Dec 21st, 2013, 09:47 AM
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Team Vika
Champion of the Champions 2012 Vote Game in Saint-Aubin-le-Monial, FR!
Tournament that brings together all the champions of their countries, to dispute the award of Champion of Champions!
Welcome to Saint-Aubin-le-Monial, France!! This quaint village in the French countryside is pleased to host the 2012 edition of this prestigious event.
DISCLAIMER: Rankings for entry list were determined by ranking of player at the end of 2012, and thus may not reflect current rankings. Seeds for the tournament are based on rankings at the time the draw was made.
SINGLES ENTRY LIST:
1. Petra Martić CRO – Croatian Championships
Previous Singles Finals:
2011: Venus Williams USA [Q] beat Kimiko Date-Krumm JPN | 6-3 1-6 6-3
2010: Event not held due to Australian flooding catastrophe!
2009: Event not held due to disorganization with WTA having new CEO!
2008: Nicole Vaidišová CZE beat Jelena Janković SRB | 6-2 7-6 6-3
Previous Doubles Finals:
2011: Julia Görges GER/Sabine Lisicki GER  lost to Daniela Hantuchová SVK/Magdaléna Rybáriková SVK  | 1-6 6-1 4-6
2. Julia Görges GER – German Championships
3. Arantxa Rus NED – Dutch Championships
4. Ana Ivanović SRB – Serbian Championships
5. Jarmila Gajdošová AUS – Australian Championships
6. Maria Kirilenko RUS – Soviet Championships
7. Mathilde Johansson FRA – French Championships
8. Aleksandra Krunić SRB – Yugoslavia Championships
9. Tsvetana Pironkova BUL – Danube Team Championships [Alt.]^1
10. Vesna Dolonc SRB – Danube Team Championships #2
11. Venus Williams USA – USA Championships
12. Lucie Šafářová CZE – Czechoslovakian Championships
13. Su-Wei Hsieh TPE – Chinese Championships
14. Maria Kirilenko RUS – Russian Roulette Championships
15. Keren Shlomo ISR – Israeli Championships
16. Serena Williams USA – Top 16 Championships
17. Kaia Kanepi EST – Baltic Championships
18. Sabine Lisicki GER – Polonia Championships
19. Sofia Arvidsson SWE – Nordic Championship
20. Lesia Tsurenko UKR – Ukrainian Championships
21. Chanelle Scheepers RSA – African Championships
22. Garbińe Muguruza ESP – Iberian Countries Championships
23. Elitsa Kostova BUL – Bulgarian Championships [Alt.]^2
24. Laura Robson GBR – British Championships
25. Carla Suárez Navarro ESP – Spanish Championship [Alt.]^3
26. Sorana Cîrstea ROU – Romanian Championships
27. Maria Sakkari GRE – Greek Championships
28. Flavia Pennetta ITA – Italian Championship
29. Kimiko Date-Krumm JPN – Asian Games
30. Iveta Benešová CZE – Visegrad Group Championship [Alt.]^4
31. Mandy Minella LUX – European Union Championships
32. Marion Bartoli FRA – Mediterranean Championships [Alt.]^5
33. Jelena Janković SRB – Balkan Championship [Alt.]^6
34. Caroline Wozniacki DEN – Tournament of Champions [Alt.]^7
35. Petra Cetkovská CZE – Czech Republic Championships
36. Polona Hercog SLO – Slovenian Championships
37. Yvonne Meusburger – Austrian Championships
38. Ágnes Szávay HUN – Hungarian Championships
39. TBD – Europe Champs
40. Victoria Azarenka BLR – Country’s Best Player Championships [Alt.]^8
41. Daniela Hantuchová SVK – Slovakian Championships
42. TBD – Belarussian Championships
43. Yaroslava Shvedova KAZ – Battle of the Stans
44. Nadia Petrova RUS – Ladies of WTA Championships
45. Eugenie Bouchard CAN – Canadian Championships
46. TBD – New Zealand Kiwis Championships
47. TBD – Nigerian Tennis Open
48. TBD – South Africa Championships
49. TBD – Countries Championships #1
50. TBD – Countries Championships #2
51. TBD – Americas Championships
^1 Champion #1 Ana Ivanović had already qualified through Serbian Championships, so place went to Tsvetana Pironkova BUL as highest ranked player on runner-up team.
^2 Champion Tsvetana Pironkova BUL had already qualified through Danube Team Championships, so place went to runner-up Elitsa Kostova BUL.
^3 Champion Garbińe Muguruza ESP had already qualified through Iberian Countries Championships, so place went to runner-up Carla Suárez Navarro ESP.
^4 Champion Lucie Šafářová CZE had already qualified through Czechoslovakian Championships, so place went to runner-up Iveta Benešová CZE.
^5 Champion Flavia Pennetta ITA had already qualified through Italian Championship and runner-up Petra Martić CRO had already through Croatian Championships, so place went to Marion Bartoli FRA as highest ranked semifinalist.
^6 Champion Ana Ivanović SRB had already qualified through Danube Team Championships and runner-up Tsvetana Pironkova BUL had already qualified through Bulgarian Championships, so place went to Jelena Janković SRB as highest ranked semifinalist.
^7 Champion Venus Williams USA had already qualified through USA Championships, so place went to runner-up Caroline Wozniacki DEN.
^8 Champions Ana Ivanović SRB had already qualified through Serbian Championships, runner-up Jelena Janković SRB had already qualified through Balkan Championship, third place Sorana Cîrstea ROU had already qualified through Romanian Championships, and fourth place Kaia Kanepi EST had already qualified through Baltic Championships, so place went to Victoria Azarenka BLR as highest ranked quarterfinalist.
DOUBLES ENTRY LIST:
1. Darija Jurak CRO/Petra Martić CRO – Croatian Championships
2. Nadia Petrova RUS/Elena Vesnina RUS – Soviet Championships
3. Ana Ivanović SRB/Vesna Dolonc SRB – Danube Team Championships
4. Melanie Oudin USA/Venus Williams USA – USA Championships
5. Agnieszka Radwańska POL/Urszula Radwańska POL – Polonia Championships
6. Katy Dunne GBR/Anne Keothavong GBR – British Championships
7. Iveta Benešová CZE/Andréa Hlaváčková CZE – Visegrad Group Championship
8. Anne Kremer LUX/Mandy Minella LUX – European Union Championships
9. Tsvetana Pironkova BUL/Dia Evtimova BUL – Balkan Championship [Alt.]^1
10. Tamira Paszek AUT/Barbara Schett AUT – Austrian Championships
11. Elena Dementieva RUS/Serena Williams USA – Country’s Best Player Championships
12. TBD – Belarussian Championships
13. TBD – New Zealand Kiwis Championships
14. TBD – Nigerian Tennis Open
15. TBD – South Africa Championships
16. TBD – Countries Championships
^1 Champion Ana Ivanović SRB had already qualified through the Danube Team Championships, with runner-up Vesna Dolonc SRB and higher ranked semifinalists Darija Jurak CRO/Petra Martić CRO had already qualified through the Croatian Championships, so spot went to Tsvetana Pironkova BUL/Dia Evtimova BUL as semifinalists
This game will start as soon all 2012 vote games have finished. The main draw will feature top 28 players plus four qualifiers and other players will be put into qualifying.
__________________My number one: Victoria Azarenka!
ATP: Novak Djoković
Crazy Frenches! Gilles Simon | Alizé Cornet
Last edited by iGOAT : Feb 1st, 2014 at 03:24 PM.
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off