The 2013 Off Court Photos Thread (Photo Shoots/Parties/Sponsor Events etc.) vol 1 - Page 140 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Feb 11th, 2013, 02:40 PM   #2086
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The 2013 Off Court Photos Thread (Photo Shoots/Parties/Sponsor Events etc.) vol 1

I understand that they tweak the lighting and whatnot but why do they rob people of their natural features? She has freckles but you wouldn't know looking at these photos... is that something these people consider to be "ugly"?

Are there really people out there who like this plastic-look? I feel like a few of these people push their tastes upon all of us..

My Tennis Photo Database
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 11th, 2013, 02:43 PM   #2087
country flag Manitou

Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future
Re: The 2013 Off Court Photos Thread (Photo Shoots/Parties/Sponsor Events etc.) vol 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Photoshopped to hell...
True, but that's required for all this kind of magazine pictures. They are still very good photos. Really good! I can tell good photography from bad, and I am really amazed.
I prefer billion times this kind of technical quality than those atrocious phone camera garbage that is polluting this thread and is hurting my senses.

--

Outside Poland: Simona and Elina
Manitou is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 02:48 PM   #2088
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I understand that they tweak the lighting and whatnot but why do they rob people of their natural features? She has freckles but you wouldn't know looking at these photos... is that something these people consider to be "ugly"?

Are there really people out there who like this plastic-look? I feel like a few of these people push their tastes upon all of us..
no i agree, but thats just the industry.
it will not change, and i work in the fashion industry so I should know

society today is very shallow and constantly crave perfection, but regardless whether it was masha being photoshopped or a high fashion model, the truth is they'd photoshop every inch of personality out of the images. i too still think the photos are stunning, her poses are natural and the clothing in beautiful. im glad that she isn't just wearing a bikini and they modified her body to make her skinnier, it's just the play on contrast and lighting they've used, but masha (IMO at least) is naturally pretty anyway
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 03:00 PM   #2089
country flag Manitou

Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future

Quote:
I understand that they tweak the lighting ..
I don't think they tweaked the lighting much with photoshop. The light here is mostly a set of screens and fills.
I agree they overdid the skin, but they do it to every model. Yes, I love seeing natural imperfections, they bring personality, but I am not a fashion photographer.

-

Outside Poland: Simona and Elina
Manitou is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 03:13 PM   #2090
country flag Super Dave

Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamUla View Post
Those jackets make them all look fat.

Super Dave is online now View My Blog!  
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 03:13 PM   #2091
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
photoshop is a natural go to.
There's nothing natural about Photoshop. But yeah it is common practice to mannequinize women in mags.
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 03:14 PM   #2092
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Old Feb 11th, 2013, 03:17 PM   #2093
country flag pov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitou View Post
I don't think they tweaked the lighting much with photoshop. The light here is mostly a set of screens and fills.
I agree they overdid the skin, but they do it to every model. Yes, I love seeing natural imperfections, they bring personality, but I am not a fashion photographer.

-
That they do it regularly is no excuse. Hell, using that sort of rationale women still wouldn't have the vote. Also it is usually the editing team not the photogs that are doing the mannequinization.
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 03:52 PM   #2094
country flag 2moretogo

2moretogo has much to be proud of 2moretogo has much to be proud of 2moretogo has much to be proud of 2moretogo has much to be proud of 2moretogo has much to be proud of 2moretogo has much to be proud of 2moretogo has much to be proud of 2moretogo has much to be proud of 2moretogo has much to be proud of 2moretogo has much to be proud of 2moretogo has much to be proud of

I think the Maria photos look nice, except what in the hell is happening on the cover. It is was a bit over done in the photoshop department.
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 03:57 PM   #2095
country flag HRHoliviasmith

HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute

serious question: Why doesn't 'pova get the big US covers since she so popular and all? i really don't get it.

I will never foret you SGT. TIMMYKINZ! You are one of a kind. When you come back pretend that you're a fan of "it" and the mods will look the other way.
HRHoliviasmith is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 04:01 PM   #2096
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsColinKaep View Post
serious question: Why doesn't 'pova get the big US covers since she so popular and all? i really don't get it.
She's not that popular in the US.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 04:08 PM   #2097
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pov View Post
There's nothing natural about Photoshop. But yeah it is common practice to mannequinize women in mags.
Nowdays anyone who has a digital camera and a computer with image-processing programs can do it. A good thing about digital cameras is that all you need is a big memory card and you don´t have to worry about if you have enough film for your photos.
Exordes is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 04:10 PM   #2098
WowWow
mhmmm

WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute

Ain't nothing wrong with PS, but in this case it's poorly done.
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 04:13 PM   #2099
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post

WOW

Your faves could never

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 04:14 PM   #2100
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Indopova looks

Really luv 1st & 3rd pics (that dress! )

Krunya Kichenoks Pliskovas Bencic Vekic Kovinic Smitkova Svitolina Cirstea Mlad Garcia Rezai Pervak Jovanovski Mitu Savic Sasnovich Kremen Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova Milevskaya
Losing Streak is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread