2013 Australian Open - Stuck in the mud - Page 10 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 6th, 2013, 05:37 PM   #136
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra lost to Dominika in Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
no, amount of overreaction, crying and bashing is ridicilous. it's like they ready to burry her forever just because of some silly loss
Shifty,I say this in a friendly way,but: Pull your head out of your ass!!You do the EXACT same thing when one of your NFL faves loses;it's a very NORMAL reaction in the aftermath of an ugly loss(there's only one 'R' in "bury",btw).I'm going to do the same thing,too,when the Ravens bring Ray Lewis' great career to an end by losing to that college team from Indiana.What's UN-natural is when some idiot spends two hours' straight and takes up three forum pages in lamenting the loss(or gets hin/herself permabanned due to some neurotic obsession with Sharapova).

Anyway,most all of us will get over Petra's loss soon enough,but I've gotta run so that I'll be ready to smash a lead pipe against the driveaway wall when the Ravens F-up again...see you tomorrow,Shifty

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 6th, 2013, 06:45 PM   #137
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Shifty,I say this in a friendly way,but: Pull your head out of your ass!!You do the EXACT same thing when one of your NFL faves loses;it's a very NORMAL reaction in the aftermath of an ugly loss(there's only one 'R' in "bury",btw).I'm going to do the same thing,too,when the Ravens bring Ray Lewis' great career to an end by losing to that college team from Indiana.What's UN-natural is when some idiot spends two hours' straight and takes up three forum pages in lamenting the loss(or gets hin/herself permabanned due to some neurotic obsession with Sharapova).

Anyway,most all of us will get over Petra's loss soon enough,but I've gotta run so that I'll be ready to smash a lead pipe against the driveaway wall when the Ravens F-up again...see you tomorrow,Shifty
one thing being bitter, sad and disappointed cause your fave lost and totally another overreact to something in GM fashion
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 07:42 PM   #138
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex59 View Post
Agreed......like Venus, Petra is becoming "a waste of talent". Venus lacked discipline in her ground game, which cost her a dominating career. Petra is in the same mode with Barthel not far behind. If one thinks Petra is going to "miraculously" turn her game around next week and reach the final of the AO, you need a severe reality check. All one has is "hope", for there is nothing else. Petra is vulnerable to losing in the lst round "to any player", her loss "self-caused", for this display against Cibby is the lowest, most putrid display of tennis I've seen from her. This display also falls on her coach, for there is no way a player with Petra's talent can put on a consistent display of tennis with her ground game so hit or miss. This shows how she practices to put on an exhibition of tennis like this. Unfortunately, Petra loves her coach, but a coaching change is in order if this reckless, error-laden display of tennis is not corrected in the short run.
Sadly Rex59, until proven otherwise: I think You're mostly correct.

It is, what it is, till we see changes.

Hopefully, Petra's young and astute enough to change, adapt and realize what's happening, before it's too late.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 01:49 AM   #139
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
one thing being bitter, sad and disappointed cause your fave lost and totally another overreact to something in GM fashion
Talk about a wussified answer,ESPECIALLY FROM AN NFL FAN WHO'S SEEN COACHES TOTALLY TRASH THEIR TEAMS in pressers following pathetic efforts.

First of all,you're on shaky ground in trying to dictate what words we ARE and are NOT allowed to use in expressing our opinions.You and your Eastern Bloc brethren had leaders like those for years and didn't seem to enjoy that Communist paradise very much.Second,I didn't launch any personal insults at Petra OR her character at all;saying that her on-court performance was awful doesn't demean Petra as a person in any way unless I insinuated or explicitly stated that her play was a reflection of her quality as a human being.

The most practical argument against negative posting is that the player herself will read it and get demoralized by her fans' criticism.....but even THAT is highly flawed b/c such a weak,overly-sensitive player has no hope of establishing herself amongst the elite until she toughens up.The 'No Criticism' Rule would be more valid for a fragile player with limited potential who needed all the moral support she could get.With such a player,though,any intelligent fan would have modest expectations from the start.

Off-Topic: I don't think that Joe Webb is that good as a QB(he's more of a trick play,mix-it-up type,from what I've seen).If he WERE reasonably good,then he would've pushed Ponder more for playing time by now

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 04:28 AM   #140
country flag netphobia

netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold

Point is this loss sucks and all we can really do is wait for the Australian Open to start so that we can see if she'll bring it on the big stage, or at least pull herself together enough to get past R2. Debating about how best to express feelings re: a loss is something that might be better suited to private messages.

Just my two cents I don't mean to offend.

I know Petra's still capable of producing great tennis. Heck, there were even a couple shots in her most recent loss that made me smile because they just clipped the line and were pretty cool to see. I think she's in a bad place with her confidence and is overthinking her shots. (And underthinking her strategy....) She looks fitter than last year to me (last year meaning the latter half of 2012, which is when people started to complain about her lack of fitness). Her timing is way, way off. Who knows, maybe she just didn't practice much. And no matter what level she's playing at Petra is always going to be streaky and I honestly doubt her ability to string together seven good matches for a Slam, which incidentally might be part of why everyone on her team seems so about 2011 as a collective year. Like it's some sort of freakish anomaly that she won six tournaments including a Slam and a YEC.

I don't know. It's frustrating because you know she can be really, really good, but the thing is that she is also capable of losing to people who are far worse and less complete players than she is just because it's an "off day" or the conditions weren't exactly correct or she wasn't quite fired up enough mentally to get through it. She's always been that way. So I don't know that everyone should be freaking out and saying it's the beginning of the end of her career as a top player or that she's going to be wasted potential just because she showed her natural streaky, inconsistent play on a bad day. I'm sure she has plenty more good days ahead of her. Maybe even seven in a row.
petra
•••••
maria
domi • sveta • sam • katia • lena • alla • petko
netphobia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 10:10 AM   #141
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Talk about a wussified answer,ESPECIALLY FROM AN NFL FAN WHO'S SEEN COACHES TOTALLY TRASH THEIR TEAMS in pressers following pathetic efforts.

First of all,you're on shaky ground in trying to dictate what words we ARE and are NOT allowed to use in expressing our opinions.You and your Eastern Bloc brethren had leaders like those for years and didn't seem to enjoy that Communist paradise very much.Second,I didn't launch any personal insults at Petra OR her character at all;saying that her on-court performance was awful doesn't demean Petra as a person in any way unless I insinuated or explicitly stated that her play was a reflection of her quality as a human being.
What the heck are you talking about? I was just talking about GM trolls and theirs amount of overreaction compared to fave bashing here, comments by Petra's mostly friendly with some harsh criticism but in GM is like 'being in a pool full of sharks', i think Paul was implying that too, also i didn't even read your comments, i'm too lazy to read everything

Quote:
Off-Topic: I don't think that Joe Webb is that good as a QB(he's more of a trick play,mix-it-up type,from what I've seen).If he WERE reasonably good,then he would've pushed Ponder more for playing time by now
He's not good, Webb just gimmicky best used in spread-offense and this style of offense would be great compliment to AD's ability to run the ball but GB stopped him, Joe wasn't running enough and play action pass was dreadful, also i'm surprised how GB adjusted they system cause Webb was announced as a starter just hour before the game.
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 12:00 PM   #142
country flag aloeball

aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future

Ive been in touch with a tennis coach, pretty high profile. Got me tickets for Sydney, not that theyre expensive anyway but he was nice enough to.

Shame that Petras out already was hoping to see her play.
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 03:11 PM   #143
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by netphobia View Post
Point is this loss sucks and all we can really do is wait for the Australian Open to start so that we can see if she'll bring it on the big stage, or at least pull herself together enough to get past R2. Debating about how best to express feelings re: a loss is something that might be better suited to private messages.

Just my two cents I don't mean to offend.

I know Petra's still capable of producing great tennis. Heck, there were even a couple shots in her most recent loss that made me smile because they just clipped the line and were pretty cool to see. I think she's in a bad place with her confidence and is overthinking her shots. (And underthinking her strategy....) She looks fitter than last year to me (last year meaning the latter half of 2012, which is when people started to complain about her lack of fitness). Her timing is way, way off. Who knows, maybe she just didn't practice much. And no matter what level she's playing at Petra is always going to be streaky and I honestly doubt her ability to string together seven good matches for a Slam, which incidentally might be part of why everyone on her team seems so about 2011 as a collective year. Like it's some sort of freakish anomaly that she won six tournaments including a Slam and a YEC.

I don't know. It's frustrating because you know she can be really, really good, but the thing is that she is also capable of losing to people who are far worse and less complete players than she is just because it's an "off day" or the conditions weren't exactly correct or she wasn't quite fired up enough mentally to get through it. She's always been that way. So I don't know that everyone should be freaking out and saying it's the beginning of the end of her career as a top player or that she's going to be wasted potential just because she showed her natural streaky, inconsistent play on a bad day. I'm sure she has plenty more good days ahead of her. Maybe even seven in a row.
Nice post.

You made a lot of salient observations on Petra's game and where's it's at (particularly early in your post), and what may be needed to remedy it.

However, in fairness to Petra, she did start the previous two years (the first quarter of the season) very consistently. So it's doable. What Petra's doing now is a clear drop off.

There's a difference between not being as consistent as a Sharapova, Vika, or even 2011 Wozniaki (Petra was behind Vika and Masha in 2012 thorough out, while similar at the majors, and arguably the same or better in 2011 altogether). She can do it.

What we're seeing now, is similar to Petra's 2010 matches, or her rough patches in 2011 and 2012, albeit after already having success and tournament wins.

Let's hope, she can pick it up, and knock em dead at the Australian, after feasting on some early round fodder?

Last edited by Excelscior : Jan 7th, 2013 at 03:51 PM.
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 06:18 PM   #144
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra barbecuing in Melbourne Park

paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 06:30 PM   #145
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
Is barbecuing quite popular in that park??That's the only logical conclusion because I doubt that Petra actually attended the Sydney Opera House yet the image is very vivid so it made sense when you incorporated it into the previous thread title.Also,Petra doesn't strike me as the barbecuing type(unless her dad's doing the cooking,maybe).Perhaps you Czechs have read Petra's comments on her affinity,or lack thereof,for barbecuing(?).Like I said,though,if Melbourne Park is famous for 'putting shrimps on the barbie',then you get a free pass

Old Jan 7th, 2013, 07:05 PM   #146
country flag netphobia

netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
my favorite Slam.

These thread titles.
petra
•••••
maria
domi • sveta • sam • katia • lena • alla • petko
netphobia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 07:13 PM   #147
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Is barbecuing quite popular in that park??That's the only logical conclusion
it has many hidden meanings
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 07:15 PM   #148
country flag Deestruction
Two-timing...

Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute

*sighs* this bitch is too much i swear.

maybe the czechs successes last year really got them, they must've gotten laid with their bfs/gfs. their results are just embarassing.

http://deestruction.tumblr.com/
Deestruction is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 07:16 PM   #149
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
it has many hidden meanings
Would like to learn those meanings via PM when you get the chance.Given your preference for gentle language,you're surely not implying that Petra is doing anything bad

Old Jan 7th, 2013, 07:18 PM   #150
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deestruction View Post
*sighs* this bitch is too much i swear.

maybe the czechs successes last year really got them, they must've gotten laid with their bfs/gfs. their results are just embarassing.
I see, you did change your name.