which young player is most dangerous to top players? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who?

Sloane Stephens 12 20.34%
Garbine Muguruza 1 1.69%
Monica Puig 2 3.39%
Laura Robson 16 27.12%
Madison Keys 8 13.56%
Donna Vekic 15 25.42%
other 5 8.47%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 06:06 PM   #1
country flag GOyoungUSA

GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of
which young player is most dangerous to top players?

by top players i mean top tenners including azarenka and sharapova. (not serena noone is dangerous to her at the moment

i have to go with laura robson honestly. she has a massive game and can outhit alot of the top players, plus she has the most top 10 wins of them all i think.
GOyoungUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 06:08 PM   #2
country flag Alexander18

Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future
Re: which young player is most dangerous to top players?

Definitely Donna Vekic. Didn't she win Birmingham this year?
Alexander18 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 06:11 PM   #3
country flag Pasta-Na

Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander18 View Post
Definitely Donna Vekic. Didn't she win Birmingham this year?
She lost to Dani, right?

Asian-GOAT-Na Li: 11" FO & 14" AO champion + 11" & 13" AO runner-up + #2
Little-Jie(06" AO & Wim) + Pusher-Shu(13" Wim & 14" FO & WD#1) + Sucky Baby Golden Flowers.
Pasta-Na is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 06:13 PM   #4
country flag Alexander18

Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy-Na View Post
She lost to Dani, right?
Oh yeah
Alexander18 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 06:15 PM   #5
coolfish1103

coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute

Why is Stephens on the list but not Mladenovic?
Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 06:17 PM   #6
country flag GOyoungUSA

GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of

people voting for sloane?

she has like one top ten win in her entire career, and that was obviously over an injured terrible serena. she only has 3 wins over top 20 players in her entire career (including that win over serena). so shes like 3-18 against top 20 players or something. she is a walking bye for any top player reallt.
Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 06:18 PM   #7
country flag GOyoungUSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolfish1103 View Post
Why is Stephens on the list but not Mladenovic?
i forgot about mladenovic. i shouldnt have included stephens because she doesnt pose any problems to top players but shes one of the wta's premier youngsters so i decided to anyways.
Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 06:47 PM   #8
country flag killerqueen

killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future

Well for now I'd say Laura, just because she's beaten the most big players, but longterm I think Donna could be the one.

Tennis Tipping Rank: 117 (singles), 85 (doubles)
Doubles Titles: WTA Luxembourg 2013, ITF x5
killerqueen is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 06:57 PM   #9
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute

It depends, as a fully developed youngster I'd have to go with Puig/Vekic. As the up & coming still figuring things out type of players, Robson is the clear choice.
Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 07:08 PM   #10
country flag deliverance.

deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future

Vekic on grass, Keys at her peak, Robson with serve and tolerable movement.
Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 07:23 PM   #11
country flag MaSharp

MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of

In the future probably Sloane, Donna and Robson/Keys too.

2004 2006 2008 2012 2014

Giorgi | Konjuh
MaSharp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 08:12 PM   #12
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute

Keys. She just has to round into her game a little more.
In The Zone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 09:18 PM   #13
country flag LittleLionDan

LittleLionDan is just really nice LittleLionDan is just really nice LittleLionDan is just really nice LittleLionDan is just really nice LittleLionDan is just really nice LittleLionDan is just really nice LittleLionDan is just really nice LittleLionDan is just really nice LittleLionDan is just really nice LittleLionDan is just really nice LittleLionDan is just really nice

On a good day, obviously Laura
LittleLionDan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 09:25 PM   #14
country flag Wonderlander

Wonderlander is a splendid one to behold Wonderlander is a splendid one to behold Wonderlander is a splendid one to behold Wonderlander is a splendid one to behold Wonderlander is a splendid one to behold Wonderlander is a splendid one to behold Wonderlander is a splendid one to behold Wonderlander is a splendid one to behold Wonderlander is a splendid one to behold Wonderlander is a splendid one to behold Wonderlander is a splendid one to behold

In the nearest future it will be Konjuh.
From this list I think Muguruza has the game to trouble top players more frequently than other youngsters.
Wonderlander is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 10:35 PM   #15
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute

It has to be Laura Robson right now.
She's the only one with multiple big wins in Grand Slams.

Vekic may breakthrough in London but she's a little bit overhyped so far.
Wiggly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote