Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 104 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Apr 1st, 2013, 05:58 PM   #1546
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Yes, hardly leaves you feeling inspired going into the clay season does it. She will have at best a weeks practice on clay going into Stuttgart.
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 1st, 2013, 05:59 PM   #1547
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Ugh. Apparently tennis tournaments are something to be scheduled in between watching golf and exhibition matches.

Wozniacki said part of her motivation to play Charleston was that she's hanging around this region to watch Rory at the Masters.

https://twitter.com/BenRothenberg/st...79416807362560

While her competitors are training hard on red clay, Caro will be busy watching golf.
Yeah, maybe Rory is the problem with her career. They started dating when she fell apart.
If this is how she picks tournaments, then Rory's a big problem. Actually, Caro's mental focus & desire is the problem. Rory is just part of that
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 1st, 2013, 07:15 PM   #1548
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

^ I am surprised anyone is surprised ... Should I find my comment as of 2 weeks ago?

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 1st, 2013, 08:04 PM   #1549
country flag sweetadri06

sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe Caroline is content to stay at this level for the rest of her career? I mean sure she isn't making slam finals like she used to but she is still atleast a top 10 player making good money. She was number one in the world, has 19 titles to her name. It's a good life.I'm confident that she has one more peak form inside her before she retires.
Old Apr 1st, 2013, 08:26 PM   #1550
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

With all due respect,folks,that's what some guy named Ben Rothenberg--whoever the f--k THAT's supposed to be--claims that Caro said.Now I'm not saying that she couldn't possibly have tweeted that,but does anyone have the original tweet(?)...just to confirm that her words weren't taken out of context

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Opening Soon: The Allaster-Stubbs-Amanmuradova Academy of Feminine Grace and Charm
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 1st, 2013, 08:32 PM   #1551
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
With all due respect,folks,that's what some guy named Ben Rothenberg--whoever the f--k THAT's supposed to be--claims that Caro said.Now I'm not saying that she couldn't possibly have tweeted that,but does anyone have the original tweet(?)...just to confirm that her words weren't taken out of context
It's not from a tweet. She said it during an interview at WTA All-Access Hour in Charleston.

She also said something along the lines of "for me tennis is not about the power but taking advantage of the other players' power." Interesting when you consider it's that part of her game which lets her down the most right now.
Old Apr 1st, 2013, 08:53 PM   #1552
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
It's not from a tweet. She said it during an interview at WTA All-Access Hour in Charleston.

She also said something along the lines of "for me tennis is not about the power but taking advantage of the other players' power." Interesting when you consider it's that part of her game which lets her down the most right now.
Thank you for the reply,but that still doesn't tell me what Caro's exact words were.For all we know,that American prick runs a tag-team blow job service with Matt Cronin.Caroline played the now-defunct Amelia Island in 2008--held at almost the same,precise week--before the Charleston tourney existed,and then she played Charleston from 2009 thru 2011,only skipping it last year,most likely,because Copenhagen,her home tourney,was held starting April 9th.

Not very good evidence that Caro NEVER plays Charleston...and only did so to follow Rory.If she just said something like Charleston offering the side benefit of getting to see Rory(as opposed to Rory being a deciding factor),then I've got some Camargo sausage that Ben can practice swallowing...he'd probably enjoy THAT

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Opening Soon: The Allaster-Stubbs-Amanmuradova Academy of Feminine Grace and Charm
Old Apr 1st, 2013, 09:06 PM   #1553
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetadri06 View Post
Maybe Caroline is content to stay at this level for the rest of her career? I mean sure she isn't making slam finals like she used to but she is still atleast a top 10 player making good money. She was number one in the world, has 19 titles to her name. It's a good life.I'm confident that she has one more peak form inside her before she retires.
20 titles. But yes, it's possible that she likes where she is at. She doesn't get bashed as much for being a top 10 player than for being #1. At the same time top 10 is still good enough to be considered a top player and combined with her being a former #1, her likable personality and good looks plus her relationship with Rory she's still a celebrity. Not a bad position to be in. I hope that she doesn't see it that way though. I have no problem with her being #10 or even #20 if that's the best she can do. But I don't like the idea of her settling for that without giving it all she's got.

Thank you LI NA
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 1st, 2013, 09:14 PM   #1554
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Ugh. Apparently tennis tournaments are something to be scheduled in between watching golf and exhibition matches.

Wozniacki said part of her motivation to play Charleston was that she's hanging around this region to watch Rory at the Masters.

https://twitter.com/BenRothenberg/st...79416807362560

While her competitors are training hard on red clay, Caro will be busy watching golf.
It doesn't matter to me if that's part of her motivations so long as it's only part of her motivation and she's 100% motivated to play well and really make an effort to win it. After a bad tournament in Miami - the very best tonic for her would be to win Charleston. It will be very bad if she doesn't do well there and loses early - but I'd like her to get some consistency back in which there was some improvement until the Miami setback.

If she goes into the red clay season off the back of a good tournament - I'm all for it.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 1st, 2013, 09:37 PM   #1555
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
20 titles. But yes, it's possible that she likes where she is at. She doesn't get bashed as much for being a top 10 player than for being #1. At the same time top 10 is still good enough to be considered a top player and combined with her being a former #1, her likable personality and good looks plus her relationship with Rory she's still a celebrity. Not a bad position to be in. I hope that she doesn't see it that way though. I have no problem with her being #10 or even #20 if that's the best she can do. But I don't like the idea of her settling for that without giving it all she's got.
The problem is if she really does think like that it you won't stay top 10 forever, you will slowly drift down the rankings. It may appear time is on her side, but it really isn't. She may have halted her slide down the rankings, but she doesn't seem to have halted the distance between herself and the players she should be targeting in the rankings, she seems as far away from those as she ever has.
Old Apr 1st, 2013, 09:51 PM   #1556
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
It doesn't matter to me if that's part of her motivations so long as it's only part of her motivation and she's 100% motivated to play well and really make an effort to win it.
Yeah,why WOULDN'T any same person derive some degree of motivation from being near the person that he/she loved?As I pointed out,Caroline has played Charleston every year except one,2012,and if she HAD played it and rushed off to Copenhagen,that would've been 6 straight weeks of tennis w/o rest...a true suicide schedule.

I'm still waiting to see what Caro's exact words were;it seems like that Rothenberg guy was trying to incite some crap,but just MAYBE he didn't realize the negative perception he'd create

Old Apr 1st, 2013, 09:53 PM   #1557
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
The problem is if she really does think like that it you won't stay top 10 forever, you will slowly drift down the rankings. It may appear time is on her side, but it really isn't. She may have halted her slide down the rankings, but she doesn't seem to have halted the distance between herself and the players she should be targeting in the rankings, she seems as far away from those as she ever has.
Nope. The time to improve (if she can) is now, not next year or the year thereafter. The longer it takes before she makes her move the harder it will be. And she doesn't just have to worry about those in front of her but also about the youngsters coming up from behind. A few years from now the likes of a Stephens, Robson and others could be top 10 material. It's always later than you think.

Thank you LI NA
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 1st, 2013, 09:59 PM   #1558
country flag sweetadri06

sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes that is what's so frustrating. She can improve, we've seen that when she puts the effort she has been steadily getting more aggressive and successful at it. So it's really what she wants to do at this point.
Old Apr 1st, 2013, 10:01 PM   #1559
country flag ozza

Quote:
Nope. The time to improve (if she can) is now, not next year or the year thereafter. The longer it takes before she makes her move the harder it will be. And she doesn't just have to worry about those in front of her but also about the youngsters coming up from behind. A few years from now the likes of a Stephens, Robson and others could be top 10 material. It's always later than you think.
Yes I fully agree. Which is why the idea of her watching The Masters just over a week before having to play on arguably her worst surface for the first time in 10 and a half months doesn't exactly fill you with much hope.
Old Apr 1st, 2013, 10:13 PM   #1560
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Espinosa beats Schiavone 8-6 in the deciding TB. She'll be Caro's 2R opponent.