Predict who will win the 2013 head-to-head between Sharapova and Azarenka - Page 31 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 21st, 2012, 06:16 PM   #451
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Predict who will win the 2013 head-to-head between Sharapova and Azarenka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikapower View Post

Instead of worrying about Victoria, who owns her, she should be concerned, from my modest point of view, about these other players who are catching up on her and where her matches against them aren't a 100% certainty anymore. The Kerber in the YEC would have been for example just good enough to defeat the Maria in the Radwanska match, a Maria which occurs many many many... times a year considering her style.
Why were you hiding in the bushes for so long just to write this BS now?

Maria demolished, wiped the floor with doublebagelled Kerber a few weeks before YEC ,and on YEC Martha played better than in Beijing . Kerber is not Radwanska , just check their SF at Wimbledon, these are different matchups vs Masha

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 21st, 2012, 06:18 PM   #452
Miss Atomic Bomb
Legendary

Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
At least Sharapova managed to break Serena in that match and had 5 BP, but Sharapova also had an off serving day in that match with 57% First serve and 8 DF, which were decisive in second set,
By the way, Azarenka in Madrid had only 1 BP vs Serena serving 49% first serve
And Azarenka not only managed to break but take a set off of Serena at the USO when Serena had a similar serving day as the madrid one against Sharapova.

Atleast we can all agree that, it don't matter how Azarenka or Sharapova are playing if Serena is playing half decent. They both will always get

Miss Atomic Bomb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2012, 06:19 PM   #453
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikapower View Post

As a quick introduction, you're still that delusional tennis-wise intellectually incapacitated troll (who fakes liking both Serena and Maria equally) incapable of analyzing players peaks [example extracted of all your other flaws :] when you diligently argued that Serena's wasn't in 1999 but in 2002 and it seems like the imminence of the 24:00 hour midnight mark of the 21st. of December doesn't make you have enough conscience to repent... we should all be sad for your situation in that regards with a minute of silence before we all get silenced out ourselves by that infamous calendar.

I had initially prepared answers for two flaws you stated in your argumentation but I'll 'retard' having reached below the minimums with your relentlessly brilliant ignorance of the game and Victoria. We could horse-hop around 1 billion 'Gangnam times' heading to that indefatigable count-down towards the end like the Indians did in their hey-days calling the rain and you would still be like [...] how do you do... that ?

To this question, Victoria will very easily dominate this H2h and from experiences around -- like in the nearby ATP where most of the top 4 are aggressive-minded counter-punchers, they always take the best on more offensive players (Berdych, Del Potro, Söderling etc.) though they [the BIG 4] do lost matches to them from time to time but in that regards, overall, Victoria with her controlled-offensive style will be riding a comfortable H2h against this and these particular player(s) undoubtedly.

Players who would give the most problems in the future are certainly Kerber types -- ball-bashers do too, but considering they need almost everything to be perfectly aligned to have hope, considering they can't do that tournament in and out then it's pretty logical to think that on the quantity, like 10 matches, Victoria will batter them 8 times out of 10 except in these 2-3 rare matches where they would catch fire [precise answer to the question].

Maria might catch fire 1 or 2 times in 2013 but that wouldn't be enough to win the 8 other matches for example against Victoria -- additionally, intermittent players like Maria are always due to some 'oops I'm in a bad day' upsets, so Maria/Victoria might never happen -- Petrova and/or Bartoli are one of many examples in this year's US Open, Stosur who is more and more competitive with Maria but also Radwanska who apparently has reduced the margin between them, useless thread is useless since Victoria owns Maria.

Instead of worrying about Victoria, who owns her, she should be concerned, from my modest point of view, about these other players who are catching up on her and where her matches against them aren't a 100% certainty anymore. The Kerber in the YEC would have been for example just good enough to defeat the Maria in the Radwanska match, a Maria which occurs many many many... times a year considering her style.
We needed you to end this mess, thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2012, 06:22 PM   #454
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And Azarenka not only managed to break but take a set off of Serena at the USO when Serena had a similar serving day as the madrid one against Sharapova.
can you read? Azarenka didn't manage to make a break and just had 1 BP vs Serena with 49% first serve in Madrid. US open is not blue clay , where Serena even with low % of first serve was untouchable.

WTA Championships 2004

21 weeks #1 player
Old Dec 21st, 2012, 06:27 PM   #455
country flag NashaMasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Maria played lights out paint the line brainless ball bash tennis in that match against Kerber in Beijing, that is an absolute anomaly and will probably never happen again in their future match-ups.
she slayed Stosur in that style in Istanbul either , Radwanska with her anticipation was the only tough opponent apart from Serena at YEC for Masha

Don't forget that the winner of Kerber-Azarenka match was beaten with ease in straights in SF

WTA Championships 2004

21 weeks #1 player
Old Dec 21st, 2012, 06:31 PM   #456
Miss Atomic Bomb
Legendary

Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
can you read? Azarenka didn't manage to make a break and just had 1 BP vs Serena with 49% first serve in Madrid. US open is not blue clay , where Serena even with low % of first serve was untouchable.
And Sharapova managed to break Serena only after she served at 45% in the second set in the madrid and still got mauled 6-1 6-3 in that match. Fact remains, you said Serena has never 'gifted' sharapova a low first serve percentage performance. Which has been proved false.

Miss Atomic Bomb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2012, 06:45 PM   #457
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute

@Nashamasha ; post xxx - on Victoria not being in the league of [...] -- Victoria's 2012 [reinforced by the fact that Maria was an actor-self in one of them at her peak] is greater than any of Maria's best years -- 2012 being substantially Maria's best year ever in her personal history and the fact that she got mostly owned allows substantial doubts on her.

2006, could come slightly above Victoria's 2012 if the competitors at the time were taken into consideration but it's not Victoria's issue that she was born in 1989 or we would be sliding towards a metaphysical debate on procreation.

To balance things equitably, we could also say that Maria never faced Serena in 2006 -- and when Maria faces Serena she looses...

Finally, Victoria's 2012 is greater than Serena's 1999 (Serena's true peak year), 2005, 2006 and on equal par with her 2008 -- though I'd still give the edge to Victoria's 2012. Serena didn't win as much titles, Victoria has 1 SF in Wimbledon to Serena's AO 2008 QF, Serena was the defending champion from 2009 and lost to a player she defeated the same year after in the US Open F when the AO was supposed to be her 'home'.

The sensitive parts, Victoria's 2012 is also greater than Serena's 2009 and 2010 where Serena had for competition in GS F Safina and Zvonareva... additionally, Venus making the 2009's Wimbledon F without having faced Pironkova.

After analyses, I would also place Victoria's 2012 equal to Serena's 2002 ; Serena certainly won 3 majors but the competition she faced was equal to Victoria's 2012 that people denounce so much... she faced baby Justine and Clijters which were roughly the equivalent of Kerber or Radwanska out there at the time. Victoria has equal if not better top 10 ownage and dominated as good too (on the whole picture).

Considering that it was just the entry of her prime doesn't matter if she was owned or not by Serena -- in her peak (which has not been seen yet) results will be significantly better.

While Victoria had to face a stated all-time great to potentially win 2 slams, Serena had to face well [...]

Serena's RG has undergone a significant devaluation with the results she then posted after 2003 in this major up to this date, had Victoria won the US Open, I'd place her 2012 above Serena's 2002 considering Serena would have only been left with 2 majors (in regards to that devaluation) and Serena had only 5 (?) WTA titles.

@Bandabou -- on why the majority of people don't consider Serena relevant in tennis history -- Serena is technically, tennis-wise [strategically, tactically] over-hyped, mainly the medias fault, I recognize. Sharapova has a 'career slam' so as Serena but I'd take Maria's on Serena's considering that it has been demonstrated through out the years that Serena's 2002-2003 was a total and complete fluke in history.

Sharapova has a stronger probability of winning multiple RG than Serena ever will which consolidates her career slam -- Serena's, the asterisk still remains on whether she was really that good or the competition was simply just that bad -- I can understand then that observers who aren't Serena fan-boy's actually doubt her career.

Listen this was a quick insight rapidly scrolling on this thread on the most vocal Vika haters and Serena fans who thought they were Victoria fans when their sole purpose is to bash their most hated female player : Maria --
Vikapower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2012, 06:46 PM   #458
country flag NashaMasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Atomic Bomb View Post
And Sharapova managed to break Serena only after she served at 45% in the second set in the madrid and still got mauled 6-1 6-3 in that match. Fact remains, you said Serena has never 'gifted' sharapova a low first serve percentage performance. Which has been proved false.
fact remains that on slippery surface like that blue ice first serve % matters less than on any other. Maria as well as Azarenka could barely move on it , couln't defend , Serena's groundgame was just perfect for this surface , so it was pretty easy for Serena even with low % of 1st serve to win it,
Us Open is different. Vika managed to lose almost the "same ShakyRena", Stosur beat a year ago.

WTA Championships 2004

21 weeks #1 player
Old Dec 21st, 2012, 06:47 PM   #459
country flag MrProdigy555
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
fact remains that on slippery surface like that blue ice first serve % matters less than on any other. Maria as well as Azarenka could barely move on it , couln't defend , Serena's groundgame was just perfect for this surface , so it was pretty easy for Serena even with low % of 1st serve to win it,
Us Open is different. Vika managed to lose almost the "same ShakyRena", Stosur beat a year ago.
False. Serena's movement was definitely a disadvantage last year. Stop pushing this delusional bullshit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
Don't make me come to T&T to huff and puff and blow your hut down, girl.
Fuck y'all
MrProdigy555 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2012, 06:48 PM   #460
country flag NashaMasha

Quote:
To balance things equitably, we could also say that Maria never faced Serena in 2006 -- and when Maria faces Serena she looses...
Maria has both more wins and more sets won , less matches lost to Serena than you fave. You have to live with it , "expert"

Quote:
False. Serena's movement was definitely a disadvantage last year. Stop pushing this delusional bullshit.
i told that Serena was moving much better on blue clay , that's what i told , i don't know why did you understand what you understood

Quote:
After analyses, I would also place Victoria's 2012 equal to Serena's 2002
After analyses, I would also place this Vikapower's post in top delusional statements ever posted on TF

WTA Championships 2004

21 weeks #1 player
Old Dec 21st, 2012, 06:50 PM   #461
country flag Setsuna.
KaWOW! Leonard.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
sure sure , but she will be extremely injured at least 3 times next year , of course during her matches against Masha which she will lose

It think it will be 3-3 or 3-2 in Masha's favour , Vika will still win some matches vs Crapova/Doublefaultpova and will lose to Goatpova and Claypova
Wah Wah Wah. Keep crying. You won't convince anyone with this BS.

So whenever Vika beats Pova it's because she played crap, was a mental mess... etc but when Maria beats Vika it's beacuse she played well and Vika was just hopless infront of her.

Yeah, you totally convinced me there.
What dumb Pova stans like you don't understand is this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Enfant Sauvage View Post
In the first case it's Serena being smarter and more consistent off the ground, with a light years better serve, better return and better movement. And to the latter part of your statement, a lot of Martha fans seem to fail to grasp that Vika playing her game well doesn't allow Maria to make more winners than errors. Her consistent deep redirected shots draw the errors out. Unfortunately most of TF has this idea that any match is ALWAYS entirely on the racket of the more aggressive player, when that isn't always the case. And what is true in BOTH cases is that neither Serena nor Vika are intimidated of Sharapova and will not be bullied into punking out in a third set(when Pova's playing well enough to bring it to one.)

Chakvetadze Barthel Kerber Bencic Pavlyuchenkova Halep Muguruza Lottner
Setsuna. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2012, 06:50 PM   #462
country flag RenaPova

RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeJJ View Post
Now this is cute. You go and try to read me and then post this "illogical" shit. If you take away all the matches after Wimby and YEC 04 (sans AO 05) in which Maria was a "mental mess" her H2H with Serena would be 2-2. Take a fucking seat, seriously.

I figured Masha fans were just like this. Kinda predictable.

But it is bullshit excuses. If we could just not count matches where players were a "mental mess" everyone who have a winning H2H. New flash fucking idiot, tennis is more a mental sport than a physical sport. So no, we can't look over when a player was a mental mess because they did it playing another player and for whatever reason caused them to be beaten, be it from being intimidated, not being able to figure how to beat there opponent, being nervous, the list can go on. In sum any of the reasons for a player to be a "mental mess" is caused in some way by the opponent, even if is the opponent taking advantage of this mental laps a player is having. It does take much for momentum to turn. So every match is included, always. Unless of course no one can deter Maria's mental capabilities and she just beats herself all the time, forgive me for not realizing her greatness.

Maria will be a "mental mess" again playing Vika and will be pwned, but of course we'll over look that until Maria beats Vika on clay once.

Not you trying me with this stale-ass logic.

I see you stay taking my arguments out of context to suit your own purposes. The fact that you're comparing Azarenka to Serena in the level that they can cause Maria to be a mess is sheer desperation.

I have not and will not say that you should discount the matches from the h2h. But you and the other Vika stans STAYED trying us by calling Maria stans "defensive, delusional and in denial" as if it's a given that Azarenka will win the h2h next year?

Maria was a mess and couldn't deal with Azarenka in AO and IW. But it's fair to discount those matches WHEN you're trying to predict who will win the h2h next year since now the problem isn't mental for Maria, it's just a case of she loses when she starts playing badly/runs out of gas (like in USO and Beijing).

BASED on that, there is no reason why you basic ass Vika stans should believe that she will be beaten constantly next year.

Is it that hard for you to understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Break My Rapture View Post
Why was Maria a mental mess in those matches? She was high on confidence after avenging her Wimbledon final loss to Kvitova in the AO semis, albeit the quality of play wasn't very outstanding in that match. She fought through tough battles against Lisicki and Kerber (the scoreline defies the truth in the latter) so mentally she was in a confident state of mind and not nearing exhaustion because those matches weren't that close eventually. Same situation in IW, where she only had to fight through her match against Kirilenko and didn't even have to finish off Ivanovic in the semis. If anything, it was Maria's TENNIS that wasn't up to par in the latter stages of those tournaments. At the AO she started the tournament off really well only to go off the boil after the Kerber match, afterwards raising her level against Makarova and eventually peaking in the first set against Kvitova. In IW Maria's tennis throughout the tournament wasn't that spectacular.

If you're going to try explaining, do it right. The only thing that hints at a mental messy state of mind in this match-up is the fact that Azarenka was the better player in both those matches and Maria had too much pressure on her to make something happen, which led to Maria squandering the chances she had in those matches.
You just answered your own question there.

Maria was a mental mess and her game at the beginning of 2012 wasn't as good as Azarenka's. If her game was better she might have been able to fight through, but for some reason the pressure was too much and her game wasn't there, but to say it was all down to her game given the scoreline is stupid.

But the thing is she improved since AO and IW while Vika has stayed stagnant (and you could say her serve has gotten worse). So it's fair to assume that Maria will make it competitive at least, no?

Their last few meetings this year showed this
RenaPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2012, 06:52 PM   #463
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Vikapower's back y'all
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2012, 07:03 PM   #464
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Maria to beat her at AO, French Open, Tokyo and WTA Champs whereas Vika to win at US Open and Beijing.
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2012, 07:04 PM   #465
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Vikapower!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.M View Post
Maria to beat her at AO, French Open, Tokyo and WTA Champs whereas Vika to win at US Open and Beijing.
Please stop being so on topic. Thank you.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote