2013 Australian Open - Stuck in the mud - Page 24 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 17th, 2013, 10:46 PM   #346
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra shot down by Laura in Melbourne

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticMoose View Post
We’ve heard it all today – so let me also throw this thought out there! ..bound to irk a few of you ..but cannot do more damage than Ms Kvitova has already inflicted on us today…
Considering the current state of play… Our Ms Kvitova may do well to get pregnant & have a baby and come back as Momy Petra! – there may be a Clisjsters like rising of the sphinx from the ashes ..motherhood may force her to take ownership of her destiny! and burst this bubble she hides in at present! Also this time-off would give her an opportunity to break free from her current ‘clueless cabal’ team & hopefully with reflection she will come back with a new team behind her….on the asthetic side no more having to make excuses for that little pouch too ...
A terrific idea. See you in 2015
Petronius is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 17th, 2013, 10:50 PM   #347
country flag flyingmachine

flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zvonaraver View Post

I agree with you that she needs a good run. She needs some good matches. Really hope she plays Doha and/or Dubai.
That's right. Come on Kvitty. I think she needs to get her head round for that.

Smells like Kvitova spirit

Allez Forever!

Amelie Mauresmo: Wimbledon Champion 2006
flyingmachine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 11:05 PM   #348
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisAddict84 View Post
Ex, you're exactly right. I hate to sound like a downer, but I expected Petra to lose just given everything...and quite frankly, i'm tired of all the overly optimistic comments/excuses Petra keeps on making...saying that she had a great off season...and that her goals are just to keep on improving...i mean really...she's been saying this since 2011! ugh, she needs to get real and start thinking about what kind of tennis career she wants to have...

It's like...will this loss finally be the wake up call that Petra needs?!?! It just seems like she's not willing to put in the work and dedication to optimize her talent/skills. It's seeming more and more likely that Petra may have a Kuznetsova or Ivanovic like career...which is just too unfortunate...

And quite honestly, moving on to RG, I totally see Petra crashing out early...since she has sloppy footwork, can't anticipate well anymore, and has not learned how to slide...

Ugh...this is gonna be one dull 2013 season...it's gonna be Serena gobbling up all the big titles again w/ no resistance...just so, so boring...
PS: I don't even think Petra thinks in terms of "I should be winning some of the Grand Slams and Not Serena". That's how out the loop, unconfident, out of touch and aloof Petra's Petra's desires and goals appear now.

I mean whether you're playing well or not, shouldn't you at least be uttering that to yourself (and/or about Azarenka and Sharapova last year), then make the necessary changes and work, to move forward to that goal? She knows what she can do, did, and almost did last year!
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 12:03 AM   #349
country flag TennisAddict84

TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
PS: I don't even think Petra thinks in terms of "I should be winning some of the Grand Slams and Not Serena". That's how out the loop, unconfident, out of touch and aloof Petra's Petra's desires and goals appear now.

I mean whether you're playing well or not, shouldn't you at least be uttering that to yourself (and/or about Azarenka and Sharapova last year), then make the necessary changes and work, to move forward to that goal? She knows what she can do, did, and almost did last year!
yeah, seriously. it's just so frustrating as a fan to see someone THAT talented act almost lackadaisical about her game, losses, wanting to win, etc. And has melbourne gotten all humid now or something? cuz last yr, Petra was doing fine in the Australian heat...so why was she struggling so much this yr?? i thought her asthma was more humidity related...rather than heat related....?
TennisAddict84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 12:07 AM   #350
country flag AfroIYH

AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light

I am very happy that Laura Robson won, I am also very sad Kvitova's out so early, but I'm happier because I hope this will serve as a wake up call for Petra and hopefully it will force her to change something maybe get at least a second coach with a new pair of eyes who can do something to help her regain some of her best tennis.
AfroIYH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 01:09 AM   #351
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisAddict84 View Post
yeah, seriously. it's just so frustrating as a fan to see someone THAT talented act almost lackadaisical about her game, losses, wanting to win, etc. And has melbourne gotten all humid now or something? cuz last yr, Petra was doing fine in the Australian heat...so why was she struggling so much this yr?? i thought her asthma was more humidity related...rather than heat related....?
She claimed she had asthma problems in Brisbane, after she lost to Pav's.

She alluded, that she had mental problems in Sydney (not asthma), after she lost to Pome.

Some one posted a quote from her, in an article where she claimed it was her serve that failed her and not any asthma in Melbourne (though the way she was serving, it appeared that way to me).

Of course Petra didn't mention (or at least I didn't see the quote), her brain that failed her in Melbourne as well.

And you are correct. It's normally humidity, pollution or heavy pollen, that would trigger her asthma. It was very hot yesterday, but I didn't hear anything about humidity.

As you know, Petra always says it's those things, not the heat that affects her. Of course, any big heat, would make it worse, if the climate were humid or irritating.
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 01:13 AM   #352
country flag netphobia

netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold

Can we make an assumption that it was mental, physical, and external problems that caused her to lose?
petra

maria
domi • sveta • sam • katia • lena • alla • petko
netphobia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 01:17 AM   #353
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by netphobia View Post
Can we make an assumption that it was mental, physical, and external problems that caused her to lose?
That sounds about right.

However (as you know), she was close enough, and ahead enough yesterday, to where she should have used more of her mental and won anyway, even with out the other two components.

Oh, and I forgot to mention (to make your trifecta truly whole), that Petra alluded to the fact that she could have been having mental or tennis stroke problems (due to her new fitness training), post Pome loss in Sydney.
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 01:25 AM   #354
country flag netphobia

netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
That sounds about right.

However (as you know), she was close enough, and ahead enough yesterday, to where she should have used more of her mental and won anyway, even with out the other two components.

Oh, and I forgot to mention (to make your trifecta truly whole), that Petra alluded to the fact that she could have been having mental or tennis stroke problems (due to her new fitness training), post Pome loss in Sydney.
you know normally when Petra gets asked in interviews what she's working on and she never says anything specific, it's just like "...everything" I'm like ...well, that doesn't seem to be a very specified approach. But now I feel like she kind of has to work on everything to get back up to normal level.
petra

maria
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 01:35 AM   #355
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
you know normally when Petra gets asked in interviews what she's working on and she never says anything specific, it's just like "...everything" I'm like ...well, that doesn't seem to be a very specified approach. But now I feel like she kind of has to work on everything to get back up to normal level.
Yeah, I know what you mean, though she claimed she was working on speed most recently. However, as you alluded to, 'Petra needs to work on everything right now'.

And like TennisAddict84 alluded to earlier: I'm not really thinking about Petra's loss, and other people winning it now. However, if/when a Vika, Maria, Serena, or god forbid some one else wins it, then It will hit me, and I'll say to myself "that could have been you--Petra Kvitova".

Now, her results are going backwards from 2011. Let's see if she can get some of that mojo back, either later this year, or sometime next?
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 02:04 AM   #356
country flag Excelscior

FYI Guys.

Did you know:

Laura Robson had only 25 win vs 42 UE
Petra Kvitova had 42 winners to 51 UE

Petra Kvitova won 16 of 20 net points, vs only 5/6 for Robson

Both players had the same amount of Breaks, 7, with Petra having a higher BP % (56 vs 39%)

While Petra Kvitova actually won more total points, 131 to 128, in the match

And she lost!!

Yes, Ms. Kvitova, you really need to get your act together, all around.

You outplayed, but nonetheless, got out gutted by a youngster. That should never happen.

Here's the match stats page, for those who are interested, didn't see it.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/...y9/2216ms.html
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 03:11 AM   #357
country flag Queen Petra Fan

Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: Petra shot down by Laura in Melbourne

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticMoose View Post
It is sad to see her struggle in this way as all of us in this sub-forum do love her despite our grumblings… but that said it was good she lost on the highest stage in this manner so early because if anything it will be a wake-up call and a good kick up her rear to get in gear & sort herself out – I hear you all say ‘does she really want to?!” but lets give her the benefit of doubt at least!. Also A defeat like this will put pressure on that buffoon Kotyza to consider his position or be put on notice – this is the only way change is going to come into her camp. Things will not change until Ms Kvitova hits rock bottom & recognises that she has become a laughing stock despite her innate talent..

At this stage I don’t see Adam as being an inspiration but only a distraction to her tennis …I don’t know how that issue is going to be squared but it is almost beginning to resemble a Caro/Rory replay..

As someone else pointed out – lowered expectations (almost non-existent) is going to be the way forward at least for the foreseeable future for all those mad enough to be Kvitty bandwagoners in here coz this ride resembles like an express ticket to hell!…
All of this and more.

I've come to expect nothing from her until she changes her game and gets her UEs to some normal level like the others. Her stubbornness to adjust her game in the face of her results the last few years is just assinine, as is her stubbornness to not hire a REAL coach or trainer, and to do everything the cheap way (not hiring a year round hitting partner, only utilizing local coaches and trainers, training in CZ close to mommy and daddy, etc.).

Petra needs to do three things to succeed:

1. Get a new coach who can actually motivate her
2. Retool her game for consistent competitiveness
3. Pull her head out of her ass and stop acting like a loser

Otherwise, I don't see anything good happening for Petra in 2013. Her only successes will come at insignificant tournaments like last year.

So far, all we're seeing is a monumental waste of talent.

The girl just doesn't believe in herself anymore...
Queen Petra Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 03:33 AM   #358
country flag netphobia

Petra is at Radek Stepanek's match vs. Djokovic today. She looks sooo tired And she has a whole row of the player's box to herself. And Kotyza + some other guy whose face was cut out of the shot were sitting above her. Sigh. Kotyza. (slightly disappointed tone of voice)

OH and, just to add insult to injury, (or perhaps to make me laugh/cry), ESPN2 and Tennis Channel added the phrase "Lost in Round 2" under her name. )
petra

maria
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 05:48 AM   #359
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Petra is at Radek Stepanek's match vs.
No, one more women fallen into Radek's trap This can explain her poor performance, Petra you better stick with Adam more at least you had results back then
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 06:53 AM   #360
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
FYI Guys.

Did you know:

Laura Robson had only 25 win vs 42 UE
Petra Kvitova had 42 winners to 51 UE
Is there ANY other sport's webpage that's so patently,dishonestly full of crap as the WTA's?

They claimed that Robson put on a 'superb display of tennis' to reach the 3rd Round.Perhaps they believe that the whole world has fried its brains on video games to such an extent that they can't extract info from written text: Only a couple paragraphs down,Robson essentially admits that it was an ugly match that she had to wade her way through.Apparently,she wasn't as convinced as the Einsteins at the WTA that she had put on such a superb display,huh?

Am I exaggerating in saying that the sport looks like a pee-wee league operation when it's webpage offers pathetic excuses for poor performances?It's as if one were coaching a 6-year-olds' T-ball team and didn't wanna hurt the feelings of the little boy who made a critical error to lose a game.I can't even imagine the NFL webpage with some garbage like: The KC Chiefs' secondary played some HOF-caliber defense today to somehow come up with 5 interceptions against 'elite' QB Mark Sanchez

Come on,WTA media dopeshits! It's not that hard to take a simple,honest approach such as: 'Petra Kvitova was bounced out early of another tournament after failing to serve well and regain her composure once her opponent mounted a comeback'.....Would that REALLY be so undiplomatic??Who knows??Perhaps a couple gals would get motivated by the honest tack if they saw that their p.r. image was faltering---and that the WTA wouldn't concoct a boatload of excuses for underachievers

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Soccer=the RCC and Islam in terms of brainwashed,mindless fanatics who'll kill and maim for their stupid religion
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote