2013 Australian Open - Stuck in the mud - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 2nd, 2013, 08:54 AM   #61
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra lost to Nastya / Sydney next

I guess no more articles from Brisbane

btw, read quotes from her interview. it's great that she recognizes it's just first tournament of the year but in a way i think Petra just delusional
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 06:26 AM   #62
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra lost to Nastya / Sydney next

'Delusional' might be just a little too strong;we can say that Petra's in denial or failing to deal candidly with an unpleasant reality...and that doesn't sound quite as bad...and is a lot normaller.When she goes on a 5-match losing streak and then claims that she's playing pretty well,THEN we can throw around the 'delusional' label more freely.Honestly,though,I think that today's generation of WTA'ers have gotten accustomed to spewing B.S. at pressers with the intent of preserving their public images.They're a little like politicians in that respect.......When you think about it,you very rarely see a pol admit that he/she made an extremely stupid mistake;there's always some justifier to rationalize why they f--ked up or some doubletalk to suggest that the screw-up wasn't so bad.Likewise,you don't catch many tenistas with pressers like,"I embarrassed the fans,my family,the sport and even myself with today's crappy performance,and I apologize for laying such a turd on the court."

We need more post-match pressers like THIS one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tie0tz7jGDI

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

JUSTICIA PARA LAS NORMALISTAS!! Pena de muerte para todos los narcos en Mexico!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 05:34 PM   #63
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra singing Opera in Sydney

paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 06:25 PM   #64
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Am inclined to nominate Paul as Tourney Thread Namer for the rest of this season...even though he's too much of a humble guy to seek such a position....and even though he stuck up for Petra's trainer by refusing to tell me how you say 'bedwetter' in Czech

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 06:43 PM   #65
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

what a cute title

if Petra ever, plays Seoul, would that be "Petra dancing Gangnam Style"?
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 06:44 PM   #66
country flag ReboundAce

ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future

This is good guys
ReboundAce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 08:25 PM   #67
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Well, considering that Petra is reportedly in a huge slump, her fan base in this subforum is actually getting more and more varied.

Czech Republic (paulmara)
Slovakia (Lufa)
USA (Excelsior)
Mexico (bruce goose)
Ukraine (ShiftyFella)
England (I.Luv.Kvitty)
Wales (pling)
Switzerland (ReboundAce)
Canada (TennisKvitova)
Israel (Israel)
India (bharatkt)
HongKong (Xepher)
Costa Rica (steni)
Australia (aloeball)
Poland (aselto)
Russia (Holdsworth)
Croatia (JarkaFish)
Estonia (Meelis)
France (Vikapower)
The Netherlands (hypersonic)
New Zealand (HowardH)
Bulgaria (iva_ds87)
Belgium (ChrissieFan)
China (b2b)
etc.

Could you imagine what will happen if she starts playing well again?
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 11:26 PM   #68
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
Well, considering that Petra is reportedly in a huge slump, her fan base in this subforum is actually getting more and more varied.
KvittyGOAT still unbeatable, tho if she stinks at FC, she's really slumping
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 11:45 PM   #69
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
KvittyGOAT still unbeatable, tho if she stinks at FC, she's really slumping
No worries here. Petra wants to be the next Hana: three FedCups in a row is a given
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 01:15 AM   #70
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Sydney MD

(1)A.Radwanska v BYE
(wc)Dellacqua v Q
Paszek v Jankovic
Vinci v (8)Petrova

(4)Li v McHale
Q v Hantuchova
Safarova v Q
Zheng v (6)Stosur

(5)Kvitova v Cibulkova
Lepchenko v Makarova
(wc)Rogowska v Kirilenko
Q v (3)Errani

(7)Wozniacki v U.Radwanska
Goerges v Q
Wickmayer v Q
(2)Kerber v BYE
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 01:23 AM   #71
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
Sydney MD

(1)A.Radwanska v BYE
(wc)Dellacqua v Q
Paszek v Jankovic
Vinci v (8)Petrova

(4)Li v McHale
Q v Hantuchova
Safarova v Q
Zheng v (6)Stosur

(5)Kvitova v Cibulkova
Lepchenko v Makarova
(wc)Rogowska v Kirilenko
Q v (3)Errani

(7)Wozniacki v U.Radwanska
Goerges v Q
Wickmayer v Q
(2)Kerber v BYE
Almost perfect semi-final, final set up for Petra Meelis (said with all due respect, while knocking on massive wooden tennis racket), while aware of the Kerbers, Georges's, Kirilenko's, Makarova's, etc. I hope she can go far in this?

Good Luck Petra!!

Thanks Meelis.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 01:42 AM   #72
country flag flyingmachine

flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute

Sydney here we go.

Smells like Kvitova spirit

Allez Forever!

Amelie Mauresmo: Wimbledon Champion 2006
flyingmachine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 12:54 PM   #73
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
(5)Kvitova v Cibulkova
n 15

all we need is Lisicki next time
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 06:34 PM   #74
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
n 15

all we need is Lisicki next time
What does that mean?Are you looking for Petra to face someone who's highly prone to 'injury' defaults,from medical emergencies such as chapped lips,so that she can pick up an easy victory??

Old Jan 4th, 2013, 07:43 PM   #75
country flag paulmara

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
What does that mean?
unseeded „zu hectic“ Lisicki is back