2013 Australian Open - Stuck in the mud - Page 21 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 17th, 2013, 02:54 PM   #301
Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra shot down by Laura in Melbourne

The current Petra is much worse than last year's Petra. What was she doing in the off-season?

Chakvetadze Barthel Kerber Vekic Bencic Pavlyuchenkova Halep Muguruza Lottner
Setsuna. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 17th, 2013, 02:56 PM   #302
country flag netphobia

netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold

Nothing.
petra
•••••
maria
domi • sveta • sam • katia • lena • alla • petko
netphobia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 03:07 PM   #303
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisagi. View Post
The current Petra is much worse than last year's Petra. What was she doing in the off-season?
Spot on.

I leave it at that (though we know what she was doing, at the end of LAST season, that could prevent her from working on her game/resting for this CURRENT season).
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 03:35 PM   #304
country flag Hartson

Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisagi. View Post
At least she lost weight.. I think it is too early to draw a conclusion.. Hopefully, we'll see better results soon
Hartson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 03:38 PM   #305
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

glad I didn't watch the match live, sounds like another inexcusable defeat

Last edited by TimeyWimey : Jan 17th, 2013 at 06:27 PM.
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 03:39 PM   #306
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartson View Post
At least she lost weight.. I think it is too early to draw a conclusion.. Hopefully, we'll see better results soon
result-wise, it IS much worse
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 03:44 PM   #307
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartson View Post
Don't be too hung up on Petra's weight and appearances.

Unless Petra looks 20-30lbs too heavy, watch her TENNIS GAME.

Her game was absolutely abysmal, and no where near--what it was--even compared to most of last year. And to add injury to insult, Robson (despite what many of her stans would like you to believe), wasn't playing that well.

Petra's deterioration is just shocking, in it's rapid decent (though not all that shocking, looking at Petra, her team and their activities, or lack of them).

Unless/until it changes, it's almost sad to watch.
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 04:31 PM   #308
country flag ArcticMoose

ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of

It is sad to see her struggle in this way as all of us in this sub-forum do love her despite our grumblings… but that said it was good she lost on the highest stage in this manner so early because if anything it will be a wake-up call and a good kick up her rear to get in gear & sort herself out – I hear you all say ‘does she really want to?!” but lets give her the benefit of doubt at least!. Also A defeat like this will put pressure on that buffoon Kotyza to consider his position or be put on notice – this is the only way change is going to come into her camp. Things will not change until Ms Kvitova hits rock bottom & recognises that she has become a laughing stock despite her innate talent..

At this stage I don’t see Adam as being an inspiration but only a distraction to her tennis …I don’t know how that issue is going to be squared but it is almost beginning to resemble a Caro/Rory replay..

As someone else pointed out – lowered expectations (almost non-existent) is going to be the way forward at least for the foreseeable future for all those mad enough to be Kvitty bandwagoners in here coz this ride resembles like an express tick to hell!…
ArcticMoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 04:44 PM   #309
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
How long, when did you start watching Petra again?

Old Petra would have won this match early or long.

Don't act like Petra has never won tough 3 set matches before. She has, and against better opponents. Where you been?

You making too many excuses, and trying to see the glass half full.

There is nothing about THIS CURRENT Petra, that is better than Petra Circa 2011 or first half of 2012.

Ask any of us here, that's watched those year, and see what they tell you.

I'm sorry.
Even Dream Petra flopped hard matches vs nobody with ideal conditions, so don't act like she was untouchable, she always struggled with not ideal condition with a player who can fight back.I don't make excuses, i'm just disappointed with this loss cause Flopson done nothing, Petra gave mach away to her. If you recall, i was saying that she stashed her best tennis for AO because of this i'm even more disappointed. I only overhype my KvittyGOAT who's indoor GOAT on other surfaces i don't expect alot. Also, i'm fully aware that this is just start of the year and you can't judge year end results or write off player because of this, on top of that she has new fitness coach and completely different regime, sometimes players need more time to adapt and grow relationship with a coach to start producing results.

On the other hand, You all act like Petra was some high profile junior who stormed into pro tour beat everybody convincingly playing flawlessly then suddenly went downhill i.e having sky level expectations from her. She wasn't high profile junior, never had long stretches of GOATness compared to Serena or even Sharapova, Petra didn't beat any real top players consistently, she beat few here and there, Petra always had Up and Down results. Maybe you should have slightly lower level of expectation and don't expect her to play any single match flawlessly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.Luv.Kvitty View Post
D E L U S I O N A L

So what? at least i believe in her even when she's not producing, glorying for your fave when they have result anybody can do this but can you stay with a fave when they not producing? I'm wondering who can live up to his word after saying that they're done with Petra but i bet you all will be back the moment she wins and all gone moment she loses after it. I better be delusional then the other way around.
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 05:02 PM   #310
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
Even Dream Petra flopped hard matches vs nobody with ideal conditions, so don't act like she was untouchable, she always struggled with not ideal condition with a player who can fight back.I don't make excuses, i'm just disappointed with this loss cause Flopson done nothing, Petra gave mach away to her. If you recall, i was saying that she stashed her best tennis for AO because of this i'm even more disappointed. I only overhype my KvittyGOAT who's indoor GOAT on other surfaces i don't expect alot. Also, i'm fully aware that this is just start of the year and you can't judge year end results or write off player because of this, on top of that she has new fitness coach and completely different regime, sometimes players need more time to adapt and grow relationship with a coach to start producing results.

On the other hand, You all act like Petra was some high profile junior who stormed into pro tour beat everybody convincingly playing flawlessly then suddenly went downhill i.e having sky level expectations from her. She wasn't high profile junior, never had long stretches of GOATness compared to Serena or even Sharapova, Petra didn't beat any real top players consistently, she beat few here and there, Petra always had Up and Down results. Maybe you should have slightly lower level of expectation and don't expect her to play any single match flawlessly?

So what? at least i believe in her even when she's not producing, glorying for your fave when they have result anybody can do this but can you stay with a fave when they not producing? I'm wondering who can live up to his word after saying that they're done with Petra but i bet you all will be back the moment she wins and all gone moment she loses after it. I better be delusional then the other way around.
Once again, too many excuses.

There is something called career progression.

Petra makes top 50 and wins 1st WTA tournament at age 18.

Petra made 2010 Wimby semi-final, makes top 30, at age 20.

Petra wins 2011 Wimby, ends year at number 2, and wins 6 tournaments at age 21.

Petra makes slam semi's 2X, quarter 1X, and 4th rd 1X, wins two tournaments at age 22.

In 2012 (still at age 22), not so well, not so much.

The progression has halted, even against worst opponents.

Petra's level of play and consistency, is now comparable to her 2010 levels, hopefully not worse.

That's the problem. At least at the moment, she's in a decline.
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 05:04 PM   #311
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Already posted some time ago that some of Petra's post-match statements scarily reminded me of the manure you'd hear from the pathetically-underachieving,mentally-fragile Serb and German cover girls...and she went on Twitter this morning(I saw it not on Twitter but the main WTA page) to thank her fans who "haven't given up on her"

While it's absolutely true that genuine love and affection requires fidelity,Petra seemed to be leaning on weak cliches as a crutch in the instance above.Petra,here's Reality 101: When you appear totally clueless as to what's going on...and don't come up with any logical,intelligent potential solutions to your problems,then it's only NATURAL for your fans to have doubts about your current state...and that doesn't have any bearing on whether they still love you or not.

The question isn't whether your FANS have given up on you,Petra but: Have YOU given up????

My sister suffers from asthma so I sympathize,but constantly leaning on asthma as an excuse is NOT the mark of a champion...and it might be time for you to hook up with Czech legend Navrat to learn what a champion's mentality truly IS.

.....And Paul,you've got another month-and-a-half until the fitness coach's trial period ends

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

JUSTICIA PARA LAS NORMALISTAS!! Pena de muerte para todos los narcos en Mexico!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 05:13 PM   #312
country flag Hartson

Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute

@BenRothenberg
Petra placed blame on her serve, said asthma was not a factor for her . Don't think this loss should be overblown--she was close.
Hartson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 05:36 PM   #313
country flag pling

pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future

KvittyTwitter: "Thank you to my fans for not giving up on me. I promise to come back stronger" http://twitter.com/Petra_Kvitova

pling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 05:42 PM   #314
country flag netphobia

netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold

I was really mad about this loss for about two seconds and then I went back to feeling really bad for her
petra
•••••
maria
domi • sveta • sam • katia • lena • alla • petko
netphobia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 05:44 PM   #315
Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by netphobia View Post
I was really mad about this loss for about two seconds and then I went back to feeling really bad for her

Chakvetadze Barthel Kerber Vekic Bencic Pavlyuchenkova Halep Muguruza Lottner
Setsuna. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote