Fed Cup 2013 - Page 8 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 10th, 2013, 09:43 AM   #106
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fed Cup 2013

Still can't believe that Sam's only won 1 match since Moscow

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 10th, 2013, 09:44 AM   #107
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Sam can beat Petra, but I don't think she will. She's stuck in this mental groove atm where every time she gets in control she freezes up. Hope she proves me wrong of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hindrance. View Post
Lucie leads 3-2 in H2H so Jarka can definitely beat her.
2006 Gold Coast - HARD Safarova 46 75 64
2006 Prostejov - CLAY Gajdosova 75 64
2009 Wimbledon - GRASS Gajdosova 63 36 63
2011 Kuala Lumpur - HARD Safarova 62 36 63
2011 Madrid - CLAY Safarova 63 63

So this is definitely winnable for Jarks. This is their first meeting in indoors though. And Safarova hasn't been in that great form lately.
I agree, and if it's a live rubber I can see Lucie getting very nervous as well. It's a long shot, but not impossible by any means

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS View Post
I wish they played doubles next, like Davis Cup Stupid format.
Very stupid indeed. More often than not the doubles players are just there to make up the numbers, and finish off playing a dead rubber. So unfair and disrespectful.

Last edited by stromatolite : Feb 10th, 2013 at 09:51 AM.
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 09:55 AM   #108
country flag SilverPersian

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hindrance. View Post
Still can't believe that Sam's only won 1 match since Moscow
One win for seven losses, and that could easily become eight very shortly ... getting a bit scary ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
Sam can beat Petra, but I don't think she will. She's stuck in this mental groove atm where every time she gets in control she freezes up. Hope she proves me wrong of course.
Yeah, because Sam's form is so affected by whether she's winning she ends up playing to the level of her opponent rather than maintaining and executing the standard she's developed on the practice court. So if Petra comes out and gives us a shitfest, Sam could very well tighten up and give us a slightly greater one. Or she could play ok, but somehow manage to bungle *all* of the clutch points and lose anyway

No reason tonight couldn't be the circuit breaker that restarts her season, but not holding my breath ...
Stanislas Wawrinka|Ryan Harrison|Andy Murray

SilverPersian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 10:38 AM   #109
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

Kvitova doesn't let Stosur choke. Hence the score.

Hope Jarka can beat Lucie.
binky-GOAT is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 10:41 AM   #110
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute
Fuck yes 62

Sent from my GT-I9070 using VerticalSports.Com App

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 10:41 AM   #111
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

Choking already..
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 10:48 AM   #112
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

Stream is so laggy.

So depending on the noise from the crowd, I know who won the point
binky-GOAT is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 11:33 AM   #113
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute
I seriously can't take Sam's shit anymore.

Sent from Verticalsports.com App

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Anastasia PAVLYUCHENKOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
petey_pan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 11:58 AM   #114
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

What happened on the match point she had? Stupid error? Or Petra in GOAT mode?

This is going to be a looong, hard year for Sam.
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 12:17 PM   #115
country flag aussie_fan

aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future

Quote:
What happened on the match point she had? Stupid error? Or Petra in GOAT mode?

This is going to be a looong, hard year for Sam.
Was a very good in-the-body serve

That's it, tie over. Playoffs in April now

Alicia Molik|Sam Stosur|Nicole Pratt|Casey Dellacqua|Sophie Fergsuon|Monqiue Adamczak|Jess Moore|And the rest of the aussies

Also support: Ana Ivanovic| Maria Kirilenko| Misa Krajicek| Marion Bartoli| Jarmila Gajdosova| Lucie Safarova
aussie_fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 12:20 PM   #116
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

Le sigh.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 12:20 PM   #117
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Oh well. At least she fought til the end, if that's any consolation But trust Sam to come back from 0-5, to 4-5 and then LOSE serve to lose the match

Very disappointing though.

Bad luck girls. Good luck to them in April.
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 02:14 PM   #118
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

Story of the tie....close but not close enough....

Tough draw considering some of the half assed teams going around... Morita and Date-Krum who are leading the Russians etc... but you have to beat the top team at some stage and we definately had plenty of chances in all matches...

Still positive results with all matches being close...
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 09:46 AM   #119
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

Quote:

Bad luck girls. Good luck to them in April.
This is the one tie we'd probably want played away..... right at the commencement of the clay season.... otherwise will Sam skip it again

Hard to know what to make of this. Sam keeps persisting but the problem is perpetuating more and more.....
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 12:24 PM   #120
country flag TS

The thing that irks me with Sam is how she always mentions in her interviews that "I think I played well, just a few things didn't go my way...but I'm happy with the way I'm playing". Oh come ON, really?!?

She's practically losing every close match she plays (stretching back to last year) and she keeps talking like nothing is wrong. I want her to get passionate, get angry, get pissed off and get fired up! But Sam is just too gentle a creature to do that. Shame