Antwerp Exhibition: Kim Clijsters def. Venus Williams 6-3 6-3 - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 13th, 2012, 09:49 PM   #46
country flag iWill

iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Antwerp Exhibition: Kim Clijsters def. Venus Williams 6-3 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bexx View Post
Facing Venus was more of a symbol as, along with Justine, she was her main rival throughout her career. They faced numerous times and played high quality matches.
You guys really don't get the point of a farewell exhibition match. Easy criticism is always better for you.
GTFOH all I was saying is she chose not to play the top 3 in the world, she could have played this farewell match against anyone she wanted because she is that well liked among the players. Venus was NEVER Kim's main rival that would be Justine no matter how you try to look at it. The "rivalry" between Kim and Venus didn't even begin until 2005. I see trolling is always easy for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
*inserts a couple fingers into you*
iWill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 13th, 2012, 09:50 PM   #47
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1_and_uh_noone View Post
You can see that while Kimberly's heart was not in the game when she retired in 2007, it is Kimora's body that prevents her from continuing, the game and (presumably) love for the sport are still there. Nice to see HaKima got a proper farewell in front of her home crowd. Sadly Justine never got around to doing such a thing. She would probably have been criticized no end for it, like Kimothy is here , and of course criticized for quitting anyway.

Of course, Kimbrella had Venus' number. Have to believe Venus had to be at her absolute best to win all those matches against Kimone in the past. Stellar defense (we know JJ loves the match-up with Venus too) combined with opportunistic offense = worst opponent for Venus. Kimiko could have continued easily and contended for the HC slams for another couple of years.
Ex hi bi tion

Nice to see Kim finally retire and thank all her fans once again.
edificio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2012, 10:11 PM   #48
country flag mauresmofan

mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanw2008 View Post
GTFOH all I was saying is she chose not to play the top 3 in the world, she could have played this farewell match against anyone she wanted because she is that well liked among the players. Venus was NEVER Kim's main rival that would be Justine no matter how you try to look at it. The "rivalry" between Kim and Venus didn't even begin until 2005. I see trolling is always easy for you.
They first played against each other in 2001 with their first 3 setter in 2002. I don't think Justine was going to play her yesterday, Amelie wouldn't have been much of a match nor Hingis so Venus or Serena was the obvious choice and Venus was a good choice as both she and Kim have enormous star quality and competed against each other over a long time frame. She has little or no history with most of the top 5 apart from Maria.
Old Dec 13th, 2012, 10:51 PM   #49
country flag iWill

iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauresmofan View Post
They first played against each other in 2001 with their first 3 setter in 2002. I don't think Justine was going to play her yesterday, Amelie wouldn't have been much of a match nor Hingis so Venus or Serena was the obvious choice and Venus was a good choice as both she and Kim have enormous star quality and competed against each other over a long time frame. She has little or no history with most of the top 5 apart from Maria.
True and I didn't mean to insinuate that they hadn't played before 2005 just that Venus lead the H2H 6-2 before the USO 2005. I would hardly call that a rivalry as one poster did. I think Venus was a good choice but Kim easily could have attempted to play an exhibition against one of the world's current top ranked players and I feel she chose not to for a reason and I don't think that reason was her having a great "rivalry" with Venus. Have they played some amazing matches against one another over the years? Absolutely.

Quote:
Old Dec 13th, 2012, 10:57 PM   #50
country flag Roookie

Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute

Kim could have been winning 2 majors per year but Family is a priority. Farewell Kim
Roookie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2012, 11:12 PM   #51
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
True and I didn't mean to insinuate that they hadn't played before 2005 just that Venus lead the H2H 6-2 before the USO 2005. I would hardly call that a rivalry as one poster did. I think Venus was a good choice but Kim easily could have attempted to play an exhibition against one of the world's current top ranked players and I feel she chose not to for a reason and I don't think that reason was her having a great "rivalry" with Venus. Have they played some amazing matches against one another over the years? Absolutely.
Jesus Christ. You're making no sense at all - just contorting yourself and being utterly facetious.

Last time I checked the current top three just had a exho in Brazil. So it's kinda stupid at such an offseason time to expect them to follow an intensive schedule and start flying half way around the world just to go from one exho to another.

And of course Justine (her №1 rival) is pregnant - so out of the question.

That leaves Venus as precisely the right candidate that meets the criteria of being a big enough name (to justify expensive tickets) and who at the same time also has a long enough history with Clijsters that justifies the obligatory pre/post-match indulgence in reminiscing about their various encounters and time spent on the tour.
Raiden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2012, 11:54 PM   #52
country flag danieln1
VIP and The Cheesecake Factory

danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighterpova View Post
The 7 legendary demons
That was a GOAT post

And you got a GOAT reply

Ivanovic - Görges - Agnieszka - Li - Woz

Venus - Kvitova - Putintseva - Golden Flowers - Stosur - Stephens

that is so disrespectful.... so disrespectful!
danieln1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 12:04 AM   #53
country flag iWill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Jesus Christ. You're making no sense at all - just contorting yourself and being utterly facetious.

Last time I checked the current top three just had a exho in Brazil. So it's kinda stupid at such an offseason time to expect them to follow an intensive schedule and start flying half way around the world just to go from one exho to another.

And of course Justine (her №1 rival) is pregnant - so out of the question.

That leaves Venus as precisely the right candidate that meets the criteria of being a big enough name (to justify expensive tickets) and who at the same time also has a long enough history with Clijsters that justifies the obligatory pre/post-match indulgence in reminiscing about their various encounters and time spent on the tour.
Well sure its all over the place when you pull what I responded to other posts...

Quote:
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 12:13 AM   #54
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

I personally always enjoyed Clijsters vs. Venus. Even in the beginning when Vee had the edge it was always a matchup I looked forward to. Of course Kim finally righted the ship and found ways to better compete and turn their H2H more in her favor.

Sad to see her leave again- I will definitely miss her and sadly I NEVER got my dream final in a slam Serena vs. Clijsters. I will forever have my memories of seeing Serena and Kim play live at the YECs in Los Angeles.

Happy momhood!
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 12:20 AM   #55
country flag Douce

Douce is a splendid one to behold Douce is a splendid one to behold Douce is a splendid one to behold Douce is a splendid one to behold Douce is a splendid one to behold Douce is a splendid one to behold Douce is a splendid one to behold Douce is a splendid one to behold Douce is a splendid one to behold Douce is a splendid one to behold Douce is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-MAC View Post

Kim praising Vee
Yes Justine in the crowd at 1:01 haha
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 12:46 AM   #56
country flag Uranus

Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah I am trolling for sure . And you clearly didn't imply Kim didn't want to face a top 3 player in her last match so that she didn't get her ass kicked the last time she played and was loudly celebrated .
After someone said Venus was "classy enough not to beat Kim in her last match":
Quote:
She clearly didn't choose to play against Serena, Sharapova, Azarenka for a reason...we will miss you Kim!
Quote:
I mean she didn't choose to play any of the world's top 3 in her last match...you think Serena would have let Kim beat her in the "last" time they could meet??
And indeed, along with Justine, Venus was Kim's main rival. They played many high quality matches. Before 2005 Venus won most of them, after 2005 it was the opposite. Kim leads the H2H.
So apart from this you're 100% right, including your rudeness. Feel free to insult me again, btw. Kthxbye .
Uranus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 12:50 AM   #57
country flag harloo

harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute

All that talent and Kim could never seem to weather the storm when the going got tough. Even when she came back once the wins didn't come easily she retreated back to her usual pattern. I really hope Kim is happy and fully retired now. It seems like she's been on a farewell tour for a year. lol

harloo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 02:20 AM   #58
country flag mauresmofan

mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute

Almost every thread seems to end up as a bickering centre between posters. It's beyond my comprehension how a lot of people can be so cold towards a player of Kim Clijsters' quality and a person of such clear kindness and warmth. Let's face facts she returned when women's tennis was dull, uninspired and in a slump, she provided a great story and brought the game back to life and she won 3 more Grand Slams - what a remarkable achievement!

It's sad that she's leaving when this last year she couldn't compete at anywhere near her best and if she stayed on could perhaps have had a few more good Slam runs but hey she's made up her mind and it was great that she could say goodbye in Belgium where both herself and Justine ignited a humongous interest in the sport and hopefully in the near future we'll see the champions they've inspired.
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 08:12 PM   #59
country flag treufreund

treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute treufreund has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome to see Juju showing up to watch Kimmie
treufreund is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 05:34 AM   #60
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauresmofan View Post
Almost every thread seems to end up as a bickering centre between posters. It's beyond my comprehension how a lot of people can be so cold towards a player of Kim Clijsters' quality and a person of such clear kindness and warmth. Let's face facts she returned when women's tennis was dull, uninspired and in a slump, she provided a great story and brought the game back to life and she won 3 more Grand Slams - what a remarkable achievement!

It's sad that she's leaving when this last year she couldn't compete at anywhere near her best and if she stayed on could perhaps have had a few more good Slam runs but hey she's made up her mind and it was great that she could say goodbye in Belgium where both herself and Justine ignited a humongous interest in the sport and hopefully in the near future we'll see the champions they've inspired.
Seriously. This was a goodbye to one of the best and most popular players of this era, and I can only imagine that Venus agreed to participate out of respect and fondness for Kim. We should all be grateful to both of these wonderful athletes for what we have enjoyed over the years, and that they came together to show their appreciation for their fans.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote