The Salvation Army - Help the ones in need - donate in the spirit of Christmas! - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 12th, 2012, 06:54 PM   #76
country flag Vartan

Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Salvation Army - Help the ones in need - donate in the spirit of Christmas!

you seem to be focused on one aspect that is close to you and ignore other aspects that are not as important to you.

Vartan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 12th, 2012, 07:07 PM   #77
country flag August

August has much to be proud of August has much to be proud of August has much to be proud of August has much to be proud of August has much to be proud of August has much to be proud of August has much to be proud of August has much to be proud of August has much to be proud of August has much to be proud of August has much to be proud of
Re: The Salvation Army - Help the ones in need - donate in the spirit of Christmas!

I think I'll drop some coins when I see SA collecting money in front of a supermarket.

Actually I hardly ever walk past fundraisers unless I've already donated. But usually I drop only two small coins, i.e. 5-20 cent coins. Two because two coins sound better than only one.

A proud fan of
Sergiy Stakhovsky
August is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2012, 07:16 PM   #78
country flag goOudinUSA

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Salvation Army is a great organization!!!

2014 Season
TT: Singles (0); Doubles (3) - Hong Kong w/catgamer, Grenoble w/catgamer, Santa Margherita Di Pula w/catgamer
PAW: Hobart
Q-Ball: Shenzhen
goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2012, 07:25 PM   #79
country flag delicatecutter

delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with you Flavia P.

SA tries to help addicts by forcing them into lives of indentured servitude and making them to go to church. And they are an anti-gay organization. I won't give them a penny the same way I won't give Chick Fil-A any money even though I hear their chicken is quite delicious.

Suicide Champion: 2013 Miami; 2012 Doha; 2011 Dubai; 2010 Indian Wells, Bad Gastein; 2008 Melbourne, New Haven, Prague; 2007 Toronto
PAW Champion: 2012 Tokyo, Moscow; 2011 Roland Garros; 2010 Bali, Portoroz
TT Doubles Champion (with Djezonfly): 2012 Melbourne, 2011 Estoril
My Twitter
delicatecutter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2012, 07:30 PM   #80
country flag goOudinUSA

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

What's so bad about going to church?

2014 Season
TT: Singles (0); Doubles (3) - Hong Kong w/catgamer, Grenoble w/catgamer, Santa Margherita Di Pula w/catgamer
Old Dec 12th, 2012, 07:31 PM   #81
country flag simonsaystennis
Team USA

simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute

A good cause.

Vandeweghe ~ Mattek-Sands ~ King ~ Hampton ~ Riske ~ Glatch ~ Capra ~ Albanese ~ Brengle ~ Craybas ~ Rogers ~ Stephens ~ Boserup ~ Davis ~ Keys ~ Hardebeck ~ Brodsky ~ Gibbs ~ Pegula ~ Min ~ Townsend ~ Duval ~ Vickery ~Kiick
simonsaystennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2012, 07:41 PM   #82
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

It is always nice to help someone.
Old Dec 12th, 2012, 07:49 PM   #83

delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goOudinUSA View Post
What's so bad about going to church?

It's wrong to FORCE people to go to church when you are allegedly trying to help them with an addiction they are suffering from. Why do you need to bring religion into it?

Suicide Champion: 2013 Miami; 2012 Doha; 2011 Dubai; 2010 Indian Wells, Bad Gastein; 2008 Melbourne, New Haven, Prague; 2007 Toronto
My Twitter
Old Dec 12th, 2012, 07:54 PM   #84
country flag Flavia P.

Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicatecutter View Post
I agree with you Flavia P.
Thanks babe

I honestly, honestly I am biting my tongue in this thread. I'm gonna say what I really want to say in my personal thread. But yeah, fuck Salvation Army. Fuck them, and fuck the supporters who choose to give to an organization that they know seeks to dehumanize me.
Old Dec 12th, 2012, 07:56 PM   #85
country flag Flavia P.

Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartan View Post
you seem to be focused on one aspect that is close to you and ignore other aspects that are not as important to you.
I don't want to really go in right now in this thread, so I'll just say PM me or go to my thread if you want to talk further.
Old Dec 12th, 2012, 08:00 PM   #86
country flag Flavia P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicatecutter View Post
SA tries to help addicts by forcing them into lives of indentured servitude and making them to go to church.
EXACTLY. It's really all about appearances. It's all about doing "God's work". And then using the money and attention to promote their religious agenda. And essentially brainwashing people into becoming their little drones. Do some nice things, say God 100 times, and people bite. It's all about power.

Quote:
I won't give them a penny the same way I won't give Chick Fil-A any money even though I hear their chicken is quite delicious.
Great! And the same applies to CFA as applies to Salvation Army. If you want to eat some chicken sandwiches, go to a place that doesn't support bigotry. Doing so knowing the organization is bigoted makes one implicit in promoting bigotry as OK.
Old Dec 12th, 2012, 08:01 PM   #87
country flag goOudinUSA

I'm not trying to bring religion into it, I was just wondering why going to church is bad.

But you made your point...

2014 Season
Old Dec 12th, 2012, 08:02 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavia P. View Post
EXACTLY. It's really all about appearances. It's all about doing "God's work". And then using the money and attention to promote their religious agenda. And essentially brainwashing people into becoming their little drones. Do some nice things, say God 100 times, and people bite. It's all about power.

Great! And the same applies to CFA as applies to Salvation Army. If you want to eat some chicken sandwiches, go to a place that doesn't support bigotry. Doing so knowing the organization is bigoted makes one implicit in promoting bigotry as OK.
I feel the same way about the Boy Scouts also. I won't give a penny to them either. Organizations that do not support equality and promote intolerance need to be held accountable for their discrimination.

My Twitter
Old Dec 12th, 2012, 08:03 PM   #89
country flag Flavia P.

It's not about going to church, Oudin. It's about using the Church, and God, for an agenda. Going to church itself isn't bad but most mainstream churches are little more than businesses that make a huge profit taking advantage of people they can mind control.
Old Dec 12th, 2012, 08:07 PM   #90
country flag goOudinUSA

I understand where y'all are coming from.

2014 Season