2013 - 1/8 - Julia's Oceanic Swing - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 1st, 2013, 04:07 PM   #46
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Julia's Oceanic Swing 2013

Solid first round win and she should beat Larsson as well. But I don't think it's a good idea to play doubles here. She has to play 2 matches tomorrow and then every day until Saturday, if she could win her singles matches.
mk27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 1st, 2013, 07:03 PM   #47
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk27 View Post
Solid first round win and she should beat Larsson as well. But I don't think it's a good idea to play doubles here. She has to play 2 matches tomorrow and then every day until Saturday, if she could win her singles matches.
New year, old story.
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2013, 03:36 AM   #48
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

Pathetic performance against Larsson
Old Jan 2nd, 2013, 07:25 AM   #49
country flag Johnbert

Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of

wtf was that?!

another embarassing performance.
Johnbert is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2013, 07:38 AM   #50
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Did anybody watch it to the end? Did she break the 100 UE barrier? But despite a cold, she of course played and won a pointless doubles match. Same old, same old.

Last edited by KatjaS : Jan 2nd, 2013 at 07:44 AM.
Old Jan 2nd, 2013, 08:19 AM   #51
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

That's pretty disappointing... guess both she and Slava can concentrate on the doubles now.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2013, 08:48 AM   #52
country flag TexasHamburger

TexasHamburger is an unknown quantity at this point

Why would y'all be surprised by any of that? I remember seeing "Jule" as a junior around the time when she turned pro. She has always cared more about living large, the tennis lifestyle, than about the actual tennis. Used to always parade around her newest boyfriends, who supposedly were also her coaches. Never liked the grind. She never needed the money, and as long as she wins from time to time she gets to travel the world.
TexasHamburger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2013, 08:48 AM   #53
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatjaS View Post
Did anybody watch it to the end? Did she break the 100 UE barrier? But despite a cold, she of course played and won a pointless doubles match. Same old, same old.

Really don`t know why I was sitting in front of the screen until the bitter end although it was very soon pretty clear what would happen.
It was a deja vu in many negative aspects but a little unexpected right at the beginning of the season.
I wasn`t even able to post or show some gallow humor in the live scoring thread because her performance was so sobering.

Of course Julia was handicaped by her cold. She was breathing very hard throughout the whole match.
I don`t know with the UE`s but I think she at least broke the 100 coughs barrier in this match.
We were making jokes about it a few days ago in this thread but why didn`t she take care ? Her immune system must be pretty weak in this point. Nevertheless there are many different ways to take precautions against such things.

However, she actually still had enough physical power to play doubles afterwards so it can`t be an excuse for her.

Julia`s game obviously is still very shaky in many aspects and it tends to get even more one-dimensional when she`s not quite well like yesterday. She not able to adjust or balance her game even a little bit then. The result is the error fest we saw last night where she she tortures herself in an endless up and down. Hard to watch.

Last edited by joy division : Jan 2nd, 2013 at 09:06 AM.
joy division is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2013, 08:59 AM   #54
country flag mk27

The same old story, Julia and MM tournaments
Since 2011 she played 18 International tournaments, but made only 3 SFs
Old Jan 2nd, 2013, 09:40 AM   #55
country flag Skoo

Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future

There were some nice points until the end, though
Skoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2013, 09:53 AM   #56
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk27 View Post
The same old story, Julia and MM tournaments
Since 2011 she played 18 International tournaments, but made only 3 SFs
This was a really bad performance. So much about becoming more consistent. I do think it really is her attitude that lets her down.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2013, 10:02 AM   #57
country flag KatjaS

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy division View Post
Of course Julia was handicaped by her cold. She was breathing very hard throughout the whole match.
I don`t know with the UE`s but I think she at least broke the 100 coughs barrier in this match.
We were making jokes about it a few days ago in this thread but why didn`t she take care ? Her immune system must be pretty weak in this point. Nevertheless there are many different ways to take precautions against such things.

However, she actually still had enough physical power to play doubles afterwards so it can`t be an excuse for her.
But that's what annoys me so much. There is absolutely no point in playing doubles, she has a cold and yet she still does it instead of trying to get rid of the cold as quickly as possible. I can almost guarantee we'll see her in Sydney, firmly clinging to her Kleenex .

She has zero scheduling confidence and behaves like a #80 journeywoman. Play every single tournament she can, and play in every competition she can. It's like she isn't even planning on going far in a tournament.
Old Jan 2nd, 2013, 10:07 AM   #58
country flag Dispeker

Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of

Don't know what to say really. I'm just totally gutted.
Dispeker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2013, 10:10 AM   #59
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

almost funny, in every interview she talked about her goal to be more consistent and able to play more matches on her top level and then she starts with a defeat to Larsson.
Ugly match with tons of errors, awful returns and yet she still had the chance to win this ugly match which she just should be able to against players like Larsson.
But that was just bad, 2nd set she leads 30 with chances for a 40 lead, in the end she barely is able to reach the TB, then out of the blue plays an amazing TB it seems and leads with an early break in 3rd set just to screw it again, same old shit. Sure, she will have better results again and this was only the first tournament but still, that´s a pretty disappointing way to start the new season...
Michael! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2013, 10:55 AM   #60
country flag Madoka

Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future

Quote:
Did anybody watch it to the end? Did she break the 100 UE barrier?
i did the last time i checked in the middle of the 3rd set, UE were around 60

Auf gehts meine deutschen scrubs

PAW Titles :

Dubai '14, Charleston '14
Madoka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote