Fed Cup 2013 - Page 16 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 10th, 2013, 07:54 AM   #226
country flag Huntress55

Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future
Re: Fed Cup 2013

To be fair to Jarka she usually always steps up in Fed Cup. Yeah she lost her match last tie but she played a hell of a lot better than her form for the rest of the season so Alicia obviously thinks she can do it again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 10th, 2013, 07:55 AM   #227
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

^^ remember what happened against Ukraine. I was there

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2013, 07:57 AM   #228
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYUMI-GOAT View Post
no
binky-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2013, 08:05 AM   #229
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asadinator View Post
Some of you are being too pessimistic. We will definitely win doubles, so all we need is 2 singles wins. Sam has 1 in the bag.

This is against the Swiss, not CZE.
You may be right, but all the same, you have to go back an awful long way to find a 5-rubber tie that they won where Sam didn't feature in at least two winning rubbers, or a 3-rubber tie where she didn't win at least one point for the team. If Voegele beats Sam, which I think is strongly on the cards, it's backs to the wall time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntress55 View Post
To be fair to Jarka she usually always steps up in Fed Cup. Yeah she lost her match last tie but she played a hell of a lot better than her form for the rest of the season so Alicia obviously thinks she can do it again.
Hope you're right, but it's a tough ask under the circumstances. I guess she'll play Oprandi first up (she's still ranked higher than Voegele), in which case the Hobart win against her should boost her confidence a bit.
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2013, 09:09 AM   #230
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Gajdosova?

LOL. Clutching at straws.

Hope Alicia knows what she is doing. Gajdosova should not be anywhere near the team right now. Sorry.
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2013, 09:15 AM   #231
country flag the australian

the australian is an unknown quantity at this point

i agree..gajdosova is a joke of a player in general but she's really reaching new lows at the moment...barty is obviously flopping right now in singles...really hard to believe we arent screwed here.

Last edited by the australian : Apr 10th, 2013 at 09:42 AM.
the australian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2013, 02:38 PM   #232
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by the australian View Post
i agree..gajdosova is a joke of a player in general but she's really reaching new lows at the moment...barty is obviously flopping right now in singles...really hard to believe we arent screwed here.
Let's be honest , Barty is yet to play well in singles with consistency. So, I will not say she is" flopping".

Molik didn't really have better options. It is not like Rodionova is doing anything in singles.
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2013, 02:39 PM   #233
country flag Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future

Quote:
they should just make it like Davis Cup and have singles on friday then doubles on saturday and singles on sunday..
A best of 3 doubles match might only last an hour. Not much value for money for a ticket for that

All time favourite: Anna Chakvetadze

Will my weakness for an hour, make me suffer for a life time?
Invisible Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2013, 02:42 PM   #234

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisible Fan View Post
A best of 3 doubles match might only last an hour. Not much value for money for a ticket for that
Nonetheless, the DC format is better, because it ensures that the doubles always count. If it's a problem to schedule an extra day, there's no reason why doubles couldn't be played on day 1 after the first two singles.
Old Apr 11th, 2013, 09:22 AM   #235
AUSBOY

AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future

Jarka has been such a rollercoast this year. Don't know what you are going to get!! In fairness to her though she does seem to always play well in Fed Cup singles. Her singles results this year have certainly been a lot better than Casey's who has only won 2 matches all year. Barty hasn't been in great form either, and I'd rate A-Rod over both Barty and Casey atm. No excuses of Australia losing the doubles tie!!
AUSBOY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2013, 11:01 AM   #236
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisible Fan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
Nonetheless, the DC format is better, because it ensures that the doubles always count. If it's a problem to schedule an extra day, there's no reason why doubles couldn't be played on day 1 after the first two singles.
The current system is so problematic these days with doubles being shafted.
The only way to get around IF's problem that is have the doubles a best of five sets on the 2nd day if they wanted doubles to be more prominent.
Having doubles on the 1st day could mean no live tennis at all on the 2nd day. Though it happens with DC, the guys atleast play 2 live days minimum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSBOY View Post
Jarka has been such a rollercoast this year. Don't know what you are going to get!! In fairness to her though she does seem to always play well in Fed Cup singles. Her singles results this year have certainly been a lot better than Casey's who has only won 2 matches all year. Barty hasn't been in great form either, and I'd rate A-Rod over both Barty and Casey atm. No excuses of Australia losing the doubles tie!!
Really much of a muchness, but I would've picked Rodi for some back-up. Without knowing if Jarka is resting for injury or not in a great place mentally is hard to judge beforehand if the team decision is good or not.

Rodi may have just told them to get stuffed
Old Apr 11th, 2013, 11:19 AM   #237
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Or Rodi doesn't want to play ? she is in the Q list for Stuttgart.

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2013, 11:31 AM   #238

Quote:
Originally Posted by louloubelle View Post
The current system is so problematic these days with doubles being shafted.
The only way to get around IF's problem that is have the doubles a best of five sets on the 2nd day if they wanted doubles to be more prominent.
Having doubles on the 1st day could mean no live tennis at all on the 2nd day. Though it happens with DC, the guys atleast play 2 live days minimum.

Really much of a muchness, but I would've picked Rodi for some back-up. Without knowing if Jarka is resting for injury or not in a great place mentally is hard to judge beforehand if the team decision is good or not.

Rodi may have just told them to get stuffed
Completely agree, they have really limited their options by leaving her out (assuming the decision wasn't hers).
Old Apr 11th, 2013, 01:07 PM   #239
country flag hdfb

hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Haha I was there too............... What a day.
Old Apr 11th, 2013, 02:45 PM   #240
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
Completely agree, they have really limited their options by leaving her out (assuming the decision wasn't hers).
Yeah hard to judge without knowing all the fact. I think Molik decided to keep the same team because no one is really standing out . We know that Cassey and Ash are there for doubles only, not sure Anastasia will have accepted that role (of doubles player/ back up).
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote