week 1: Auckland-Int - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 2nd, 2013, 07:46 AM   #16
country flag Brαm

Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute
Re: week 1: Auckland-Int

I don't think it's a bad thing that they face each other already early this year. It'll only spice things up IMO
Brαm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 2nd, 2013, 10:08 AM   #17
country flag Barty_Tennisfan

Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice

Great to see that they both made QF.
Really excited to see who is going to win this one!

I'll go for Yanina in three sets, didn't think she would play this good! (saw the match against oprandi, and she played great)
Barty_Tennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2013, 10:24 AM   #18
country flag The Crow
The hottest straight, goth rocker on the board
Admin Emeritus

The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Go Kirsten
Old Jan 2nd, 2013, 11:30 AM   #19
country flag T_P

T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of

If Yanina plays like she did against Oprandi, Flipkens doesn't stand a chance.
Old Jan 2nd, 2013, 12:46 PM   #20
country flag The Crow
Admin Emeritus

The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute

But Flipper has the game to prevent the opposite player from playing her best game.
Old Jan 2nd, 2013, 03:46 PM   #21
country flag Sam.

Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of

Kirsten will win

Townsend, Giorgi, Diyas, Pereira
Serena, Venus, Schiavone, Date
Koukalova, Safarova, Peng, Mattek
Li, Shvedova, Cetkovska, Pavs
Sam. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2013, 04:34 PM   #22
country flag T_P

T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow View Post
But Flipper has the game to prevent the opposite player from playing her best game.
So does Oprandi
Old Jan 2nd, 2013, 05:08 PM   #23
country flag Wimanna

Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute

The H2H is 2-0 Wickmayer, but no easy wins at all. Hope Flipkens can make it this time. Would be good for her run to top-30
Wimanna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2013, 06:06 PM   #24
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

So great to see both girls in the quarter-final in the first tournament of the season.
They cannot win both?

Andrea Petkovic - Sara Errani - Jarka Gajdosova - Alizé Cornet
Dorien. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2013, 07:02 PM   #25
country flag The Crow
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_P View Post
So does Oprandi
You're right. I think it'll either be an easy two-set win for Yanina, or a tough three-set win for Kirsten.
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 01:43 AM   #26
country flag Barty_Tennisfan

Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice Barty_Tennisfan is just really nice

QF: Yanina Wickmayer d. Kirsten Flipkens: 6-3, 6-4

Great play, and Yanina never lost serve!

On match point there was an argument with Kirsten and the umpire. The ball was called out but immediately overruled by the umpire. Kirsten saw the last ball from yanina out (in my opinium it was out too) and argued with the umpire. She was quite pised!

But anyway, a great match from Yanina and maybe a little too mutch errors from Kirsten but she didn't play bad.

SF: Yanina Wickmayer (3) vs Mona Barthel (8)!
Barty_Tennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 05:44 AM   #27
country flag Wimanna

Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute Wimanna has a reputation beyond repute

Yanina She's (almost) never letting her fans down at the start of the year!

Kirsten But good start of the year! Is she playing next week?
Wimanna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 06:00 AM   #28
country flag Emiel Goelen

Emiel Goelen has a reputation beyond repute Emiel Goelen has a reputation beyond repute Emiel Goelen has a reputation beyond repute Emiel Goelen has a reputation beyond repute Emiel Goelen has a reputation beyond repute Emiel Goelen has a reputation beyond repute Emiel Goelen has a reputation beyond repute Emiel Goelen has a reputation beyond repute Emiel Goelen has a reputation beyond repute Emiel Goelen has a reputation beyond repute Emiel Goelen has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, Kirsten is playing Hobart next week
Emiel Goelen is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 07:24 AM   #29
country flag Brαm

Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute

I was rooting for Kirsten for the simple reason that she was 1 win away from top-50... Anyway, let's hope Yanina can continue this good streak and beat Barthel. Didn't she lose the Hobart final to Mona last year?
Brαm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 08:13 AM   #30
country flag Emiel Goelen

Emiel Goelen has a reputation beyond repute Emiel Goelen has a reputation beyond repute Emiel Goelen has a reputation beyond repute Emiel Goelen has a reputation beyond repute Emiel Goelen has a reputation beyond repute Emiel Goelen has a reputation beyond repute Emiel Goelen has a reputation beyond repute Emiel Goelen has a reputation beyond repute Emiel Goelen has a reputation beyond repute Emiel Goelen has a reputation beyond repute Emiel Goelen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brαm View Post
I was rooting for Kirsten for the simple reason that she was 1 win away from top-50... Anyway, let's hope Yanina can continue this good streak and beat Barthel. Didn't she lose the Hobart final to Mona last year?
Indeed!

I was also rooting for Kirsten, but she should be able to break the top 50 anyway, seeing she got almost nothing to defend the next months.
Emiel Goelen is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote