2013 Australian Open - Stuck in the mud - Page 18 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 15th, 2013, 06:41 PM   #256
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of
Re: Petra beat Francesca in Melbourne

^
actually that stuttgart qf win over kerber is my choice of her match of the year
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 15th, 2013, 06:48 PM   #257
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeyWimey View Post
^
actually that stuttgart qf win over kerber is my choice of her match of the year
That was a great match.

That's how you know, how much better than Kerber, Petra is when healthy, cause Kerber was arguably playing and moving her best at that tournament (remember the infamous Wozniaki match), and Petra just rolled her.

And you could see the frustration on Kerbers face, in dealing with Petra's pace and/or angle and spins. She looked helpless many times. And her best advantage to win (in all their matches), is to just run everything down, or hope Petra misses.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 08:08 PM   #258
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation
Re: Petra singing Opera in Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Not really sure of what you're referring to,but enjoy Petra's match tomorrow
I don't suppose it to be the case, but just in case you were waiting for a reply, I meant "Petra visiting Horror Show on us in Melbourne" or something like that.
Embittered is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 09:06 PM   #259
country flag ArcticMoose

ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold

I can’t believe it is only January and it is utter mayhem ….Just checking into Ms Kvitova’s temple of doom for 2013 for the planned ritualistic torture she is going to dish out to us during the next 11 months or so …as long as high priest huggy bear is leading the sacrificial dances kvitty performs on court, no light insight to this black hole …. I think today’s win was just a passing shooting star ….
The only difference I see in 2013 is that she looks more glamorous than ever … just wish it was with her game though…someone please shoot that bear on sight……
ArcticMoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 09:17 PM   #260
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticMoose View Post
I can’t believe it is only January and it is utter mayhem ….Just checking into Ms Kvitova’s temple of doom for 2013 for the planned ritualistic torture she is going to dish out to us during the next 11 months or so …as long as high priest huggy bear is leading the sacrificial dances kvitty performs on court, no light insight to this black hole …. I think today’s win was just a passing shooting star ….
The only difference I see in 2013 is that she looks more glamorous than ever … just wish it was with her game though…someone please shoot that bear on sight……
Where were you in December? Petra missed her regular fitness training in Slovak mountains so we thought you would organize a Kotyza-less fitness camp in Lillehammer or Hemsedal so that she finally gets rid of that belly.
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 09:29 PM   #261
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Such a classically hysterical, irreverent, cynically personal, Arctic Moose like assessment and spirits of our dear Petra and her Hugg-able team.

Welcome back Moose!!
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 09:42 PM   #262
country flag ArcticMoose

ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
Where were you in December? Petra missed her regular fitness training in Slovak mountains so we thought you would organize a Kotyza-less fitness camp in Lillehammer or Hemsedal so that she finally gets rid of that belly.
Well after the YEC drama, I booked myself out for therapy & went to the Maldives for some sun. I must admit when I saw that Koala pic in Brisbane, I could not spot the belly & thought she’d done an op during the off-season .. but I have to say it is greatly reduced though….
I would have gladly organised a ‘hunt the bear’ contest in the Slovak mountains though while I took kvitty to one the many Norwegian fords for a refreshing escapade…..
I honestly don’t think she will win a single title in 2013 ….I am going to be supporting the Czech women’s beach volleyball team to lift my spirits….
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 09:49 PM   #263
country flag ArcticMoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Such a classically hysterical, irreverent, cynically personal, Arctic Moose like assessment and spirits of our dear Petra and her Hugg-able team.

Welcome back Moose!!
Thanks - it is good to see you still steering the kvitty bandwagon while it rolls off the track - you are doing a sterling job of keeping spirits up of this kvitty rabble bunch!
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 09:59 PM   #264
country flag netphobia

netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
She is not talking about swings. „ I´m a little off“ … „The match with Cibulkova was not about hitting but about my head.“

petra

maria
domi • sveta • sam • katia • lena • alla • petko
netphobia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 10:13 PM   #265
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Thanks - it is good to see you still steering the kvitty bandwagon while it rolls off the track - you are doing a sterling job of keeping spirits up of this kvitty rabble bunch!
Well, I don't know if you're seen all or some of my previous post?

I gave some very honest, heartfelt assessments of Petra and her overall team a few weeks ago, and some people didn't like it (and my outlook).

I just 'call em the way I see em". However, I do try to offer some balance, perspective and hope, because of the blatant candor I showed not to long ago.
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 10:24 PM   #266
country flag netphobia

netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold

Excelsior is the bandwagon leader

I'm glad I found this forum though, now I have people to commiserate with.

petra

maria
domi • sveta • sam • katia • lena • alla • petko
netphobia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 11:04 PM   #267
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by netphobia View Post
Excelsior is the bandwagon leader

I'm glad I found this forum though, now I have people to commiserate with.
I know, right?

And when you watch someone like Petrova (and others similar to her with past or recent success/high rankings) get knocked in the first round, it just reminds you where Petra can be, if she doesn't watch it. And imagine how bad it will be then?

It's clear that to be at top player--who's consistent, it takes strong focus and excellent preparation. Say what we want, make what ever excuses we want, but that's what it is and takes to be continually excellent. It's a drive, a work ethic, and a attention to detail, that you and your team/extended team must have.

I just hope Petra or her team (who ever they could be in the future, if changes are ever made), wakes up soon enough, so she can still have enough time to fulfill her vast potential if/when she does. However, right now (regardless of her results this week), things are just run very sloppily. That's just the honest reality of it.

The way I see it, Petra has 3mos to 3 years (short term vs long term view) to get it together. Maybe less (on the three year part). And of course, the process of ascent or decline, can start anytime within that 3 month to 3 yr period.

Last edited by Excelscior : Jan 16th, 2013 at 01:12 PM.
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 11:42 PM   #268
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra singing Opera in Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embittered View Post
I don't suppose it to be the case, but just in case you were waiting for a reply, I meant "Petra visiting Horror Show on us in Melbourne" or something like that.
Well,I wasn't holding my breath,but thank you for explaining your subtly clever notion.I'm sure that you're glad along with me that Petra compelled Paul to change the thread title after her victory

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Am working on a device that would translate cat meows to human languages
bruce goose is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 07:48 AM   #269
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future
Re: Petra and Laura dancing Gangnam Style in Melbourne

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeyWimey View Post
if Petra ever, plays Seoul, would that be "Petra dancing Gangnam Style"?
Here we go

Rod Laver Arena 7:00 PM Start Time
Nikolay Davydenko (RUS) v. Roger Federer (SUI)[2]
Laura Robson (GBR) v. Petra Kvitova (CZE)[8]
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 01:17 PM   #270
country flag Excelscior

Re: Petra and Laura dancing Gangnam Style in Melbourne

Oh well.

I guess I'll have to find out or wake up early in the morning?

I didn't check the time conversion yet (maybe 3am EST), but I will soon enough.

Nonetheless, good Luck Petra!! And don't let Rod Laver Arena place any extra pressure on you (since you been getting knocked out of tournaments early so much lately), and Robson may feel she has nothing to lose. Just play your game, and don't turn into a BBB.