Fill-In-The-Draw | Auckland 2013
Playing F-I-T-D is simple and only takes a few minutes per week. Here is what you need to know:
1) Just post a full predicted draw for the tournament, including all winners in all matches of all rounds.
2) No commitments are necessary for the tournaments; simply post your picks in the thread!
3) You must post your full prediction must be posted before the first ball of the first main draw match is struck. Any draws posted after this time will not be counted.
4) Please post your picks in the form "A def. B", "A d. B" or "A over B", and not "A loses to B". You may also writing down the winner's name only.
Please post players' full names, not nicknames!
5) Picks can be altered only if a seeded player withdraws after you have made your original prediction. Again, new draws will only be accepted before the first ball of the first main draw match is struck. You cannot alter your picks if the player who withdrew was not seeded.
6) When changing your picks, you must post in a new post, quoting the previous picks. NO EDITING UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!
(any edited post will not be counted, no exceptions!)
7) Please keep your picks as your own and DO NOT copy and paste other poster's picks. If you do this this will be taken as cheating and your picks will not be counted.
8) If the qualifiers are still unknown when posting your picks you may add them as "Q" or "QUALIFIER". It would be really helpful if you could give each qualifier a number (e.g. Q1, Q2, Q3, and Q4). This is essential if two qualifiers have to face each other as you will have to specify which qualifier you pick to win (e.g. Q1 def. Q2). If you do not do this, that particular pick will not be counted.
9) You will not get points if the player has a bye in first round.
10) Scoring is based on the WTA ranking points for each round of a pro tournament: for each player you predict correctly into the next round, you receive the points for reaching that round.
Example: International Quarterfinals
Kirilenko def. Petrova
Wozniacki def. Chakvetadze
Schnyder def. Peer
Zheng def. Dulko
The actual winners are Zheng, Kirilenko, Wozniacki and Peer.
You will get 130 (points for reaching semifinal) x 3 = 390 points.
11) You may play more than one event a week, but only your best result will be counted.
12) The points that will be added to your FITD ranking at the end of each week can be found here: http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....45&postcount=4
13) Only the 16 best tournaments will be counted. You can find the full rankings here:
(2012) and http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=472293
14) The Race to the Championships is available here:
(2012) and http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=472294
15) A full guide and rules to FITD can be found here: http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=354576
If you still have questions, feel free to ask them in this thread. Good luck!