Does anyone else think the new WTA site is crap..you can't. - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 6th, 2013, 07:28 PM   #61
country flag M.A.S.L.

M.A.S.L. has a brilliant future M.A.S.L. has a brilliant future M.A.S.L. has a brilliant future M.A.S.L. has a brilliant future M.A.S.L. has a brilliant future M.A.S.L. has a brilliant future M.A.S.L. has a brilliant future M.A.S.L. has a brilliant future M.A.S.L. has a brilliant future M.A.S.L. has a brilliant future M.A.S.L. has a brilliant future
Re: Does anyone else think the new WTA site is crap..you can't.

I desisted from searching scores there. Now even the past well done "activity" is completely incorrect, one player is ranked #5 a week, and the next is #48, and the other next #3 (and she is Paola suarez )
...and Seles is USA citizen in 1990 ...
M.A.S.L. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 6th, 2013, 07:48 PM   #62
country flag matty

matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Territory View Post
The rankings page is shit. They've removed the number of tournaments column and you can't search by nation anymore. I also used to look at players' DOBs now and then too. They don't even list the players' previous ranking so you can see who's rising and falling! It's crap.
I hadn't noticed yet, but these are very good points. I often did a country search for players, looked at their dob and of course it's nice to see their previous rank. Someone needs to contact them.

ooo h a n t u c h o v a ooo a z a r e n k a ooo s w i l l i a m s ooo v w i l l i a m s ooo k e y s ooo m a t t e k - s a n d s ooo k u z n e t s o v a ooo
matty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 07:56 PM   #63
country flag BillFromRichmond

BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Territory View Post
The rankings page is shit. They've removed the number of tournaments column and you can't search by nation anymore. I also used to look at players' DOBs now and then too. They don't even list the players' previous ranking so you can see who's rising and falling! It's crap.
It is crap. I just started trying to navigate the last few days and it was awful. As stated, you can't see how many tournaments a player played unless you take the results page and count manually one by one! The rankings for each tournament of a player is often wrong. A player may be ranked say 81 at the French Open and then is shown as # 5 in her next tournament and then back to 81 the one after that!
BillFromRichmond is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 07:58 PM   #64
country flag BillFromRichmond

BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.S.L. View Post

I desisted from searching scores there. Now even the past well done "activity" is completely incorrect, one player is ranked #5 a week, and the next is #48, and the other next #3 (and she is Paola suarez )
...and Seles is USA citizen in 1990 ...
x2
BillFromRichmond is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 05:38 AM   #65
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone actually contacted them to complain?

I just did

Fat lots of good that will do..
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 07:53 AM   #66
country flag nathanj594

nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, normally I'm a nice person and I don't use this language much but....
The new scoreboard nonsense is a goddamn worthless joke.
I was watching the Safarova vs. Madison Keys match on the scoreboard because I couldn't find a stream. Well about halfway through the second set beat-down, my scoreboard decides to switch over to some men's match in a completely different tournament. I went back to the main menu and clicked on the tournament and the match wasn't even on the box list thing that they have at the bottom. It completely disappeared. It moved to the completed scores column after it was finished though. The WTA/ITF or whoever the hell runs this mess needs to get their shit together. Okay rant over.

Ree & Vee - Sveta Kuz - Kleybanova
nathanj594 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 11:59 AM   #67
country flag nutu

nutu is just really nice nutu is just really nice nutu is just really nice nutu is just really nice nutu is just really nice nutu is just really nice nutu is just really nice nutu is just really nice nutu is just really nice nutu is just really nice nutu is just really nice

You have here the old rankings pages:
http://origin-www.wtatennis.com/page/RankingsNSingles/
nutu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 12:40 PM   #68
country flag M.A.S.L.

M.A.S.L. has a brilliant future M.A.S.L. has a brilliant future M.A.S.L. has a brilliant future M.A.S.L. has a brilliant future M.A.S.L. has a brilliant future M.A.S.L. has a brilliant future M.A.S.L. has a brilliant future M.A.S.L. has a brilliant future M.A.S.L. has a brilliant future M.A.S.L. has a brilliant future M.A.S.L. has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS View Post
Has anyone actually contacted them to complain?

I just did

Fat lots of good that will do..
Well, in the old web there was a mail to contact, in the new one I couldn't find it.
M.A.S.L. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 12:43 PM   #69
country flag olivero

olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute

The H2H stats are really poor. No tournament stages, no ranking/seeding.
olivero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 01:01 PM   #70
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

On a player's Stats page you can see her YTD W/L but what if you want to see her W/L for last year? On the old version you could see that at the bottom of the Results page but not anymore.

Last edited by C. W. Fields : Jan 7th, 2013 at 01:06 PM.
C. W. Fields is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 01:13 PM   #71
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutu View Post
You have here the old rankings pages:
http://origin-www.wtatennis.com/page/RankingsNSingles/
the site is actually updated from latest news and stuff. I think this shows that the current and new site is sort of an experimental one.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 05:03 AM   #72
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

I got a reply to my email. They say they "are working on bringing back the old features" re the rankings list.

Hopefully that applies to the rest of the site too
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 11:10 AM   #73
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS View Post
I got a reply to my email. They say they "are working on bringing back the old features" re the rankings list.

Hopefully that applies to the rest of the site too
Yeah they have been saying it for a month

Sent from my iPod touch using VS Free
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 04:54 PM   #74
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

It could not be more crap

Rankings page horrible, scores site horrible, no order of play, live scoreboard horrible, player`s activity horrible, draws not updated. And I could go on. Such a FAIL. Completely unacceptable.

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 !
rucolo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 05:01 PM   #75
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute

They made some progress on the rankings page but still not user-friendly.
Just copy the ATP and put in in pink/purple.

Everytime I put my "arrow" on the Scores and Stats things, the "preview" of recent results is Q2R action from Hobart but when you click on it's it's up to date.
Wiggly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote