Predict who will win the 2013 head-to-head between Sharapova and Azarenka - Page 8 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 15th, 2012, 12:47 PM   #106
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Predict who will win the 2013 head-to-head between Sharapova and Azarenka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post

Radwanska is still the only one who can benefit significantly from her variety, but it was all useless until she improved her serve (more than anything) and her groundstrokes.
When we compare the current No.2 and current No.4 to each other, Maria Sharapova and Agnieszka Radwanska had only two head-to-head matches in 2012. Radwanska was better in Miami Final (7-5, 6-4) and Sharapova was better in YEC match (5-7,7-5,7-5). Both of them also reached finals on grass, Aga at the Wimbledon Championships (loss to Serena Williams 1-6, 7-5, 2-6) and Maria at the Summer Olympics (loss to Serena Williams 0-6, 1-6).

If we see well-rested and recharged Radwanska in 2013, she might cause lots of troubles for Sharapova, or at least for very long matches. Hopefully Aga doesn´t have to wear the bandage on her shoulder anymore.
Exordes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 15th, 2012, 01:16 PM   #107
country flag blistering

blistering is a glorious beacon of light blistering is a glorious beacon of light blistering is a glorious beacon of light blistering is a glorious beacon of light blistering is a glorious beacon of light blistering is a glorious beacon of light blistering is a glorious beacon of light blistering is a glorious beacon of light blistering is a glorious beacon of light blistering is a glorious beacon of light blistering is a glorious beacon of light

Sharapova needed to exorcise her Miami demons and she did just that in Istanbul. Future matches won't be nearly as hard for Sharapova to win and she'll need to have a REALLY bad day to lose to Radwanska again.
blistering is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 01:22 PM   #108
country flag TheLegendof

TheLegendof has a brilliant future TheLegendof has a brilliant future TheLegendof has a brilliant future TheLegendof has a brilliant future TheLegendof has a brilliant future TheLegendof has a brilliant future TheLegendof has a brilliant future TheLegendof has a brilliant future TheLegendof has a brilliant future TheLegendof has a brilliant future TheLegendof has a brilliant future

This should actually be a pretty exciting rivalry. Based on 2012 results, I would give Azarenka the edge on hardcourts and Maria the obvious edge on clay. I am actually really hoping for a Wimbledon match between these two, because I would love to see how they match up on grass. I agree that Maria is getting stronger in their hardcourt matches, though, so it should be close. Maybe 4-3 Azarenka?

Vee Townsend Keys Mladenovic
TheLegendof is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 03:04 PM   #109
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by blistering View Post
Sharapova needed to exorcise her Miami demons and she did just that in Istanbul. Future matches won't be nearly as hard for Sharapova to win and she'll need to have a REALLY bad day to lose to Radwanska again.
She's definitely going to lose to Aga more times.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 03:10 PM   #110
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
I predict Maria will win their 2013 H2H 5-2 (which would give her the edge in their Career H2H)
Your delusions amuse me

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 03:16 PM   #111
country flag The Daviator

The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute

at people thinking Maria will beat Vika more times in 2013 than in her entire career

The 'usual' which is Azarenka beating Maria quite comfortably will continue, of course there will always be exceptions to the rule, hence Maria's odd wins here and there, but it'll be one-sided once again for Vika. It's simply a fundamental match-up issue. Unless Maria is painting the lines on every second shot (Stuttgart), she just can't hit through Vika.
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 03:28 PM   #112
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute

Redundant thread.

Peak Vika cannot lose to Masha of any level - she hasn't lost to her in years (when was the last time Vika lost a match outside clay and season endings (when players may have a higher propensity to be tired)?
Raiden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 03:35 PM   #113
country flag Monzanator
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute

Azarenka - Sharapova 6-0, 12-0 sets including 4 bagels
TT: Winner - (Singles) Tashkent 2012; (Doubles) - (w/Broseghini) Cuneo 100k '10; (w/Peek-A-Boo) Contrexeville 50k '10; (w/JustPetko) Bucharest 75k '10, Nantes 50k '10, Marbella '11, Washington '11, Linz '11, Istanbul YEC '11, Opole 25K '11, Pattaya City '12, Tashkent '12, Pune 125k '12, Memphis '13, Carlsbad '13, Marrakech '14, Washington '14
Monzanator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 03:38 PM   #114
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Sharapova will win a match, either on clay or in a YEC-like situation where she takes advantage of the circumstances. But on HC if both are fit and healthy? I don't see it.... so my guess is 4-1.

Her stans should really get used to the idea of her having a negative career H2H, her chances of turning that around are more than slim.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 03:41 PM   #115
country flag Monzanator
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Sharapova will win a match, either on clay or in a YEC-like situation where she takes advantage of the circumstances. But on HC if both are fit and healthy? I don't see it.... so my guess is 4-1.

Her stans should really get used to the idea of her having a negative career H2H, her chances of turning that around are more than slim.
Don't you worry, mate I've long come to terms with her not winning a single match anywhere against WS, Azarenka, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber and Wozniacki. Sharapova is the ultimate punchbag of the current WTA Top 10 and even Top 20 if you add Lisicki She can only win matches if the draw opens up for her and she receives a cakewalk into GS QF or anywhere else. It's a fact, period.
TT: Winner - (Singles) Tashkent 2012; (Doubles) - (w/Broseghini) Cuneo 100k '10; (w/Peek-A-Boo) Contrexeville 50k '10; (w/JustPetko) Bucharest 75k '10, Nantes 50k '10, Marbella '11, Washington '11, Linz '11, Istanbul YEC '11, Opole 25K '11, Pattaya City '12, Tashkent '12, Pune 125k '12, Memphis '13, Carlsbad '13, Marrakech '14, Washington '14
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 03:46 PM   #116
country flag Stevecw

Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future Stevecw has a brilliant future

Maria for sure
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 03:50 PM   #117
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monzanator View Post
Don't you worry, mate I've long come to terms with her not winning a single match anywhere against WS, Azarenka, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber and Wozniacki. Sharapova is the ultimate punchbag of the current WTA Top 10 and even Top 20 if you add Lisicki She can only win matches if the draw opens up for her and she receives a cakewalk into GS QF or anywhere else. It's a fact, period.
Don't forget the rain.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 03:54 PM   #118
country flag Monzanator
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Don't forget the rain.
And opponents' injuries. How could I forgot about them
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 03:57 PM   #119
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Cute sarcasm... if that's your way to hide from reality so be it

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 04:00 PM   #120
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Do you like anyone?

Les reines de Paris.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote