Predict who will win the 2013 head-to-head between Sharapova and Azarenka - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 14th, 2012, 11:04 PM   #91
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Predict who will win the 2013 head-to-head between Sharapova and Azarenka

Quote:
radwanska kvitova and stosur are not one dimentionals.. think of stosur for example.. she can chose how to hit her backhand depending on the match.. radwanska has great hands and use them properly whenever shes confident and kvitova is a great net player.. ill give you errani but thats not even a whole dimension.. more like half
not one-dimentional is only Serena in current WTA tour . Azarenka/Kvitova/Radwanska when their advantages (each has just a few of them) are not working are blown out of the court and look helpless. Azarenka can only outlast her opponents, when they are beating her heavily (like vs Cibukova), she can't offer anything more than what she has already shown. As for Serena, she has unlimited reserves....

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 14th, 2012, 11:07 PM   #92
country flag heavyhorse

heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully Istanbul indicates Maria is finally getting used to Azarenka's game so this rivalry can get interesting.

I'm not gonna make a figure prediction but I will say that I think it's gonna be a close H2H.
heavyhorse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 11:35 PM   #93
country flag ZeroSumGame

ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
that's because this forum is fickle and is dominated by WS tards, who can't even grasp that 32 years old player cannot dominate all season long without getting injured or completely burning out... For all the great runs Williams had in the second part of the season, she was a non-factor on slow surfaces earlier in the year and was conserving her energy for fast slams. And even then she could have easily lost a Wimby match to Zheng, who choked like a rookie when she had 3 BP's to go 5-3 up in the final set...of course nobody remembers it now coz their "baby gurl" somehow escaped yet again, but the point still stands. Maria and Vika were both much more consistent and deservedly are ranked 1 and 2 in the world. I personally expect them to play in AO final yet again with Maria taking a revenge this time arround
Rankings mean nothing, perennial arse shellackings on the big stage while snatching slams & medals is what matters ...and how did Kvitova choke away the 2012AO semi final? I'm sure if it was her against Vika, she wouldn't have eaten a bagel
ZeroSumGame is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 11:43 PM   #94
country flag Leo St

Leo St has a reputation beyond repute Leo St has a reputation beyond repute Leo St has a reputation beyond repute Leo St has a reputation beyond repute Leo St has a reputation beyond repute Leo St has a reputation beyond repute Leo St has a reputation beyond repute Leo St has a reputation beyond repute Leo St has a reputation beyond repute Leo St has a reputation beyond repute Leo St has a reputation beyond repute

ive gone through this in my head some times and for me, theres no shame for maria to only be able to ballbash.. thats her gameplan and what shes good at.. would she benefit from more variety? sure, but her main game brought her success and lets face it, shes probably the best ever at how she plays.. but that is and will ever be a spot for dislikers to pick on and youll have to live with that.. and saying that other players like stosur are one dimentional wont make a difference imo.. for me, stosur has many dimentions to her game, she can ball bash, she can hit defensive shots with her slices, she can survive at the net, adds many spins to her balls.. and STILL, is worst than "dimensionless" sharapova.. so theres the thing for you to focus on, players may have a thousand "dimensions" but your girl is bending them at her will with just one

Quote:
Originally Posted by saint2 View Post
V Williams is like 63453 years old.
Leo St is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 11:57 PM   #95
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo St View Post
ive gone through this in my head some times and for me, theres no shame for maria to only be able to ballbash.. thats her gameplan and what shes good at.. would she benefit from more variety?
It's not a secret that she has to ballbash, she just has to ballbash smarter against Vika.
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 12:00 AM   #96
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
Maria with her one-dimensional game isn't able to adapt anything.
Thank you for proving my point that Maria doesn't get enough credit for her ability to adapt

For the record, adapting your game doesn't just mean throwing in slices or charging the net. Go and watch Maria's matches against both Kerber and Li in Beijing this year -- she had two pretty starkly-different gameplans just in those two back-to-back matches.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 12:07 AM   #97
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejmeglekvár View Post
"she can chose how to hit her BH"
Yes, when she has time she can try a risky DTL and fails many times. Stole her time she is back to square one. Entirely depends on her opponent. And what can she do?

Radwanska has nice touch and moves well, okay. What else?

Kvitova goes to the net. And? Will she hit less UE? Will she move better?

BS excuses. Most of the players have limited technical and physical skills, limiting their on court strategies.
You dont see Radwanska ballbashing. Everyone is so full with her brilliant touch, do you think she wouldn't trade it for the ability to win actual slams with ballbashing? Or for being 6'-6'2" and have physical advantage?

One-dimensional. 90% or more of the players.
Harsh, but kinda true. It's not even about the players, it's the surfaces that force them to be one-dimensional, it's the same with ATP. Federer for sure has variety in his game, but those "one-dimensional" players beat him more often than not. The era of edbergs and navratilovas is over, let's move on.

Radwanska is still the only one who can benefit significantly from her variety, but it was all useless until she improved her serve (more than anything) and her groundstrokes.
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 02:50 AM   #98
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejmeglekvár View Post
Only thing Azarenka adapts are fake injuries and ugliness.

In that case she's in good company with Maria
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 03:14 AM   #99
country flag TheDream

TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In that case she's in good company with Maria
Matt who do you dislike more, Serena or Maria?
TheDream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 03:21 AM   #100
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSumGame View Post
Rankings mean nothing, perennial arse shellackings on the big stage while snatching slams & medals is what matters ...and how did Kvitova choke away the 2012AO semi final? I'm sure if it was her against Vika, she wouldn't have eaten a bagel
bish please...
Barktra's slow azz was kicked to the ground in the first set of that encounter before Maria decided to serve like crap again and give a close scrapfest to aussie spectators That match was NID, just like all meaningful matches between the two will be from now on. And Vuvurenka was on absolute fire in that tournament, so there's no way the GOAT of unforced errors would have won
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 03:40 AM   #101
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDream View Post
Matt who do you dislike more, Serena or Maria?

Venus.
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 04:48 AM   #102
country flag TheDream

TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Venus.
Oh Matty, Venus is irrelevant now. Even her most ardent haters don't even care about her now, so answer the question.
TheDream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 05:13 AM   #103
country flag Leo St

Leo St has a reputation beyond repute Leo St has a reputation beyond repute Leo St has a reputation beyond repute Leo St has a reputation beyond repute Leo St has a reputation beyond repute Leo St has a reputation beyond repute Leo St has a reputation beyond repute Leo St has a reputation beyond repute Leo St has a reputation beyond repute Leo St has a reputation beyond repute Leo St has a reputation beyond repute

lol.. venus may have been irrelevant in 2012 because she was working her ranking.. but watch out, shell feed his hate really hard in 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by saint2 View Post
V Williams is like 63453 years old.
Leo St is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 05:15 AM   #104
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

Quote:
lol.. venus may have been irrelevant in 2012 because she was working her ranking.. but watch out, shell feed his hate really hard in 2013
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 11:41 AM   #105
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
ive gone through this in my head some times and for me, theres no shame for maria to only be able to ballbash.. thats her gameplan and what shes good at.. would she benefit from more variety? sure, but her main game brought her success and lets face it, shes probably the best ever at how she plays.. but that is and will ever be a spot for dislikers to pick on and youll have to live with that.. and saying that other players like stosur are one dimentional wont make a difference imo.. for me, stosur has many dimentions to her game, she can ball bash, she can hit defensive shots with her slices, she can survive at the net, adds many spins to her balls.. and STILL, is worst than "dimensionless" sharapova.. so theres the thing for you to focus on, players may have a thousand "dimensions" but your girl is bending them at her will with just one
The shame is the hypocrisy of people, bashing ones and praising others who arent more.

Agree with what your post saying overall.
C. Drone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote