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
This post would make sense if her game was in good condition. Your 4th paragraph is what I think is people's point. Caro's tennis strokes have not improved in years (they've arguably declined). The only logical reason for that being the case can be down to her training schedule/not working on the right things. Your tennis strokes are not meant to decline at 22 years old.
Read again, There are a multitude of reason for setbacks posted here, from the switch, mobility, technical changes, to tactical focus and confusion. Fitness and mobility are the cornerstone of her game and can't be compromised if she is to stand any chance at all. Caro has a huge variety, (you might not see it on court always but the repertoire is there) and every opponent gets their own game plan. Making changes is a calculated risk, but a risk all the same, often with domino consequences.
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 11:22 PM   #1623
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

It's a shame MM doesn't like travelling. He could be good for her, I feel.
backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 11:29 PM   #1624
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
Read again, There are a multitude of reason for setbacks posted here, from the switch, mobility, technical changes, to tactical focus and confusion. Fitness and mobility are the cornerstone of her game and can't be compromised if she is to stand any chance at all. Caro has a huge variety, (you might not see it on court always but the repertoire is there) and every opponent gets their own game plan. Making changes is a calculated risk, but a risk all the same, often with domino consequences.
All bar mobility (if you are relating to injuries) of those reasons are preparation related.
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 11:37 PM   #1625
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Caro had no adversity. Sharapova & Serena were in hospitals for months, wondering if they could ever play again.
Changing rackets or strings, or some slight technique modification is normal for tennis players.
I said this before, Maria changed her service motion just to get back on the tour. She couldnt move her arm the way she used to, had to try something she had never done.
If Caro slightly changed her forehand, thats not a reason to go from holding 9 titles (5 tier I's) to 2 titles in 18 months and counting (no Tier I), and no sign of any title coming on clay or grass, or the US Open series premiers, which should have the whole YEC group in those draws
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 12:01 AM   #1626
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
All bar mobility (if you are relating to injuries) of those reasons are preparation related.
They are all interrelated with cause and effect. With a defensive game mobility is the absolute highest priority. What good is a technically perfect forehand if you're in the wrong place to hit one? Her mobility is getting back to where is was, which greatly improves her shot making choices. The issue now is getting the consistent depth and variety out of that Yonex. Without that she will always be on the back foot rendering the discussion moot again. It's obvious she can't find a balance of power and control with it at the moment, and rest assured that any changes you see in her stokes in six months time, she will have started working on six months ago. She doesn't bring new things to the court before she is 100% on top of them, which together with the continual tension changes suggests problems with the stick or plans afoot. Anyone who thinks she isn't spending enough time on technical preperation really doesn't have a grasp of the training she does. Ask Manix.dk .

Above all, the shots we haven't seen with the Yonex strongly suggest issues, and no, time dosen't change a low reving diesel into a high reving V12.
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 12:14 AM   #1627
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
They are all interrelated with cause and effect. With a defensive game mobility is the absolute highest priority. What good is a technically perfect forehand if you're in the wrong place to hit one? Her mobility is getting back to where is was, which greatly improves her shot making choices. The issue now is getting the consistent depth and variety out of that Yonex. Without that she will always be on the back foot rendering the discussion moot again. It's obvious she can't find a balance of power and control with it at the moment, and rest assured that any changes you see in her stokes in six months time, she will have started working on six months ago. She doesn't bring new things to the court before she is 100% on top of them, which together with the continual tension changes suggests problems with the stick or plans afoot. Anyone who thinks she isn't spending enough time on technical preperation really doesn't have a grasp of the training she does. Ask Manix.dk .

Above all, the shots we haven't seen with the Yonex strongly suggest issues, and no, time dosen't change a low reving diesel into a high reving V12.
It's all opinions at the end of the day. What is absolute 100% fact though is she has been under performing for nearly 2 years. Something, somewhere is going very wrong.

Your questions also could be turned the other way. What good is being fast, if you are missing the shot, or dropping it short at the end of it? There has to be a balance.

If your last analogy is true, whereby your effectively saying the racket will never be good enough, then she has to be forceful enough to force a change.
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 12:21 AM   #1628
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

If the racket is stopping her, then Caro definately needs a sports psychiatrist. She can change rackets any time. Lot of players change companies, even during a contract. If you find something better, you pay the financial penalty and change to the racket you want. Or tape up the new racket so you cant tell what brand it is.
I tend to think its not the racket because she ended last year okay with it.
That she started this year so much more slowly than she ended 2012... That, (to me), is a much bigger issue, another sign she probably needs psychiatric help, or some kind of motivational help.

Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 03:07 AM   #1629
country flag goldenlox

If we were talking about a slight change, I could understand a discussion of rackets or fitness.
She used to win half her tournaments! No one else won anything above Tier 2 except Caro & Kim for 9 months! Caroline won 5 Tier I's in a row.
Kim was getting old then. So now Serena came back and took Kim's place. That doesnt explain where Caro is now. Neither does the improvement of Maria & Vika. Caro still hasnt played Vika since 2010, so Vika hasnt been a problem for Caro. She cant get to Vika, besides this IW

This dropoff is huge, and its been 2 years now. Its way past any normal setback. Its a different career path now. Same as Jankovic. Its not the same career as going to Charleston 2011

Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 03:47 AM   #1630
country flag PMBH

PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
That she started this year so much more slowly than she ended 2012... That, (to me), is a much bigger issue, another sign she probably needs psychiatric help, or some kind of motivational help.
I still think Caro's start to 2013 has been at least on par with her start to 2012. This year she has played very well in Doha, Dubai and IW, whereas Miami (incl. the win against Serena) arguably was her only strong performance in the first half of 2012.

It's true she ended 2012 on a good note with the Moscow title and wins against Li Na and Stosur. But the level of her play was no better than now and her performances was just as inconsistent. I think this is what we can expect from Caro in the future. 1-2 good tournaments followed by a bad tournament. But hopefully she'll manage to go a bit deeper in the good tournaments...
PMBH is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 05:32 AM   #1631
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Even though she faces a fairly uninspiring opponent,I'd like to see Caroline take some initiative tomorrow with a dominant performance

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Don't you just love it when someone rambles aimlessly for 5 minutes and then says, "To make a long story short"?
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 07:25 AM   #1632
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Wasn't trying to nitpick,though,because your post was pretty good,and I tend to agree that Caro will be viewed as a disappointment,overall,if she fails to win a Slam after having been ranked #1 for so long
Winning a slam sounds extremely unlikely to me at this point. Even when she was number one I never considered her the top favorite at slams, not even at the hardcourt slams, but at least she was in the mix which meant that winning one sooner or later was not impossible. But now she has (narrowly) made the second week just once in the last four slams she has played with two first round losses. That's not the record of someone who can realistically hope to win one. The only positive is that things can only get better.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 07:37 AM   #1633
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
The only positive is that things can only get better.
Well,my friend,as any former or current AI fan could tell you,things can always get WORSE...sometimes,even in absurd,previously-unimaginable ways.Fortunately,Caroline doesn't have the negative personality traits that often yield to such embarrassing slides.

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Don't you just love it when someone rambles aimlessly for 5 minutes and then says, "To make a long story short"?
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 07:45 AM   #1634
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
I'm pretty nervous about these types of suggestions although more by posts from other posters rather than this one. The ones that say she needs to spend time on tennis and not on her fitness.
But that's not what I said. I was only talking about the amount of time she spends on each and suggested that it might be better to put a bit more of an emphasis on her weaknesses. It doesn' mean that she should ignore the fitness aspect.

I agree with your point you made in relation to Jelena Jankovic about bulking up though. That alweys seems rather pointless to me. They don't come any skinnier than Ivanovic but yet she has one of the heaviest forehands in the game. Yesterday I saw the match from this Italian girl called Camila Giorgi against Serena. Well, she has the physique of Twiggy but hits the ball on her forehand side harder than Serena.
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 07:49 AM   #1635
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Well,my friend,as any former or current AI fan could tell you,things can always get WORSE...
Sure, they can get worse overall. But as far as her slam results are concerned it's hard to do any worse than she has done last year in the next three slams.
Closed Thread