Fed Cup 2013 - Page 13 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 10:15 AM   #181
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future
Re: Fed Cup 2013

Real difficult one. And I expect the no. 2 Rodionova not to get picked even though her form is better (not overwhelmingly, but better) and than her counterparts. I think its key to have another singles player up our belt and I would drop Ash for Rodi.
Advertisement

Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 10:27 AM   #182
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

^I think you're right. Rodi is probably a more dependable bet in both singles and doubles atm than any of the other 3. I only wouldn't drop Ash necessarily. They're going to want her to start playing a significant role before very long, so I'd be inclined to bring her along for experience. That said, it would be tough to drop either Casey or Jarka, so it probably won't happen.
stromatolite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 10:52 AM   #183
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Even though I cannot stand her, I'd definitely put Rodionova in the team ahead of hot mess Gajdosova. Rodionova is at least playing something that resembles tennis.
TS is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 11:01 AM   #184
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS View Post
Even though I cannot stand her, I'd definitely put Rodionova in the team ahead of hot mess Gajdosova. Rodionova is at least playing something that resembles tennis.
She played really well against BMS in Charleston, I watched the match - her usual awful antics but played well. BMS has gone on to thrash Sloane 62 60. I wish they would put her in.

Sent from Verticalsports.com App

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Anastasia PAVLYUCHENKOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
petey_pan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 11:03 AM   #185
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Imagine if the team was

Sanders
Hadzic
Rajicic
Barty

That'd be the youngest team ever

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 11:06 AM   #186
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by AYUMI-GOAT View Post
Imagine if the team was

Sanders
Hadzic
Rajicic
Barty

That'd be the youngest team ever
This will be it in a few years I think

Sent from Verticalsports.com App

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Anastasia PAVLYUCHENKOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
petey_pan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 11:15 AM   #187
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
^I think you're right. Rodi is probably a more dependable bet in both singles and doubles atm than any of the other 3. I only wouldn't drop Ash necessarily. They're going to want her to start playing a significant role before very long, so I'd be inclined to bring her along for experience. That said, it would be tough to drop either Casey or Jarka, so it probably won't happen.
I hope you include Stosur in the other 3 for doubles.
binky-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 11:27 AM   #188

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asadinator View Post
I hope you include Stosur in the other 3 for doubles.
Yeah, it's kind of hard to believe she used to be #1 in doubles. Luckily one of the few good things about the current team is that whatever happens they shouldn't need Sam to play doubles
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 11:35 AM   #189
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

After watching Raysur in US earlier before, I think we can safely say she should be at the bottom of the picking list
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 11:50 AM   #190

^As you know I really love Sam, but if you're expecting me to disagree with you on this, you could be waiting a long time
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 12:06 PM   #191
country flag SilverPersian

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, that second singles spot is going to be a very tough choice.

I think another consideration would be the clay surface, which as far as I know has never been good for Casey or ARod. Jarka, while erratic way and out of form, probably has a bit more of a record of success on the surface.
Stanislas Wawrinka|Ryan Harrison|Andy Murray

SilverPersian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 01:04 PM   #192
country flag binky-GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
^As you know I really love Sam, but if you're expecting me to disagree with you on this, you could be waiting a long time
I wasn't baiting, well not the second post anyway
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 01:15 PM   #193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asadinator View Post
I wasn't baiting, well not the second post anyway
Fair enough.
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 11:25 PM   #194
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPersian View Post
Yeah, that second singles spot is going to be a very tough choice.

I think another consideration would be the clay surface, which as far as I know has never been good for Casey or ARod. Jarka, while erratic way and out of form, probably has a bit more of a record of success on the surface.
Two round3's at RG for ARod Also beating players like Zvonareva, Petrova and Makarova on it.

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2013, 01:20 AM   #195
country flag SilverPersian

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYUMI-GOAT View Post
Two round3's at RG for ARod Also beating players like Zvonareva, Petrova and Makarova on it.
Really? I haven't followed her career at all, so I probably shouldn't be speaking of that which I don't know

I think she's got a pretty solid claim to Jarka's spot if she can play well on the surface. It will be very interesting to see what Alicia does.
Stanislas Wawrinka|Ryan Harrison|Andy Murray

SilverPersian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote