Sorana in Down Under 2013 - Start of the new year - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 8th, 2013, 04:41 AM   #31
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sorana in Down Under 2013 - Start of the new year

Let's hope she is drawing Cadantu at the Open so that at least one of the Romanian byes can win a match.

Although at this point I would favour Alexandra here because even she can throw in a serve and hit 2 balls without an easy error.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 8th, 2013, 06:43 AM   #32
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

But not surprising after R1.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 06:47 AM   #33
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jan 8th, 2013, 07:46 AM   #34
country flag quenelle

quenelle is a splendid one to behold quenelle is a splendid one to behold quenelle is a splendid one to behold quenelle is a splendid one to behold quenelle is a splendid one to behold quenelle is a splendid one to behold quenelle is a splendid one to behold quenelle is a splendid one to behold quenelle is a splendid one to behold quenelle is a splendid one to behold quenelle is a splendid one to behold

Sori's Hobart press conferences:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KU_YDcAVPg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSaSh4HRWWo
quenelle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 12:28 PM   #35
country flag ALIEN

ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold

Retire!
ALIEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 03:43 PM   #36
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Following a very used phrase on this forum, Sorana has weapons to hurt any opponent, but it seams that now she can hurt only ball kids, line judges or persons from attendance. I wish her to be drawn against Kvitova in 3rd round at AO just to see an UE's fest for the enjoyment of big hitter fans, but I really doubt that one of these two girls can win 2 matches in row at this moment.
grs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 03:48 PM   #37
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

The sad thing is that Sorana in contrast to Kvitova for example, comes across as a very smart woman which makes the way in which she goes into these matches even more shocking.

A mess.
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 06:23 PM   #38
country flag Stevecw

Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future

Bad bad loss, but maybe that illness was a factor. lets wait and see what happens nxt week.
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 06:27 PM   #39
country flag overrule

overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold

Sorana seems to have upped her 1st serve %, but % of pts won on 1st serve is down so far this year. Is she making a conscious decision to take something off her 1st serve to get it in?
overrule is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 06:40 PM   #40

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, the way she seems to be thoughtful offcourt but completely brainless oncourt is quite confusing.
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 07:31 PM   #41
country flag Curcubeu

Quote:
Originally Posted by overrule View Post
Sorana seems to have upped her 1st serve %, but % of pts won on 1st serve is down so far this year. Is she making a conscious decision to take something off her 1st serve to get it in?
I only saw her match against Bratchikova and the serve is really her least problem.

She probably doesn't win many points on it, because if it isn't a service winner and the ball is back in play, her chances to win the point are quite slim for obvious reasons.
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 03:50 AM   #42
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Sori
Barely beat Bratchikova and got hammered by Davis?

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Tatishvili. Flipkens. Pironkova.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 04:26 AM   #43
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

What to say...
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 12:52 AM   #44
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Drew Vandeweghe first round at the AO. Coco leads the h2h, 1-0. Based on her form, I expect Sorana's Melbourne trip to be short.
PUTINTSEVA #1 PLAYER

MakarovaPavlyuchenkovaBarthelLisickiBeck DoloncTwinPliskovasPutintsevaPuchkovaSirotkinaPfizenmaier GavrilovaMituScholl
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 12:56 AM   #45

Well, CoCo is about as brainless as Sori and she's also an epic choker, so I'm not that pessimistic.