Does anyone else think the new WTA site is crap..you can't. - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 15th, 2012, 04:08 AM   #16
country flag cowsonice

cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future
Re: Does anyone else think the new WTA site is crap..you can't.

Wait, people still use the WTA tennis site?

Faves: Sharapova, Hantuchova, Safarova, Goerges
GO BEARS!
cowsonice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 15th, 2012, 04:26 AM   #17
country flag Vefci Y
You are not likeable,but I like you

Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of

I like the old one,new one just suck

Jankovic~Govortsova~Minella~Tsurenko~Giorgi~
Oprandi~Radwanska~Li~Mayr~Voegele

Golovin-A.Bondarenko-Safina-Vakulenko-Sprem-Dulko
Vefci Y is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2012, 04:45 AM   #18
country flag Lucyxx

Lucyxx has a reputation beyond repute Lucyxx has a reputation beyond repute Lucyxx has a reputation beyond repute Lucyxx has a reputation beyond repute Lucyxx has a reputation beyond repute Lucyxx has a reputation beyond repute Lucyxx has a reputation beyond repute Lucyxx has a reputation beyond repute Lucyxx has a reputation beyond repute Lucyxx has a reputation beyond repute Lucyxx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Territory View Post
you can't search by nation anymore
I miss this feature too.

Seems WTA is going for looks rather than substance.
aif.ru/news khl.ru ria.ru wtatour.ru rsport.ru soccer.ru gotennis.ru e-tennis.tv tenistv.tv publico.pt foinse.ie tagesschau.de spiegel.de elperiodico.com/es elmundo.es akualne.centrum.cz/zpravy foglio.it iltempo.it humanite.fr leparisien.fr korrespondent.net novostimira.com.ua gazeta.pl tvn24.pl ynet.co.il calcalist.co.il lajmpress.com lajmonline.com yasater.d1g.com bbc.co.uk/arabic a1plus.am/am aravot.am nn.by xezerxeber.com dr.dk/nyheder mediafax.ro n-telegraaf.nl delfi.ee yle.fi/uutiset javanonline.ir ujsag.lap.hu erdiujsag.com mbl.is/frettir
nepszava.hu beo.ie vaterland.li gazzetta.gr ekspress.ee ed.nl
Lucyxx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2012, 06:43 AM   #19
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

The activity section when trying to check results is a hot mess.

You also can't search the rankings by country anymore.
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2012, 12:22 PM   #20
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute

OP is spot-on. The new interface is indeed rubbish.

Now I have to click more times and hop around extra and be forced to read something I didnt' ask, just to come to the singles ranking list (no more mouseover driven dropdown menu access like the old interface)

And as others have already indicated, multiple columns have disappeared (like the ranking of previous week and nr. of tournaments) and country sorting/filtering is no longer possible.

Basically the redesign is mostly cosmetic - with flashy colors and backgrounds. But content and user-friendliness wise, it's a step backwards. On the other hand this is good news for private tennis sites, as they'll get more traffic.
Raiden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2012, 01:04 PM   #21
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOS View Post
even print out the ranking like beofre nor the calnder...when I went to email this to WTA, the email doens't work either....

The old site wans't great but this is very busy and not user friendly...
http://www.wtatennis.com/press-center
Singles - Numerical Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Territory View Post
The rankings page is shit. They've removed the number of tournaments column and you can't search by nation anymore. I also used to look at players' DOBs now and then too. They don't even list the players' previous ranking so you can see who's rising and falling! It's crap.
Singles - Country Rankings
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2012, 01:20 PM   #22
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

I saw that but it's still not the same. There's no comparison to previous rankings and being on a PDF there's no hyperlinks or further navigations. And no DOB either. And you can't see they unranked players that have WTA points like you used to. And I don't want a 28 page PDF when I just want to look at the top ranked players in just one country.
Old Dec 17th, 2012, 06:47 PM   #23
country flag fluffyelloballz
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold

The results page says 'there is too much data'.
Bad for trying to do research on players

http://guardianlv.com/2014/07/serena...o-save-season/
Serena Williams needs a Great U.S Open Series to Save Season
fluffyelloballz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2012, 11:25 AM   #24
country flag Viennalover

Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of

needs time to fix the whole mess...
hope we see better one in new year.
Viennalover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2012, 11:57 PM   #25
country flag KarlyM*

KarlyM* is a splendid one to behold KarlyM* is a splendid one to behold KarlyM* is a splendid one to behold KarlyM* is a splendid one to behold KarlyM* is a splendid one to behold KarlyM* is a splendid one to behold KarlyM* is a splendid one to behold KarlyM* is a splendid one to behold KarlyM* is a splendid one to behold KarlyM* is a splendid one to behold KarlyM* is a splendid one to behold

I was trying to find a nice list of the 2013 tournaments, but that was enough to make me nearly destroy my computer monitor. Can't they at least put a pdf file of the calendar up?

The new H2H makes my computer freeze up for some reason...
KarlyM* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2012, 04:49 AM   #26
country flag HOS

HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of

so i emailed them and said 1, it is great i can email you now bc i coldnt earlier this week, 2. maybe it would be a good idea to reintrocude having the printable rankings from the rankings page (TBE< I had worked out you could get prinatble from that place too) and 3. howsz about the printable calender...I got a response pretty much within the hour saying they are working on it.....fingers crossed....maybe i should send the link to this forum so all out "concerns" could be adressed ...hahaha
HOS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2012, 12:54 PM   #27
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

New design, is still can be fixed, it looks more appealing though, but yeah its not user friendly.
dencod16 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2012, 01:17 PM   #28
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoiledEgg View Post
PDF only?

What's next? They'll make it available in Telex?
Raiden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2012, 02:57 PM   #29
country flag doujyr

doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by effedcamel View Post
The massive banner at the top really ruins the feel of the site on a 13" monitor at least. It's such a huge space sucker that it makes the rest of the site feel busier and more annoying than it really is
all new websites seem to assume users have big monitors and screen resolutions these days, not the 1024 x 768 any more. mainly because the designers do! so those still on 1024 x 768 are scrolling up and down like crazy to see everything.
doujyr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2012, 03:03 PM   #30
country flag doujyr

doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of

i have to scroll down 3 screenfuls to see everything! whereas it was almost all on one screen before.
doujyr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote