2013 - 1/8 - Julia's Oceanic Swing - Page 13 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 11th, 2013, 10:32 AM   #181
country flag Dispeker

Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of
Re: Julia's Oceanic Swing 2013

Yes guys, it's a good draw. Now let's forget about the start of the season and let's be a bit optimistic. She normally doesn't lose in early rounds at GS. And a possible 3rd round matchup against Stosur will surely motivate her even more. God, I want this to happen so badly.

Auf geht's Jule
Dispeker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 11th, 2013, 06:57 PM   #182
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Well this is a good draw. Let's go
Old Jan 12th, 2013, 07:09 AM   #183
country flag Kon.

Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute

The qualifier she got is Dushevina.

Good luck at the AO Julia! Hopefully she resumes her habit of reaching R3.
Kon. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2013, 07:27 AM   #184
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

11:00 local 01:00 CET Show Court 2
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2013, 08:40 AM   #185
country flag Dispeker

Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderwall. View Post
The qualifier she got is Dushevina.

Good luck at the AO Julia! Hopefully she resumes her habit of reaching R3.
This a must-win. No excuses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatjaS View Post
11:00 local 01:00 CET Show Court 2
Dispeker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2013, 10:22 AM   #186
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

Now we can compare her to Malek.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2013, 11:33 PM   #187
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.tennisnet.com/deutschland...e-mehr/4581965

Julia Görges: "Das passiert mir nie mehr"
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
Old Jan 13th, 2013, 07:52 AM   #188
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Daniela Hantuchova (SVK) [16]
Anabel Medina Garrigues (ESP) [16]
VS
Julia Goerges (GER)
Samantha Stosur (AUS)

Varvara Lepchenko (USA)
Saisai Zheng (CHN)
VS
Sorana Cirstea (ROU)
Tamira Paszek (AUT)
Old Jan 13th, 2013, 11:29 AM   #189
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazillo View Post
http://www.tennisnet.com/deutschland...e-mehr/4581965

Julia Görges: "Das passiert mir nie mehr"
Was already posted in her interview thread.

But you could have made a little summary in English if you already put it in here.
Some details are of the interview are not quite uninteresting.

On request on her eyes -

Quote:
Vorher hatte ich 6,25 und 4,75 Dioptrien. Ab und zu denke ich: "Wow, die Farben und Eindrücke sind so scharf!" Die ersten Tage war es ganz komisch, vor allem im Fernsehen. Da habe ich eine Talkshow geschaut, und das beige Jackett eines Politikers hat mich so geblendet. So grell habe ich früher nie gesehen.

Before the surgery I had 6,25 and 4,75 diopters on my eyes.
"Sometimes I think : Wow, the colours and and impressions are so sharp ! The first couple of days it was pretty strange, first of all when I was watching TV. I was watching a talkshow and was so dazzled by the beige jacket of a politician. I never sensed (the colours) such loud before."
Q. Why didn`t you make that surgery earlier ? -

Quote:
"Aber Dr. Uthoff von der Augenklinik in Kiel hat mein Match bei den French Open gesehen, bei dem ich so Probleme mit der Dunkelheit hatte und daraufhin meinen Vater kontaktiert. Er fragte, ob ich das nicht machen lassen will. Dr. Uthoff hat mir die Angst genommen, dass da etwas schiefgehen könnte und ich vielleicht hinterher gar nichts mehr sehe.

"Dr Uthoff of the eye clinic at Kiel had watched my match at the French Open, where I had such big troubles in the twilight. He approached my dad afterwards and he asked me whether I didn`t want him to treat it. He stilled my fear that something could go wrong and I probably even could get blind afterwards."
Q. Your aims in 2013 ? -

Quote:
Ich hüte mich immer davor, irgendwelche Zahlen zu nennen. Aber grundsätzlich ist es ein großes Ziel, dass ich in dieser Saison möglichst wenig Matches verschenke. Dass ich wenig Tiefen habe und konstant spiele. Vor allem gegen die Spielerinnen, die hinter mir stehen und vielleicht einen Super-Tag erwischt haben. Da will ich trotzdem mein Level spielen, auch wenn man so ein Match mal verliert.

I take care not to state any numbers. But it`s very important and a big aim of mine to give away a minimum of matches in this season. To have just a few lows and play consistently. First of all against players who are behind me in the rankings and probably have a very good day (when they play against me). I want to play my level then, but of course it can still happen that you loose such a match.
Q. Your best result in the last season was reaching the last 16 at the AO. At the same time it was your worst performance. The critics afterwards where harsh. Was that reasonable for you ? -

Quote:
"Görges: Natürlich, ich bin ja selbst meine härteste Kritikerin und leider auch eine Perfektionistin. Das ist im Sport nicht sehr hilfreich, aber ich habe viel aus diesem Match gegen Radwanska mitgenommen. Man kann immer verlieren, aber man sollte nicht so auf dem Platz stehen. Aus jeder Niederlage lernt man mehr als aus Siegen, und die harten Niederlagen formen den Charakter. Definitiv hat mir diese Niederlage letztes Jahr hier gezeigt, worauf es wirklich ankommt. So habe ich danach nicht mehr auf dem Platz gestanden und das wird auch nie mehr passieren."

Of course I myself am the harshest critic on my own and unlucky I`m also a perfectionist. This attitude is not very helpful in sport but at least I took a lot of this match against Radwanska
You take more out of each of your losses than of the wins, and the bad losses even shape your character. This loss definitely showed what it`s all about. I never performed like that on the court afterwards and it also won`t happen to me anymore.
Big words,...hopefully she really knows what it`s all about now.
joy division is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2013, 11:59 AM   #190
country flag crazillo

The interview has just been taken before the Australian Open and I have to say the interviewer should not only have asked about her goals for 2013 but also mention the loss to Larsson in Auckland. This is not to bash Julia, but an interview should always have a couple of critical questions.

Old Jan 13th, 2013, 07:02 PM   #191
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/ten...s-seed-report/

Quote:
18. Julia Goerges: Haven't heard much from her lately. Are we due?

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2013, 09:18 PM   #192
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute

^ Damn Wertheim
Raiden is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2013, 09:27 PM   #193
country flag KatjaS

He had her as a possible surprise semifinalist last year..
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 01:18 AM   #194
country flag KatjaS

Well, she won. The last game was awesome.
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 01:26 AM   #195
country flag silesia

silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold

Julia plays against Oprandi next match
silesia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote