Your views of Venus's 2013 schedule - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 22nd, 2012, 01:09 PM   #1
country flag adamserenavenus

adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold
Your views of Venus's 2013 schedule

Here is my view of Venus's 2013 schedule.

Singles:

Hopman Cup
Australian Open
Dubai Tennis Championships
Sony Ericsson Open, Miami
Family Circle Cup, Charleston
Mutua Madrilena Madrid Open
Internazionali BNL d'Italia, Rome
French Open
Wimbledon
Bank of the West Classic, Stanford
Rogers Cup, Toronto
Cincinnati Open
US Open
China Open, Beijing
Luxembourg Open
Sony Ericsson Championships, Istanbul

Doubles:

Sony Ericsson Open, Miami
Wimbledon
Bank of the West Classic, Stanford
US Open
Sony Ericsson Championships, Istanbul

Mixed Doubles:

Wimbledon
US Open

I haven't put the Australian Open & French Open in her Doubles schedule as I want Serena to play and hopefully win the Mixed Doubles at the Australian Open & French Open and I know that Venus will not play Singles, Doubles & Mixed Doubles at Wimbledon & US Open but hope she plays Singles & Mixed Doubles. What are your views of Venus's schedule.

Last edited by adamserenavenus : Nov 18th, 2012 at 07:53 PM.
adamserenavenus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 22nd, 2012, 03:36 PM   #2
country flag Queen_Vee_92

Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of
Re: Your views of Venus's 2013 schedule

SINGLES:

Hopman Cup
Australian Open and Doubles
Doha
Dubai
Miami and Doubles
Stuttgart
Madrid
Rome
Roland Garros
Wimbledon and Doubles
Cincinatti and Doubles
US Open
Beijing and Doubles
Istanbul and Doubles

The singles schedule seems about reasonable. She won't have to play consecutive weeks anywhere except Doha/Dubai which comes early in the season, and is unlikely she goes deep in both anyway. Possibly minus Stuttgart out, but i really want to see her play there it's such a good tournament. If RG and Wimbledon goes poorly and she doesn't get much tennis in over summer, then maybe add Stanford as well?

Doubles wise i don't want them playing the French, Serena needs to be fully focused on her singles there. The USO it seems to be too hectic for them to do both events there with scheduling and how late in the season it is. They can focus on that when they finish singles i think. Miami seems reasonable surprised they haven't played it more. Cincinatti again would seem like a good choice given the speed of the courts, and then Beijing after a few weeks rest if they still need to make up points to get to the YEC. If they arguably win 3 of the 5 season events they enter, including at least one slam then that should do for qualification i think!

If anything though this schedule is slightly heavy, and this is what she will most likely end up doing.

Hopman
AO
Dubai
Miami
Charleston
Madrid
Rome
RG
Wimbledon
Cincinatti
US Open
Beijing
YEC???

Quote:
Each tournament is important for me, ... Each tournament would do something to my ranking and such kind of thing, step forward for the future. Also I think it's the opportunity, the opportunity to do what I love, to play my best, to play for the people who appreciate what I do.
(Venus Williams)
Queen_Vee_92 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2012, 05:00 PM   #3
country flag Abdel

Abdel is a name known to all Abdel is a name known to all Abdel is a name known to all Abdel is a name known to all Abdel is a name known to all Abdel is a name known to all Abdel is a name known to all Abdel is a name known to all Abdel is a name known to all Abdel is a name known to all Abdel is a name known to all

With which player will play Venus (Hopman CUp)?
Old Oct 22nd, 2012, 06:28 PM   #4
country flag Pump-it-UP
Senior Stan

Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute

Hopman Cup
AO
Dubai
Miami
Madrid
Rome
RG
Wimbledon
[WTT]
Cincinnati
USO
Beijing
Luxembourg
Istanbul

+ she'll have to play at least 1 Fed Cup tie too because of new Olympics eligibility rule.

And hopefully they'll just play doubles at the 4 slams + Istanbul. Maybe Beijing too if they think it'd help them make a push for #1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdel View Post
With which player will play Venus (Hopman CUp)?
Isner.

USA will play South Africa (Scheepers), Spain (Medina Garrigues, and France (Johansson) in the group stage. If USA makes the final, Venus will play Ivanovic, Petkovic, Dellacqua, or Schiavone.
Pump-it-UP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 02:43 AM   #5
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

^Skip Premier 5 Doha? Anyways, my schedule I did before, but did a few tweaks. I agree with your's though, just add Doha and Stanford, and get rid of Luxembourg unless there is a desperate need for another title:

Hopman Cup
Week Off
Australian Open
Australian Open
Week Off
(Fed Cup tie against Italy in Rimini on Indoor Red Clay)
Doha (Premier 5)
Dubai (Premier)
Week Off
Week Off
Week Off
Miami (Premier Mandatory)
Miami
Week Off
Week Off
(Fed Cup Match)
Week Off
Week Off
Madrid (Premier Mandatory)
Rome (Premier 5)
Week Off
Roland Garros
Roland Garros
Week Off
Week Off
Wimbledon
Wimbledon
Week Off
Week Off (Whenever the fuck WTT is, she'll be doing it)
Stanford (Premier)
Week Off
Week Off
Cincinnati (Premier 5)
Week Off
US Open
US Open
Week Off
Week Off
Week Off
Beijing (Premier Mandatory)
Week Off
Week Off
Istanbul YEC if qualified.
(Fed Cup Final)

Doubles
Australian Open
Rome
Roland Garros
Wimbledon
Stanford
US Open
Beijing
Istanbul

I took out Charleston and wanted Fed Cup instead. Better way to shake off the rust just before the big clay events. I want Vee to give a full year commitment to getting her 2nd Fed Cup title. 13 years is too long for USA not to have a title.

I think both Doha and Dubai is smart because she does well in both venues lately. Why not try to have tons of success again 2 weeks in a row. Tail off after Wimbledon. Just Stanford and Cincy. Toronto would just be wasting her time. End of season, just Beijing. We all know Vee doesn't really care.

Doubles: Aussie to help shake off some cobwebs. Rome to get doubles match play + win a different clay title. 2009, 2010 really showed what an asset playing a clay event before is. Stanford instead of Cincy. I'd rather they relax that close to the US Open. Beijing just because end of the season they start to get a little worn out, so just to keep their doubles game up ahead of the big Istanbul task, finally win that YEC. I think this schedule will help them to successfully aim for the Grand Slam along with qualifying and winning the YEC.

Fed Cup: Needs to play once a year to play Rio. I don't know which of the 2 first ties I would want her to play. First is against Italy. Vee does well against Sara and Roby, but it's on slow Italian clay. Plus, it's the weekend before Doha. Vee would have to start early there, so she'd play clay and then a day or 2 later on hard. While April tie would be against Czech Republic in SF or one of the other WG QF losers. It is much better time wise AND it would be a home match against Czechs. Outdoor Hardcourts in a humid place for the win please. I do however, want Serena for all 3 ties. Slap some bitches up! But she won't. I'd rather her for Italy though since I don't think she cares about the Middle East events anyways.

Last edited by Uranium : Nov 4th, 2012 at 01:22 PM.
Uranium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 02:52 PM   #6
country flag Direwolf

Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute

Hopman Cups

AustralIan Open

Miami

Madrid
Rome

French Open

British Open

American Open

Beijing
Luxembourg/Istanbul
Direwolf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 02:58 PM   #7
country flag Direwolf

Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute

More ehibitions
And I want her to play with Isner in the 4 Slams
Direwolf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 03:55 PM   #8
country flag Matze

Matze has much to be proud of Matze has much to be proud of Matze has much to be proud of Matze has much to be proud of Matze has much to be proud of Matze has much to be proud of Matze has much to be proud of Matze has much to be proud of Matze has much to be proud of Matze has much to be proud of Matze has much to be proud of

Hopman Cup - I love that she plays there. It is for once the same surface like in Melbourne - unlike Hong Kong and most of the time HC is really competitive, so she cant get rid of her rust!!!

Australian Open

Paris - she likes fast indoor hardcourts, so she could add another title to her collection

Doha or Dubai, if not both

Miami

Stuttgart
Madrid
Rome

French Open

Wimbledon

Carlsbad - The field is always so weak, she could win another title with one leg
Toronto - I finally want her to play there. It is such a great tournament and she never had a good result there
Cincinatti

US Open

If needed for qualifying in Istanbul then play
Tokyo
Beijing
Luxembourg

If not just play
Beijing
and rest!
Matze is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 09:33 PM   #9
country flag Z1988

Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold

IMO,

Singles:

(1) Hopman Cup (would have preferred if she played Brisbane or even Auckland, for more ranking points. But Hopman Cup isn't that bad as an option anyway though )
(2) Australian Open
(3) Doha
(4) Dubai
(5) Miami
(6) Madrid
(7) Rome
(8) French Open
(9) Wimbledon
(10) Montreal
(11) Cincinnati (but if she decides to play either Stanford or Carlsbad, then I think she can drop either Montreal or Cincinnati)
(12) US Open
(13) Beijing
(14) Istanbul (plus possibly Linz, Luxembourg, or Moscow to make some push to get to the YEC, if needed)

But I have a feeling it would be something much different than this. Vee always seems to have her own way of tournaments preference. Like I never understood why she would do Dubai - Acapulco tandem back in 2009 - 2010 . But it worked very well for her, so...

Doubles:

(1) Australian Open
(2) Madrid or Rome; but maybe Madrid is a better option so that she would not be "too worn out" by the French Open, as Madrid is before Rome...
(3) French Open
(4) Wimbledon
(5) One US Open Series tournament (either Montreal, Cincinnati, or Stanford, or Carlsbad (depending on her singles schedule)
(6) US Open
(7) Istanbul (with possibly Beijing if needed)
Z1988 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2012, 08:38 AM   #10
country flag veeboy31

veeboy31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hopman Cup
Australian Open
Pattaya City
Doha
Kuala Lumper
Miami
Charleston
Madrid
Rome
French Open
Wimbledon
Washington
Cincinnati
US Open
Guangzhou
Beijeng
YEC
veeboy31 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2012, 11:52 AM   #11
country flag frenchie

frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute

Hobart
AO
Dubai
Doha
Miami
Madrid
Roma
RG
Wimbledon
Stanford
Montreal
Cincinnati
USO
Tokyo
Beijing
YEC

Radwanska - S. Williams - V. Williams - Kerber
frenchie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2012, 11:56 AM   #12
country flag Z1988

Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold

Forgot that Canada will be played in Toronto next year . In that case, maybe she can skip Toronto can play Stanford or Carlsbad (as she has very bad record in Toronto, somehow). But maybe she will choose to play WTT instead...
Z1988 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2012, 03:30 AM   #13
country flag nathanj594

nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute

Hopman and WTT...
nathanj594 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2012, 04:14 PM   #14
country flag Abdel

Abdel is a name known to all Abdel is a name known to all Abdel is a name known to all Abdel is a name known to all Abdel is a name known to all Abdel is a name known to all Abdel is a name known to all Abdel is a name known to all Abdel is a name known to all Abdel is a name known to all Abdel is a name known to all

venus will play WTA - Open GDF SUEZ

Venus Williams a annoncé sa participation ŕ la 21čme édition de l'Open GDF Suez ŕ Paris-Coubertin. L'Américaine rejoint ainsi Marion Bartoli (finaliste en 2012) et l'Italienne Sara Errani.

Le tournoi se déroulera du 28 janvier au 3 février 2013.
Old Nov 27th, 2012, 07:10 PM   #15
country flag hBence

hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute

Venus will play Charleston

Family Circle Cup ‏@FamilyCircleCup
Venus Williams commits to the 2013 Cup. She won in 2004. Retweet if you're excited to see her return to #chs for the 6th time!

Serena Williams - Ági Szávay - Venus Williams - Andrea Petkovic - Rafa Nadal - Timi Babos - Svetlana Kuznetsova - Lewis Hamilton
hBence is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote