2013 Australian Open - Stuck in the mud - Page 22 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 17th, 2013, 04:44 PM   #316
country flag Deestruction
Two-timing...

Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra shot down by Laura in Melbourne

I cant you guys, im taking a break from this player. This is a very new low, this is becoming worst than last year. I really dont know what to say. But this is becoming really really bad right now. These losses are killing me inside.

http://deestruction.tumblr.com/
Deestruction is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 17th, 2013, 04:47 PM   #317
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pling View Post
KvittyTwitter: "Thank you to my fans for not giving up on me. I promise to come back stronger" http://twitter.com/Petra_Kvitova

How touching.

Sadly, it appears Petra is big on words and promises. But she's not, on the hard work, planning and preparation that leads up to it.

As many of you have said, 'it's not just going to happen magically, cause Petra wants it to'.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 04:48 PM   #318
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deestruction View Post
I cant you guys, im taking a break from this player. This is a very new low, this is becoming worst than last year. I really dont know what to say. But this is becoming really really bad right now. These losses are killing me inside.
Understandable/we get it.
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 04:49 PM   #319
country flag netphobia

netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold

Well, she has only played 5 matches so far. I mean, yes, they've been pretty bad. But that's only 5 out of the whole year and she won 2 of them.
petra
•••••
maria
domi • sveta • sam • katia • lena • alla • petko
netphobia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 04:50 PM   #320
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Well, at least our British posters may be happy, their young talent Laura is in the third round, good for British tennis. She's still only 18!

I've also noticed that Tsurenko is through as well, so congrats to Shifty.
Petronius is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 04:54 PM   #321
country flag PetraReeMona

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
So what? at least i believe in her even when she's not producing, glorying for your fave when they have result anybody can do this but can you stay with a fave when they not producing? I'm wondering who can live up to his word after saying that they're done with Petra but i bet you all will be back the moment she wins and all gone moment she loses after it. I better be delusional then the other way around.
See my sig re ROLLERCOASTER - I'm the one who started that word in relation to Petra - so yes, I will still be for her/believing in her even when she is not producing .... that's why being a Petra fan is like riding on a fucking rollercoaster... up, down, up, down, up down ..... and I hate rollercoasters, but because it's Petra ... I will ride on it
PetraReeMona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 04:58 PM   #322
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.Luv.Kvitty View Post
See my sig re ROLLERCOASTER - I'm the one who started that word in relation to Petra - so yes, I will still be for her/believing in her even when she is not producing .... that's why being a Petra fan is like riding on a fucking rollercoaster... up, down, up, down, up down ..... and I hate rollercoasters, but because it's Petra ... I will ride on it
I don't think most of us here, have given up on Petra. But obviously, some of us--have become much more realistic, or lowered our expectations for our own mental, emotional safety and stability (or just pure common sense and reality).
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 05:01 PM   #323
country flag ArcticMoose

ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by netphobia View Post
Well, she has only played 5 matches so far. I mean, yes, they've been pretty bad. But that's only 5 out of the whole year and she won 2 of them.
I know you are trying to lift spirits among the rabble bunch - but honestly this is a new take on match stats ... it is a 'Maddoff like ponzi' stat manipulation Are you sure you're not huggybear's PA?
ArcticMoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 05:02 PM   #324
country flag Lufa

Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all

I liked that she fought, saw flashes of her former game but those DF killed her momentum(s) and confidence down again and again whole match.
Still have faith in her, all she needs is restore confidence, game will come.
She looks fitter than 2012 and 3hrs match was no problem for her (though no long rallies - about 2.8 hits average)
Lufa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 05:05 PM   #325

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by netphobia View Post
I was really mad about this loss for about two seconds and then I went back to feeling really bad for her
I know ... same here.
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 05:06 PM   #326
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Once again, too many excuses.

There is something called career progression.

Petra makes top 50 and wins 1st WTA tournament at age 18.

Petra made 2010 Wimby semi-final, makes top 30, at age 20.

Petra wins 2011 Wimby, ends year at number 2, and wins 6 tournaments at age 21.

Petra makes slam semi's 2X, quarter 1X, and 4th rd 1X, wins two tournaments at age 22.

In 2012 (still at age 22), not so well, not so much.

The progression has halted, even against worst opponents.

Petra's level of play and consistency, is now comparable to her 2010 levels, hopefully not worse.

That's the problem. At least at the moment, she's in a decline.
What excuses? You're funny, how can you know what results Petra will have in 2013? trying to make your argument just by saying that all i say is excuse for Petra is ridicilous. If she goes and reaches SF, SF and QF at next slams and wins three premier tournaments but along the way loses to some mugs like she can, will be inside TOP8 with let's say 47-14 record, you still will be saying this is a decline? She's been not impressive i give you that. Progression without consistency is nothing, in 2011 she gets her breakthrough inside top10 with a bang wining Wimby and YEC, in 2012 she has injuries but performs well enough to back up her Top10 place while producing her most consistent results at GSs in a year. How can you judge her consistency by such a small sample size of? maybe you should wait till tour returns to Europe when she will have enough matches to say was it decline or not. Last year she had great start of the season then had bad stretch during American summer then impressive clay results then not so impressive summer then gets and wins USO series and then has poor results toward end of the year, she always up and down. I find it funny how you judge decisively her entire year that doesn't happened yet by small sample size, you're not seer, she can easily go and have great stretch at American summer with backing up her clay swing results, you still will be saying this is decline too or not? You have fallen into trap of making conclusions way to early, like many other fans\analyst\whatever in any other sport. Just wait and see how everything unfolds, one thing that excites me in sport competition is players overcoming adversities but you sounds like we should just forget about Petra and move on.
ShiftyFella is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 05:07 PM   #327
country flag Deestruction
Two-timing...

Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute

This is why i dont have any expectations for my faves or any other fave teams these days because you will get heartbroken no matter what, its an obstacle to keep up with them. My faves i keep them on the DL of expectations because i just cant seem to get them at all. Well actually no one can.

http://deestruction.tumblr.com/
Deestruction is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 05:07 PM   #328
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't think most of us here, have given up on Petra. But obviously, some of us--have become much more realistic, or lowered our expectations for our own mental, emotional safety and stability.
And I don't even want to think what's going to happen once Dulgheru and Petkovic recover from their injuries

At least Petra should be safe from Sandra Zahlavova in foreseeable future.

Just kidding

BTW, I wouldn't mind if Petra vultured a bit like Aga did in the past and accummulate some points in Doha and Dubai. They will come handy.
Petronius is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 05:11 PM   #329
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deestruction View Post
This is why i dont have any expectations for my faves or any other fave teams these days because you will get heartbroken no matter what, its an obstacle to keep up with them. My faves i keep them on the DL of expectations because i just cant seem to get them at all. Well actually no one can.
The irony is: There were a few of us, that had not so great predictions on Petra's upcoming year, but were shot down for being too negative.

Don't get me wrong, I can certainly understand that sentiment. And of course, Petra can be wildly unpredictable, so there is always some semblance of hope you can have for her--in upcoming tournaments.

However, it's also a fact that her results, level of play, and her teams operation are not up to the standard of the player many of us wish her to be.

As it appears: Only a run of confidence, and good play can get Petra back, close to even the levels she was playing last year.
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 05:18 PM   #330

Quote:
I don't think most of us here, have given up on Petra. But obviously, some of us--have become much more realistic, or lowered our expectations for our own mental, emotional safety and stability (or just pure common sense and reality).

VERY, VERY TRUE