Predict who will win the 2013 head-to-head between Sharapova and Azarenka - Page 13 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 16th, 2012, 11:59 AM   #181
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future
Re: Predict who will win the 2013 head-to-head between Sharapova and Azarenka

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandabou View Post
Ah please...what's with this non-sense? Masha went 2 years without so much a final, then she nabbed major nr 2 and then other 2 years for no.3, then FOUR years without winning one..so why are you guys all over Vika?

Let's wait out and see how Vika plays this out.
Such a pure talent.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 16th, 2012, 12:53 PM   #182
country flag ReboundAce

ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
Maria's game on grass isn't weak, I liked what I saw in OG against Lisicki(a very big hitter and big server as well) and Clijsters.
It's true that grass became her worst surface and she can be easily rushed especially on the FH side by the biggest hitters sth Azarenka isn't though.
Azarenka's serve is even more attackable on grass, her ROS are even less effective than on HC her timing is really different not to mention that she can't generate pace and redirect it as well as she can on HC.

You can't forget sth you don't know
Still very constructive by your side, but i don't see Maria as the same player she was few years ago before the surgery...when if it wasn't for Venus to beat her on two ocasions(in London) she probably would have lifted the dish two more times, but still she loves Wimbledon more than any other GS and is not able to produce a grass game, which means grass doesn't suit her anymore
ReboundAce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 01:41 PM   #183
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReboundAce View Post
Still very constructive by your side, but i don't see Maria as the same player she was few years ago before the surgery...when if it wasn't for Venus to beat her on two ocasions(in London) she probably would have lifted the dish two more times, but still she loves Wimbledon more than any other GS and is not able to produce a grass game, which means grass doesn't suit her anymore
I don't either, the surgery is part of it but there is also the fact that she is not playing on the surface as much as she used to. Since 2006, grass isn't Maria's best surface anymore IMO she adjusted her game to HC a lot more back in the day which was normal considering she was playing a lot more tournaments on the surface.
Her game now suits slow HC and clay more than the fastest surfaces but when we know that there are only few fast tournaments left it's only natural to see her making adjustments to those surfaces. She is a contender at every major with this tennis but Wimbledon will be more difficult to win again that's for sure but I prefer the way it is, I like Hodg's approach with Maria's tennis someone like Kvitova will have to do the very same to shine everywhere so far only the fastest surfaces are her kindergarden.

Last edited by doomsday : Dec 16th, 2012 at 02:38 PM.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 03:37 PM   #184
country flag Monzanator
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Really? Sharapova "was after injury" at the AO? That's your excuse.... jesus. Stans like you deserve every beating she receives because you`re obviously unwilling to acknowledge reality.
So do all the Azarenka fans who always claim she only loses matches when she's injured. The boot is also on the other foot unless apart from being a bandwagoner you're also a hypocrite and I can perfectly see why

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
She's not a good athlete, and she has a limited variety of shots at her disposal. She achieves what she does through hard work and determination, which is totally commendable, it just gets a bit odd when her fans disparage other players for doing the same.
You didn't answer the question and I can understand why Winning Wimbledon at 17 blows all the haters out of the water straight away cause they know their fave has never done that and never will unless Vekic pulls the rabbit out of the hat

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyhorse View Post
The Azarenka fans have gotten so cocky with Maria. It would be funny if in 2013 Maria started crushing her. That would make the rivalry much more interesting, especially between fans.
Yes, they have. Wozniacki fans acted the same especially after that USO and IW matches. But look where they are now. Either silent as a bunny or bandwagoning Azarenka and pretending to be long-time fans. Hogwash and hypocrisy at it's peak

Quote:
Ah please...what's with this non-sense? Masha went 2 years without so much a final, then she nabbed major nr 2 and then other 2 years for no.3, then FOUR years without winning one..so why are you guys all over Vika?

Let's wait out and see how Vika plays this out.
Vika will play this out against much weaker field than Maria was forced to after her Wimbledon win. So this comparison makes no sense. For me Serena, Venus, Clijsters, Henin, Davenport, Mauresmo >>>>> Serena, Radwanska, Wozniacki, Li and Kvitova. Unless you disagree?
TT: Winner - (Singles) Tashkent 2012; (Doubles) - (w/Broseghini) Cuneo 100k '10; (w/Peek-A-Boo) Contrexeville 50k '10; (w/JustPetko) Bucharest 75k '10, Nantes 50k '10, Marbella '11, Washington '11, Linz '11, Istanbul YEC '11, Opole 25K '11, Pattaya City '12, Tashkent '12, Pune 125k '12, Memphis '13, Carlsbad '13, Marrakech '14, Washington '14
Monzanator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 03:43 PM   #185
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monzanator View Post

Vika will play this out against much weaker field than Maria was forced to after her Wimbledon win. So this comparison makes no sense. For me Serena, Venus, Clijsters, Henin, Davenport, Mauresmo >>>>> Serena, Radwanska, Wozniacki, Li and Kvitova. Unless you disagree?
But Maria's playing against the same field Azarenka is now and is still unable to win more than one slam every couple years.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 03:45 PM   #186
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ah please...what's with this non-sense? then FOUR years without winning one..so why are you guys all over Vika?
how stupid a poster should be not to understand that players on surgery table and some time after it can't win Slams

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 03:49 PM   #187
country flag blistering

blistering is a glorious beacon of light blistering is a glorious beacon of light blistering is a glorious beacon of light blistering is a glorious beacon of light blistering is a glorious beacon of light blistering is a glorious beacon of light blistering is a glorious beacon of light blistering is a glorious beacon of light blistering is a glorious beacon of light blistering is a glorious beacon of light blistering is a glorious beacon of light

I get the feeling bandabou posts even more about Maria than her own stans I mean he's covering EVERY single thread about her and then some. His ability to bring Maria into unrelated threads is mighty impressive
blistering is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 04:28 PM   #188
country flag Monzanator
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
But Maria's playing against the same field Azarenka is now and is still unable to win more than one slam every couple years.
Makes no difference, it was about Azarenka playing it out, not Sharapova Sharapova has nothing to prove anymore even is she doesn't win a single match on the tour again.

Besides I've said before I don't expect Sharapova to win a single title again on hard and grass surfaces and we only have one GS on clay these days so it's obvious she stands no chance of winning multiple slams per year And you've said Sharapova is "no pure talent", so that confirms your logic anyway
TT: Winner - (Singles) Tashkent 2012; (Doubles) - (w/Broseghini) Cuneo 100k '10; (w/Peek-A-Boo) Contrexeville 50k '10; (w/JustPetko) Bucharest 75k '10, Nantes 50k '10, Marbella '11, Washington '11, Linz '11, Istanbul YEC '11, Opole 25K '11, Pattaya City '12, Tashkent '12, Pune 125k '12, Memphis '13, Carlsbad '13, Marrakech '14, Washington '14
Monzanator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 05:42 PM   #189
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monzanator View Post
Nice..but the last two of Maria's wins have come against Ivanovic and Errani, so it ain't like she was really tearing it apart against the older generation, no?!
Serena Williams: Greatest African-American tennisplayer in history
17 majors:5255

Official Prince of the Royal Court
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 05:53 PM   #190
country flag blistering

blistering is a glorious beacon of light blistering is a glorious beacon of light blistering is a glorious beacon of light blistering is a glorious beacon of light blistering is a glorious beacon of light blistering is a glorious beacon of light blistering is a glorious beacon of light blistering is a glorious beacon of light blistering is a glorious beacon of light blistering is a glorious beacon of light blistering is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Nice..but the last two of Maria's wins have come against Ivanovic and Errani, so it ain't like she was really tearing it apart against the older generation, no?!
She ended Henin's 30+ win streak at the 2008 AO. She also beat Dementieva, Ivanovic and Jankovic in the peak years of their respective careers.

Her draw in RG was fairly easy but she backed it up by beating everybody and their mamas on real, red clay that season, so picking up the Suzanne Lenglen trophy was a mere formality after that. Aside form the 4th round shitfest against Klara, she demolished everyone. Sharapova was a lock for the title, and her lone loss that claycourt season came at the hands of her master Williams in that weird clay where Serena looks somewhat relevant.
blistering is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 05:59 PM   #191
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by blistering View Post
I get the feeling bandabou posts even more about Maria than her own stans I mean he's covering EVERY single thread about her and then some. His ability to bring Maria into unrelated threads is mighty impressive
he's such an obvious Mashenka stan it just screams from all of his posts
It's only a matter of time before he comes out of the closet me thinks...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 06:12 PM   #192
country flag Toxic

Toxic has much to be proud of Toxic has much to be proud of Toxic has much to be proud of Toxic has much to be proud of Toxic has much to be proud of Toxic has much to be proud of Toxic has much to be proud of Toxic has much to be proud of Toxic has much to be proud of Toxic has much to be proud of Toxic has much to be proud of

Vika 4-0 including 2 bagels
Toxic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 06:50 PM   #193
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

so true
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 06:53 PM   #194
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
well, well..look who we got here?! Which formerly banned Mashatard are you?!

Old Dec 16th, 2012, 06:56 PM   #195
bandabou

Quote:
She ended Henin's 30+ win streak at the 2008 AO. She also beat Dementieva, Ivanovic and Jankovic in the peak years of their respective careers.

Her draw in RG was fairly easy but she backed it up by beating everybody and their mamas on real, red clay that season, so picking up the Suzanne Lenglen trophy was a mere formality after that. Aside form the 4th round shitfest against Klara, she demolished everyone. Sharapova was a lock for the title, and her lone loss that claycourt season came at the hands of her master Williams in that weird clay where Serena looks somewhat relevant.
and Vika beat Masha to win her first major..so it ain't like she beat a nobody, no?
Let's wait out and see what Vika does next year, before she's made out to be one slam wonder. All I'm saying.