Fed Cup 2013 - Page 9 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 11th, 2013, 01:25 PM   #121
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of
Re: Fed Cup 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS View Post
The thing that irks me with Sam is how she always mentions in her interviews that "I think I played well, just a few things didn't go my way...but I'm happy with the way I'm playing". Oh come ON, really?!?

She's practically losing every close match she plays (stretching back to last year) and she keeps talking like nothing is wrong. I want her to get passionate, get angry, get pissed off and get fired up! But Sam is just too gentle a creature to do that. Shame
She did get fired up during Aussie season didn't she?

When is the next tie and who do we play it against?
binky-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 11th, 2013, 01:27 PM   #122
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asadinator View Post
She did get fired up during Aussie season didn't she?

When is the next tie and who do we play it against?
Did she? Don't know. I've erased it from memory

Next tie is in April. The draw hasn't been done yet. We could get Spain, Germany, Sweden, Serbia and a few others I can't recall. I reckon there's a good chance we can get through.
TS is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 02:20 PM   #123
AUSBOY

AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future

It was Kvitova who choked in that match, not Sam.
AUSBOY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 02:36 PM   #124
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

But she still got the win, so...that doesn't matter.

Anyway, get Rodionova on the team, stat!
TS is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 02:52 PM   #125
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Next tie is in April. The draw hasn't been done yet. We could get Spain, Germany, Sweden, Serbia and a few others I can't recall. I reckon there's a good chance we can get through.
Let's hope it's not Germany ffs, that would mean it would have to be played in Australia. Spain would be in Spain, so that'd be okay. Not sure about Sweden or Serbia, as far as I can tell there has never been a home or away tie against either country.

Wish to hell they'd loosen up the the rules so ties could be played in Europe regardless if both countries agree.
stromatolite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 03:10 PM   #126
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
Let's hope it's not Germany ffs, that would mean it would have to be played in Australia. Spain would be in Spain, so that'd be okay. Not sure about Sweden or Serbia, as far as I can tell there has never been a home or away tie against either country.

Wish to hell they'd loosen up the the rules so ties could be played in Europe regardless if both countries agree.
Australia can't play against Serbia because they are a top 8 seed

Germany (home), Spain(away), Sweeden(decided by lot, we will know Wednsedsay 11 AM GMT), Switzerland(home)
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 03:21 PM   #127

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by guichard View Post
Australia can't play against Serbia because they are a top 8 seed

Germany (home), Spain(away), Sweeden(decided by lot, we will know Wednsedsay 11 AM GMT), Switzerland(home)
Thanks for the info.

So there's a 62.5% chance that the tie will be in Australia
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 09:14 PM   #128
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Rules already allow this

Quote:
A Nation with Choice of Ground may choose to play on a Neutral Ground
or in the country of their opponents, provided that their opponents are in
agreement, and the Fed Cup Committee gives its approval.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 09:34 PM   #129
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

Quote:
The thing that irks me with Sam is how she always mentions in her interviews that "I think I played well, just a few things didn't go my way...but I'm happy with the way I'm playing". Oh come ON, really?!?

She's practically losing every close match she plays (stretching back to last year) and she keeps talking like nothing is wrong. I want her to get passionate, get angry, get pissed off and get fired up! But Sam is just too gentle a creature to do that. Shame
Psychology 101 speak.... I'll just keep working hard...things will come good.... yadda yadda.....
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 10:22 PM   #130
country flag Vicky88

Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of

Let's face it who really cares about Fed Cup. I'm quite happy for them to lose every rubber if they can win where it counts.
Vicky88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 09:58 AM   #131
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

^ Unfortunately when you lose every rubber in Fed Cup you'll usually won't win when it counts other times
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 10:26 AM   #132

Crap, our girls are drawn to play Switzerland in Australia in April. I mean crap that it's in Australia, Switzerland is obviously a pretty good draw.

Since the rules apparently allow it, what are the chances that they will get the tie shifted to Switzerland? Can't imagine anybody in either team would be too keen on going all the way to Australia just as the European clay season is getting ready to start.
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 10:30 AM   #133
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Crap, our girls are drawn to play Switzerland in Australia in April. I mean crap that it's in Australia, Switzerland is obviously a pretty good draw.

Since the rules apparently allow it, what are the chances that they will get the tie shifted to Switzerland? Can't imagine anybody in either team would be too keen on going all the way to Australia just as the European clay season is getting ready to start.
Keep it in Australia! And please play it in Melbourne Park

ZARINA DIYAS. QIANG WANG. SHILIN XU. AYUMI MORITA.
LESIA TSURENKO. ALIZÉ LIM. ANA IVANOVIC. JULIA GÖRGES.
CASEY DELLACQUA. NAIKTHA BAINS. PRISCILLA HON. OLIVIA TJANDRAMULIA.
Kəv. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 10:39 AM   #134
country flag SilverPersian

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute

Blergh. That sucks. Pretty much the same thing that happened when Australia lost to Ukraine a couple of years ago.
Stanislas Wawrinka|Ryan Harrison|Andy Murray

SilverPersian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 10:44 AM   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hindrance. View Post
Keep it in Australia! And please play it in Melbourne Park
Don't get me wrong, I don't begrudge you a home tie, but this would be a really bad time for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPersian View Post
Blergh. That sucks. Pretty much the same thing that happened when Australia lost to Ukraine a couple of years ago.
That's what I was thinking. I don't think Sam would even consider making the trip to Australia, and she's right not to. She's still got a legitimate shot at a FO title, but she needs a good lead-up, and the clock is ticking. If she misses out this year or next her window of opportunity might be gone.