Predict who will win the 2013 head-to-head between Sharapova and Azarenka - Page 9 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 15th, 2012, 03:13 PM   #121
country flag Leo St

Leo St has a reputation beyond repute Leo St has a reputation beyond repute Leo St has a reputation beyond repute Leo St has a reputation beyond repute Leo St has a reputation beyond repute Leo St has a reputation beyond repute Leo St has a reputation beyond repute Leo St has a reputation beyond repute Leo St has a reputation beyond repute Leo St has a reputation beyond repute Leo St has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Predict who will win the 2013 head-to-head between Sharapova and Azarenka

either way i think the tennis fan benefits from this rivalry.. its so heated at the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by saint2 View Post
V Williams is like 63453 years old.
Leo St is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 15th, 2012, 03:31 PM   #122
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monzanator View Post
Don't you worry, mate I've long come to terms with her not winning a single match anywhere against WS, Azarenka, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber and Wozniacki. Sharapova is the ultimate punchbag of the current WTA Top 10 and even Top 20 if you add Lisicki She can only win matches if the draw opens up for her and she receives a cakewalk into GS QF or anywhere else. It's a fact, period.
don't forget that she only wins matches because of her loud intimidating screaming, which prevents much more talented likes of Radwanska, Kvitova and etc from displaying their all- arround multiple skills too Not to mention she pushes as hell and can't hit winners for shit...there was never such a lousy player with a career slam next to her name...LIKE EVER. What a sham and media creation she is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 05:42 PM   #123
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Your delusions amuse me
Too easy. I'll let Bradley supply your endless collection of quotes from one time or another about how Wozniacki was guaranteed to be the best player of her generation, how Wozniacki would finish 2012 as #1, how Azarenka was going to beat Serena in every one of their matches this year, how it was impossible for Maria to beat Vika at the YEC, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Daviator View Post
at people thinking Maria will beat Vika more times in 2013 than in her entire career

The 'usual' which is Azarenka beating Maria quite comfortably will continue, of course there will always be exceptions to the rule, hence Maria's odd wins here and there, but it'll be one-sided once again for Vika. It's simply a fundamental match-up issue. Unless Maria is painting the lines on every second shot (Stuttgart), she just can't hit through Vika.
Again, the YEC shows this isn't true While Maria played very well in that match, she wasn't at the outrageously good level she was in Stuttgart. While she might not be able to play at that fantastic level that often, I don't see why she couldn't in theory ( in theory ) conjure up the level she was at in their YEC match on a semi-regular basis when she plays Vika

(And let's not seriously try and use the "Extremely Tired" excuse )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustachepova View Post
Do you like anyone?
I think s/he is one of the strange influx of extra-obnoxious Vikastans that has suddenly been appearing this offseason
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 05:47 PM   #124
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
don't forget that she only wins matches because of her loud intimidating screaming, which prevents much more talented likes of Radwanska, Kvitova and etc from displaying their all- arround multiple skills too Not to mention she pushes as hell and can't hit winners for shit...there was never such a lousy player with a career slam next to her name...LIKE EVER. What a sham and media creation she is
what is more she won 4 fluke Grand Slams and some irrelevant tournaments like Yec, IW , Rome , whereas Vika won 1 legitimate Slam + 5th Slam Miami(twice) + 5.1 Slam Beijing - total 4 non-fluke Slams

As for 2013 i think that their first match in the season will be very important. If Masha wins it , she may turn into domination in this match-up, if she loses she may still make a revenge during clay season. Azarenka should try not to lose on hard courts, otherwise Masha will start beating her everywhere

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 05:48 PM   #125
country flag Vartan

Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute

Azarenka fans are so delusional, . She is not some future great.

Vartan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 05:55 PM   #126
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartan View Post
True, she already is now

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 05:57 PM   #127
country flag Vartan

Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute

As is Ivanovic. Makes sense then. If they are greats, Sharapova is a legend and for this same reason Williams fans call her Godrena.

Old Dec 15th, 2012, 05:58 PM   #128
country flag Jeffery

Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold

I have no doubt.

Maria will lead the 2013 h2h 4-1.
Jeffery is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 06:18 PM   #129
country flag Steven.

Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute

lmfao at all of this 1 dimensional talk because there's actually a lot more behind each groundstroke than just hitting it for one.

And besides, pretty much all players are one dimensional by TF definition. Just because they can hit a couple of different shots now and then doesn't make them NOT one dimensional. Most players don't even have a reliable plan B to fall back; it's such a myth that most players have a reliable plan B. And for crying out loud, Stosur isn't one dimensional? She can hit a few flashy bh dtl winners every now and then, just as often as Maria hits nice lob and drop shots, but that doesn't make her any less one dimensional.

Besides, by TF definition, wasn't all time greats like Seles, Graf, Venus, to name a few, quite one dimensional? Watch each and every one of their match and you can pretty much predict what they are going to do 99% of the time but they are FABULOUS at what they do and that's all that matters.

The only "non-one dimensional" greats since the 90s are probably Novotna, ASV (TF would call her a one dimensional pusher tho probs), Hingis, Henin, Serena, Mauresmo, Kvitova.

Anyway on topic, I bet they won't meet much at all. I assume Kvitova will just rise to form again and snatch Vika's wig over and over and the y.e. top 3 will hopefully be some combination of maria, kvitova, serena.
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 06:21 PM   #130
country flag Monzanator
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Cute sarcasm... if that's your way to hide from reality so be it
The reality is that Azarenka only loses to Sharapova when she is injured (Stuttgart and Istanbul). I don't have to use any forms of sarcasm to talk about so-called reality and I stand by h2h 6-0 in Azarenka's favor. What would you want me to say? That Sharapova will blow Azarenka away so you can make fun at my delusions? Neah, sorry to disappoint you but I support Azarenka in this h2h but even she will have some trouble to replicate Serena's eight year winning streak. In this case no matter how hard Azarenka tries, she won't reach the Serena level of owning Maria's ass. You'd like to see Azarenka being #1 in everything important and I imagine every Sharapova hater likes her to eat bagels from someone like Azarenka but Serena has hit it out of the ballpark long time ago. Azarenka is just a mere impostor, at least when Serena was injured, she still led 4-0 in the decider, that's guts, not quitting and making it look like you're asking for a wheelchair exit in public.
TT: Winner - (Singles) Tashkent 2012; (Doubles) - (w/Broseghini) Cuneo 100k '10; (w/Peek-A-Boo) Contrexeville 50k '10; (w/JustPetko) Bucharest 75k '10, Nantes 50k '10, Marbella '11, Washington '11, Linz '11, Istanbul YEC '11, Opole 25K '11, Pattaya City '12, Tashkent '12, Pune 125k '12, Memphis '13, Carlsbad '13, Marrakech '14, Washington '14
Monzanator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 06:39 PM   #131
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
As for 2013 i think that their first match in the season will be very important. If Masha wins it , she may turn into domination in this match-up, if she loses she may still make a revenge during clay season. Azarenka should try not to lose on hard courts, otherwise Masha will start beating her everywhere

Old Dec 15th, 2012, 07:18 PM   #132
country flag Leo St

Leo St has a reputation beyond repute Leo St has a reputation beyond repute Leo St has a reputation beyond repute Leo St has a reputation beyond repute Leo St has a reputation beyond repute Leo St has a reputation beyond repute Leo St has a reputation beyond repute Leo St has a reputation beyond repute Leo St has a reputation beyond repute Leo St has a reputation beyond repute Leo St has a reputation beyond repute

well congrats on d-sanders for this thread because trully there couldnt be a less conclusive end of the season for the vika-masha match up.. vika dominated the whole season but masha handled her confortably when the curtains were closin. for sure this will be uped after every match they play in the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by saint2 View Post
V Williams is like 63453 years old.
Leo St is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 07:43 PM   #133
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute
Maria with her real serve is no match for Vika.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App

Last edited by doomsday : Dec 15th, 2012 at 08:14 PM.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 09:30 PM   #134
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartan View Post
Define "great".

If you think someone like Maria is a "great", then yeah I'd predict Azarenka will be considered a "great" at the end of her career.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 10:02 PM   #135
country flag Vartan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Define "great".

If you think someone like Maria is a "great", then yeah I'd predict Azarenka will be considered a "great" at the end of her career.
What makes you think she is guaranteed a career slam?