Rape and how societies react - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Reply

Old Dec 29th, 2012, 03:42 PM   #61
country flag Start da Game
Senior Member
 
Start da Game's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: pirru's heart
Posts: 3,508
Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute
Re: India gang rape victim dies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashi View Post
IMO there's no need to be defensive here.

What if there is an emergeny or she has to go to the hospital? What if she doesn't have a brother, father or husband?
i din't want to be defensive but some people make me defensive with their outlandish claims knowing nothing about the country......
__________________
tsvetana pironkova's no.1 lover

enlighten yourself...
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old Dec 29th, 2012, 03:46 PM   #62
country flag tennisbum79
Senior Member
 
tennisbum79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Planet Venus
Posts: 26,674
tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: India gang rape victim dies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
your point never existed in the first place......what seems to be "rights" to you is not a cultural fit here......
Is this the same argument, the "cultural " argument, you used in the burning of a child by Indian parents in Norway?

BTW, there are report that Mr Vallabhaneni, the father had "threatened" to send the child to India for wetting his pants in the school bus.
Which is kind of revealing because it suggests he sees India as way to punish the child.
__________________
__________________________________
Venus Williams Grand Slam VII
Serena Williams Grand Slam XVII

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 11. 2013
Next Update Date: Post 2014 RG
Live Stream, football, tennis, etc.. : http://www.sportlemon.tv/
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 03:52 PM   #63
country flag Start da Game
Senior Member
 
Start da Game's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: pirru's heart
Posts: 3,508
Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute
Re: India gang rape victim dies

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbum79 View Post
Is this the same argument, the "cultural " argument, you used in the burning of a child by Indian parents in Norway?

BTW, there are report that Mr Vallabhaneni, the father had "threatened" to send the child to India for wetting his pants in the school bus.
Which is kind of revealing because it suggests he sees India as way to punish the child.
just stay quiet when you know jackshit......
__________________
tsvetana pironkova's no.1 lover

enlighten yourself...
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 03:57 PM   #64
country flag tennisbum79
Senior Member
 
tennisbum79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Planet Venus
Posts: 26,674
tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: India gang rape victim dies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
just stay quiet when you know jackshit......
You are evading the question. But that is OK. You took enough beating in that thread.
__________________
__________________________________
Venus Williams Grand Slam VII
Serena Williams Grand Slam XVII

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 11. 2013
Next Update Date: Post 2014 RG
Live Stream, football, tennis, etc.. : http://www.sportlemon.tv/
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 04:01 PM   #65
country flag Start da Game
Senior Member
 
Start da Game's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: pirru's heart
Posts: 3,508
Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute
Re: India gang rape victim dies

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbum79 View Post
You are evading the question. But that is OK. You took enough beating in that thread.
no, your post din't even deserve a good response firstly because you confuse cultures with odd incidents......secondly because it was an obvious attempt at shit stirring.......
__________________
tsvetana pironkova's no.1 lover

enlighten yourself...
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 04:18 PM   #66
country flag tennisbum79
Senior Member
 
tennisbum79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Planet Venus
Posts: 26,674
tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: India gang rape victim dies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
no, your post din't even deserve a good response firstly because you confuse cultures with odd incidents......secondly because it was an obvious attempt at shit stirring.......
As I said, you took enough beating already.
Here are few of your posts in that thread.
Clearly, you seem to be attemting to justify/excuse the incident as cultural difference overreaction on the part of non-Indians
. Even some Indian posters distanced themselves from your comments
http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....90&postcount=8

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....12&postcount=9
http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....0&postcount=15
__________________
__________________________________
Venus Williams Grand Slam VII
Serena Williams Grand Slam XVII

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 11. 2013
Next Update Date: Post 2014 RG
Live Stream, football, tennis, etc.. : http://www.sportlemon.tv/

Last edited by tennisbum79 : Dec 29th, 2012 at 04:34 PM.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 04:21 PM   #67
country flag Wigglytuff
Enjoying married life.
 
Wigglytuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: lolcat
Posts: 20,040
Wigglytuff has a reputation beyond repute Wigglytuff has a reputation beyond repute Wigglytuff has a reputation beyond repute Wigglytuff has a reputation beyond repute Wigglytuff has a reputation beyond repute Wigglytuff has a reputation beyond repute Wigglytuff has a reputation beyond repute Wigglytuff has a reputation beyond repute Wigglytuff has a reputation beyond repute Wigglytuff has a reputation beyond repute Wigglytuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: India gang rape victim dies

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbum79 View Post
It must have been brutal and violent for the woman to die.

THis is why, in the USA, rape is increasingly referred to as an act of physical and psychological violence.; not just sexual violation.
Rape is always brutal and violent. And yes more and more people are realizing that rape is a crime of mental and physical power not ever about sex.

That poor woman. Gang raped by a group of monsters for an hour. And then thrown from the moving bus.

Poor woman.

I hope they go to jail for life, for they took her life and they should never be allowed around civilized society again.
__________________
"racism is dead, it died when MLK walked on a bridge and freed the slaves. Now we have a socialist Kenyan president who is not an American and if anyone mentions race they are a reverse racist (while racism is dead, reverse racism is alive and well.) #whattheyteachyouatfox"
Wigglytuff is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 04:28 PM   #68
country flag Talita Kumi
Senior Member
 
Talita Kumi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Supercake
Posts: 8,627
Talita Kumi has a reputation beyond repute Talita Kumi has a reputation beyond repute Talita Kumi has a reputation beyond repute Talita Kumi has a reputation beyond repute Talita Kumi has a reputation beyond repute Talita Kumi has a reputation beyond repute Talita Kumi has a reputation beyond repute Talita Kumi has a reputation beyond repute Talita Kumi has a reputation beyond repute Talita Kumi has a reputation beyond repute Talita Kumi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: India gang rape victim dies

RIP
Talita Kumi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 04:28 PM   #69
country flag Wigglytuff
Enjoying married life.
 
Wigglytuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: lolcat
Posts: 20,040
Wigglytuff has a reputation beyond repute Wigglytuff has a reputation beyond repute Wigglytuff has a reputation beyond repute Wigglytuff has a reputation beyond repute Wigglytuff has a reputation beyond repute Wigglytuff has a reputation beyond repute Wigglytuff has a reputation beyond repute Wigglytuff has a reputation beyond repute Wigglytuff has a reputation beyond repute Wigglytuff has a reputation beyond repute Wigglytuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: India gang rape victim dies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat View Post
typical kneejerk reaction that doesn't help anyone, certainly not the women that get abused, raped and killed every day.

i must admit i'm always very wary when - almost out of the blue - a story that gets repeated probably every week becomes worldwide news. people who usually don't give a fuck act all enraged and shocked.

but i do hope this changes a certain attitude in indian society.
Wrong again bob.

Strong penalties for crimes against women DO IN FACT help women and society as whole. Most criminals who brutalize women in this way reoffend. And nothing but jail or death stops them.
__________________
"racism is dead, it died when MLK walked on a bridge and freed the slaves. Now we have a socialist Kenyan president who is not an American and if anyone mentions race they are a reverse racist (while racism is dead, reverse racism is alive and well.) #whattheyteachyouatfox"
Wigglytuff is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 04:35 PM   #70
country flag Wigglytuff
Enjoying married life.
 
Wigglytuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: lolcat
Posts: 20,040
Wigglytuff has a reputation beyond repute Wigglytuff has a reputation beyond repute Wigglytuff has a reputation beyond repute Wigglytuff has a reputation beyond repute Wigglytuff has a reputation beyond repute Wigglytuff has a reputation beyond repute Wigglytuff has a reputation beyond repute Wigglytuff has a reputation beyond repute Wigglytuff has a reputation beyond repute Wigglytuff has a reputation beyond repute Wigglytuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: India gang rape victim dies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
laughing at people bullshitting about india having a long way to go......what about the mass rapes in london on english women? women are not safe in many countries......

just because the entire india roared on this, it doesn't mean rapes are happening only in india......
What the fuck is wrong with you people.

This is not a contest! Wrong is wrong. Violence against women on this scale is a global problem. And people going on about where it's worse really don't help.

Trying to sweep it under the rug to make it look like one country is less bad than another. Whenever shit like this happens there should be outrage. There should be some sort of pressure to make sure that there is stiff punishment and steps taken to prevent it from happening again.
__________________
"racism is dead, it died when MLK walked on a bridge and freed the slaves. Now we have a socialist Kenyan president who is not an American and if anyone mentions race they are a reverse racist (while racism is dead, reverse racism is alive and well.) #whattheyteachyouatfox"
Wigglytuff is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 05:05 PM   #71
country flag Start da Game
Senior Member
 
Start da Game's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: pirru's heart
Posts: 3,508
Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute
Re: India gang rape victim dies

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbum79 View Post
As I said, you took enough beating already.
Here are few of your posts in that thread.
Clearly, you seem to be attemting to justify/excuse the incident as cultural difference overreaction on the part of non-Indians
. Even some Indian posters distanced themselves from your comments
http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....90&postcount=8

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....12&postcount=9
http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....0&postcount=15
wrong again......indian posters differed because they din't read my post carefully and probably also din't want to lose their long time friends here......just took a safer route......

your attempt at exhibiting fake concern for india when nobody invited you to do so is getting hilarious with every post......
__________________
tsvetana pironkova's no.1 lover

enlighten yourself...
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 05:08 PM   #72
country flag Start da Game
Senior Member
 
Start da Game's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: pirru's heart
Posts: 3,508
Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute
Re: India gang rape victim dies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigglytuff View Post
What the fuck is wrong with you people.

This is not a contest! Wrong is wrong. Violence against women on this scale is a global problem. And people going on about where it's worse really don't help.

that's what i am stressing upon as well......people need to stop sounding as if india is the only nation where rapes are happening......

Trying to sweep it under the rug to make it look like one country is less bad than another. Whenever shit like this happens there should be outrage. There should be some sort of pressure to make sure that there is stiff punishment and steps taken to prevent it from happening again.

exactly what indian people are doing at the moment......all i am saying is that there is no need to colour the whole episode as if only india is suffering and the rest of the world is alright......
....
__________________
tsvetana pironkova's no.1 lover

enlighten yourself...
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 05:10 PM   #73
country flag gentenaire
Senior Member
 
gentenaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: land of the incompetent
Posts: 34,671
gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute
Re: India gang rape victim dies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
your point never existed in the first place......what seems to be "rights" to you is not a cultural fit here......
It seems it's this cultural fit that all those women are protesting against. You seem to fit the old school view that a decent women doesn't leave the house at night. So when a woman does go out, she's considered loose and men are given free range to call her a whore. It's the same argument as saying that women wearing revealing clothes are asking to be raped.

From the articles Ashi posted and articles and viewpoints I read elsewhere, I see women who're protesting to claim their place in society, in the city, women who're determined to no longer be afraid, who're sick of fear taking over their lives, who're sick of fear preventing them from going where they want to go. The mentality that apparently good girls don't go out, good girls are never alone, that's a mentality that must change. It's not because a woman decides to take dance lessons, that's she's a whore. It's not because a woman decides to go to a movie theatre in the evening, that she's a whore.

Your post sounded so much like the comment in the newspaper, laying the blame with the woman instead of the perpetrators. It's that archaic view that has to change. It's that view that exists in some cultures but not in others. It's that view that means India has a longer way to go than some other countries, because there are cultural differences.
__________________
Everything you do continues long after you've gone
gentenaire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 05:15 PM   #74
country flag tennisbum79
Senior Member
 
tennisbum79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Planet Venus
Posts: 26,674
tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: India gang rape victim dies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
wrong again......indian posters differed because they din't read my post carefully and probably also din't want to lose their long time friends here......just took a safer route......

your attempt at exhibiting fake concern for india when nobody invited you to do so is getting hilarious with every post......
I don't need invitation, this is not an Indian forum.
Look, the reactions to your post by other posters says it all.
And this is not the first time you have been in this position

BTW, you can't possibly question other Indian disagreements with you by assigning them ulterior motives
__________________
__________________________________
Venus Williams Grand Slam VII
Serena Williams Grand Slam XVII

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 11. 2013
Next Update Date: Post 2014 RG
Live Stream, football, tennis, etc.. : http://www.sportlemon.tv/
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 05:27 PM   #75
country flag Start da Game
Senior Member
 
Start da Game's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: pirru's heart
Posts: 3,508
Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute
Re: India gang rape victim dies

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentenaire View Post
It seems it's this cultural fit that all those women are protesting against. You seem to fit the old school view that a decent women doesn't leave the house at night. So when a woman does go out, she's considered loose and men are given free range to call her a whore. It's the same argument as saying that women wearing revealing clothes are asking to be raped.

From the articles Ashi posted and articles and viewpoints I read elsewhere, I see women who're protesting to claim their place in society, in the city, women who're determined to no longer be afraid, who're sick of fear taking over their lives, who're sick of fear preventing them from going where they want to go. The mentality that apparently good girls don't go out, good girls are never alone, that's a mentality that must change. It's not because a woman decides to take dance lessons, that's she's a whore. It's not because a woman decides to go to a movie theatre in the evening, that she's a whore.

Your post sounded so much like the comment in the newspaper, laying the blame with the woman instead of the perpetrators. It's that archaic view that has to change. It's that view that exists in some cultures but not in others. It's that view that means India has a longer way to go than some other countries, because there are cultural differences.
no, not even 0.1% women are protesting this......delhi =/= india......i don't even think they are protesting the cultural aspects......they are just calling for superior security......so next......

i am not blaming anybody but the morons who committed the crime......i am just calling for preventive measures from all sides......and please for the last time, we are in no position to decide whether india needs to move forwards or backwards......
__________________
tsvetana pironkova's no.1 lover

enlighten yourself...
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios