2013 - 1/8 - Julia's Oceanic Swing - Page 18 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 19th, 2013, 10:28 AM   #256
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future
Re: Julia's Oceanic Swing 2013

It seems not be so serious, according the talks on the German threads it was obviously just some problems with windy weather and dust grains.

Julia will play the 5th and last game after 11.00 h on Hisense court.
joy division is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 19th, 2013, 03:17 PM   #257
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Sweet win over Zheng, Julia !

Great fight to come back from 3-5 in 3rd set to win 7-5. Mentally very strong. Julia is a really inconsistent player, as we have seen in this match again. And IMO it will never change. She plays such a high-risk game. Aus Open is a big success for Julia already. Her 2nd time in R4 of a Grand Slam. And both times at Aus Open. Julia said in the interview Aus Open is her favourite tournament. Zero expectations for next match vs Li.

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 05:17 PM   #258
country flag Mixal

Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future

Europeans, what time do you think they will start? I don't wanna wake up too early, but I don't want to miss the whole match either
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 05:44 PM   #259
country flag Dispeker

Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixal View Post
Europeans, what time do you think they will start? I don't wanna wake up too early, but I don't want to miss the whole match either
I'll get up at 6 am, hope it's early enough
Dispeker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 05:57 PM   #260
country flag Mixal

Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future Mixal has a brilliant future

I think that's too early. Legends doubles start not before 2:30- how much should that last? An hour? I never watch those so I have no idea. Say they finish at 4, Almagro and Tipsarevic aren't ballbashers so it must be 3 hours at least.
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 06:04 PM   #261
country flag Dispeker

Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixal View Post
I think that's too early. Legends doubles start not before 2:30- how much should that last? An hour? I never watch those so I have no idea. Say they finish at 4, Almagro and Tipsarevic aren't ballbashers so it must be 3 hours at least.
Yeah, it's probably too early but I just want to make sure I won't miss anything.
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 06:47 PM   #262
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think it will start before 07:30. Tipsarevic always takes his time, 3h 51min in R2, 3h 29min in R3. Even beating Hewitt in straight sets took him 3 hours.
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 07:01 AM   #263

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Another big opportunity wasted, Li absolutely was beatable in this match.

Still can`t get over this tiebreak as a whole.
At 5-3 she missed an easy forehand, at 6-6 the forehand Dtl was just some millis out.
And how could she miss these opportunities on set point in such an important match ?
Very unlucky and stupid at the same time. That must be karma.

Joke aside, there is no better way to build up your opponent like Julia did and you can`t recover from such a desaster.
It was clearly over then. Pity.
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 07:36 AM   #264
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Why did she have to beat herself in that TB?

Krunya Kichenoks Pliskovas Sasnovich Kremen Kovinic Bencic Vekic Diyas Smitkova Bellis Svitolina Cirstea Mlad Garcia Pavlovic Rezai Jovanovski Mitu Savic Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova

Last edited by Losing Streak : Jan 20th, 2013 at 07:49 AM.
Losing Streak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 07:40 AM   #265
country flag Dispeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy division View Post
Another big opportunity wasted, Li absolutely was beatable in this match.

Still can`t get over this tiebreak as a whole.
At 5-3 she missed an easy forehand, at 6-6 the forehand Dtl was just some millis out.
And how could she miss these opportunities on set point in such an important match ?
Very unlucky and stupid at the same time. That must be karma.

Joke aside, there is no better way to build up your opponent like Julia did and you can`t recover from such a desaster.
It was clearly over then. Pity.
This wasted setpoint.. I literally screamed in despair. This was just cruel. And yeah, it would have taken something special to recover from that. God, if she had converted that one ball she really would have had a shot at winning this match. Pretty sure about that. Well, it wasn't meant to be. Still, it was a great tournament for her.
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 08:20 AM   #266

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispeker View Post
This wasted setpoint.. I literally screamed in despair. This was just cruel. And yeah, it would have taken something special to recover from that. God, if she had converted that one ball she really would have had a shot at winning this match. Pretty sure about that. Well, it wasn't meant to be. Still, it was a great tournament for her.
Of course, it`s was a good tournament.
Not to be too critical with her, but still.

Some things you can prove and learn only in these moments of a big tournament against these Top players.
Sad but true, it was makeable and she missed it once again.

Last edited by joy division : Jan 20th, 2013 at 10:46 AM.
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 02:58 PM   #267
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute

Ugh, didn't see the match but see that Julia wasted tons of opportunities again it was indeed a good tournament but when is good going to become "great" or considerably greater than the last slam ? I wish she took that other level though, it's still and always the same average routine, when exactly will it break ? -- now I expect her to do the same in RG (3rd or 4th round).

Even Errani made a GS F (QF, SF etc.) an there's nothing in that Julia can not do and this match was pretty winnable (already considering that it was Li), so it's another wasted chance.

It's really time that many of the German girls stop sufficing themselves with mediocrity, the average, just what was needed to do to get the pay [...] and start searching for excellence also like certain of their predecessors once did in their time. There's lots of potential just consistently wasted.

Last edited by Vikapower : Jan 20th, 2013 at 03:05 PM.
Vikapower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 05:11 PM   #268
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Sad about the wasted chances But a good tournament anyway

Andrea Petkovic - Sara Errani - Jarka Gajdosova - Alizé Cornet
Dorien. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 06:23 PM   #269
country flag Johnbert

Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of

another wasted opportunity. that backhand at setpoint... she never recovered from that miss
Johnbert is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 06:24 PM   #270
country flag Skoo

Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future

Should I gif it?
Skoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote