THE VOICE Season 4 | ONLY 8 LEFT ! [MON & TUE, 8/7c] - Page 11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 4th, 2013, 07:41 AM   #151
country flag Womp Up The Jamz

Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhite View Post
More like "has the maturity to realise that he isn't going to change the opinion of some haters"

I think the other coaches have mentioned that more than he has
Calling yourself mature while calling us haters out of nowhere? Seriously?

Most of us have been defending Shakira by bringing up her long list of achievements, and not focusing on her last two financial failures.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Womp Up The Jamz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 4th, 2013, 08:53 AM   #152
country flag Beat

Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute
Re: THE VOICE Season 4 | Adam + Blake + Usher + Shakira -> MON & TUE, 8/7c

Quote:
Which of Shakira's songs will be better remembered than Beautiful?
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.P View Post
i don't know, Australia, Asia and most of the Europe may only listen to Shakira's Hips Don't Lies other than Xtina, there are like Beautiful, What a Girl Want, Genie in a Bottle, The Voice WithIn, Fighter , Ain't No Other Man
why are aguilera fans so desperate? is it so hard to accept that she isn't happening anymore? just enjoy her music and don't try to sell her off as a bigger international star than shakira – because she just isn't – or someone whose songs will stand the test of time better – because that's pure hypothesis, and a very fanboyish one at that. to suggest "hips don't lie" is shakira's only international hit is just ludicrous.

Beat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2013, 10:46 AM   #153
country flag M.P

M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat View Post
why are aguilera fans so desperate? is it so hard to accept that she isn't happening anymore? just enjoy her music and don't try to sell her off as a bigger international star than shakira – because she just isn't – or someone whose songs will stand the test of time better – because that's pure hypothesis, and a very fanboyish one at that. to suggest "hips don't lie" is shakira's only international hit is just ludicrous.
i don't know did Shakira EVER do WORLD TOUR? i meant did she EVER came to ASIA?

i don't know why someone is so desperate calling people out, but not telling any fact? i don't know who is more desperate right now? GENIUS

Nadal Tsonga Soderling Berdych Gulbis Dimitrov Krajinovic Rosol
Han ZhangL Zhaos Zhou Wang ZhengSS Tang Yangs Zhu Tian Lu

Giorgi Jovanovski Szavay Chakvetadze Petkovic Muguruza Duan
Zvonareva Peng Garcia Mladenovic Martic Larcher-de-Brito Babos Robson
M.P is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2013, 11:00 AM   #154
country flag njnetswill

njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

i don't know why someone is so desperate calling people out, but not telling any fact? i don't know who is more desperate right now? GENIUS
At least do your research before you continue to contribute to this mess of a conversation.

Shakira's last two tours have spanned 5 continents each and have visited over 40 countries. How can you not call those world tours?

Xtina had to cancel her tour in her own home country while Shakira's last tour was seen by 2.5 million people around the world. Enough said.
njnetswill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2013, 11:12 AM   #155
country flag M.P

M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by njnetswill View Post
At least do your research before you continue to contribute to this mess of a conversation.

Shakira's last two tours have spanned 5 continents each and have visited over 40 countries. How can you not call those world tours?

Xtina had to cancel her tour in her own home country while Shakira's last tour was seen by 2.5 million people around the world. Enough said.
yeah she only went to Singapore, UAE and Lebenon
where is Australia, China, Japan(the 2nd record selling market after USA), Korea, the biggesting counties in asia?

Xina for sure she have cancelled her last tour in US, but at least the last WORLD tour go to Japan, Korea, Australia, China
in Asia Xtina is >> shakira
do you ever see all my post about shakira is all bout ASIA?

Old Apr 4th, 2013, 11:19 AM   #156
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
WTF?

Is fabricating random bullshit a hobby of Aguilera fans?

Xtina deserves better than you lot.
Raiden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2013, 11:22 AM   #157
country flag njnetswill

njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
where is Australia, China, Japan(the 2nd record selling market after USA), Korea, the biggesting counties in asia?

Xina for sure she have cancelled her last tour in US, but at least the last WORLD tour go to Japan, Korea, Australia, China
You asked if Shakira has ever had a world tour and if she has been to Asia, and the answer to both questions is YES.

Are you trying to argue that if you do not go to "Japan, Korea, Australia, and China" it is not a world tour?

And it does not matter that Christina is bigger than Shakira in countries like China. The reality is that the overwhelming majority of music fans in China and Korea do not know about Christina. K-pop, Cantopop, J-pop, and Mandopop artists dominate the music markets in East Asia, so stop trying to make it sound like Christina is some popular singer here in this part of the world.
njnetswill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2013, 11:32 AM   #158
country flag M.P

Quote:
Originally Posted by njnetswill View Post
You asked if Shakira has ever had a world tour and if she has been to Asia, and the answer to both questions is YES.

Are you trying to argue that if you do not go to "Japan, Korea, Australia, and China" it is not a world tour?

And it does not matter that Christina is bigger than Shakira in countries like China. The reality is that the overwhelming majority of music fans in China and Korea do not know about Christina. K-pop, Cantopop, J-pop, and Mandopop artists dominate the music markets in East Asia, so stop trying to make it sound like Christina is some popular singer here in this part of the world.
yeah, most of the people here definitely listen to K-pop, Cantopop, J-pop, and Mandopop, but there is also people listening to English pop song, but i don't think there are many people listen to spanish, so there is why Hong Kong have HMV to sell record mainly English muysic/movie, aisan music(KPop JPop) not much cantopop and mandopop.

radio do not play much spanish usic, she never a top10 seller over here, i ust saying the fact she is not popular in East Aisa, Spanish is never a main languague in east Asia, you can't campare Spanish to English here(who care Macau where oewned by Portgual before), but in gennerally(not coparing to Asian music), Xtina is bigger than Shakira in every aspect. it's geographcall languague barries.

and iknow Shakira is popular in America (but not maintain pop Music, AT40) and some prt of the europe. i never said she's not.

Old Apr 4th, 2013, 11:33 AM   #159
country flag Hayato

Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Well, I live in Asia, and Shakira is pretty well known here even if Japan wasn't included in her latest world tour People know Waka Waka and Hips Don't Lie, but I'm sure they'd struggle to name a Christina Aguilera song if they even know who she is.

Shakira's previous world tour (Oral Fixation Tour in 2007) was even bigger and extensive than the one you're talking about anyway.
She's had sell out concerts in India, Egypt and Turkey and performed some of her hits in China two years ago at a New Year's Eve concert...just look on youtube. She's a big name in Australia too (I lived there too), she's performed in Japan before, just the logistics of making a world tour including all of the world's music industries in one is extremely expensive and difficult.

Anyway, you're reaaaaaally going to struggle to find a female solo artist who is more globally successful than Shakira, and obviously she sh*ts all over Aguilera in that department..
Hayato is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2013, 11:34 AM   #160
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

OMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayato View Post
The only one hating here is you..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Womp Up The Jamz View Post
Calling yourself mature while calling us haters out of nowhere? Seriously?

Most of us have been defending Shakira by bringing up her long list of achievements, and not focusing on her last two financial failures.

If you must know, I was mainly (jokingly) referring to Sean, who has called Xtina XLtina, Floptina, etc.

And I don't hate Shakira at all. Show me where there's any indication that I do. I've only been trying to explain why I think that, regardless of commercial success, the impact that Beautiful has made is more meaningful and long-lasting than Waka Waka
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2013, 11:40 AM   #161
country flag Hayato

Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
OMG

If you must know, I was mainly (jokingly) referring to Sean, who has called Xtina XLtina, Floptina, etc.

And I don't hate Shakira at all. Show me where there's any indication that I do. I've only been trying to explain why I think that, regardless of commercial success, the impact that Beautiful has made is more meaningful and long-lasting than Waka Waka
Hayato is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2013, 01:44 PM   #162
Imperfect Angel

Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Xtina vs Shakira
Imperfect Angel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2013, 03:32 PM   #163
Imperfect Angel

Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Still love this! She was too excited and tired at the end and barely had enough stamina to keep it up but luckily this performance only lasted for 90 seconds.
Imperfect Angel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2013, 04:32 PM   #164
country flag Womp Up The Jamz

Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future
Quote:
OMG

You're doing a lot of Shakira dismissing, and very little explaining of Beautiful's impact.

Womp Up The Jamz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2013, 05:05 PM   #165
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute silverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

For starters, the song and video (which featured a gay couple kissing, a cross-dresser, an anorexic girl, etc.) inspired a lot of gay youths (amongst others). There's obviously no way to get exact figures of the number of people it touched but I think the recognition from GLAAD and other GLBT associations is a good indicator of its impact

And it was actually Raiden who was being dismissive of Xtina's catalogue (he has since edited his posts ). I'm just trying to refute one of his points

Last edited by silverwhite : Apr 4th, 2013 at 05:15 PM.
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote