The Salvation Army - Help the ones in need - donate in the spirit of Christmas! - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 12th, 2012, 06:32 PM   #61
country flag Vartan

Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Salvation Army - Help the ones in need - donate in the spirit of Christmas!

Churches are all Christian though.

Vartan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 12th, 2012, 06:32 PM   #62
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Salvation Army - Help the ones in need - donate in the spirit of Christmas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavia P. View Post
This forum is over 50% gay. And if you're gay and willing to give money to an organization that discriminates against you, then you're not much of a gay to begin with.
I am gay but what's your point? We're not giving money towards those who are hating on us, it's towards people in need.

And btw saying "You're not much of a gay to begin with" just because I support donating money to a charity is pretty ridiculous, not to mention hypocritical against some of the points you're making
Old Dec 12th, 2012, 06:35 PM   #63
country flag Flavia P.

Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of

The money goes into the hands of people who will not give any support towards gay people in need and in fact demonize us. So we need to be very clear that supporting Salvation Army in fact does not support US. It does not support the 40% of people who are homeless, that identify as LGBTQ, at least in the States. It doesn't help the high amounts of LGBTQ individuals who struggled with drug abuse and are just getting clean and need help. No, they are helping people who they want to help and giving the middle finger to the rest, and that's NOT what a decent charity does.

And I don't take back what I said. Giving money to a blatantly homophobic organization as a gay person, or pro-gay straight person, is incredibly offensive on every single level, and it's traitorous.
Old Dec 12th, 2012, 06:40 PM   #64
country flag Flavia P.

Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartan View Post
aren't you being hypocritical right now?
No. I don't give them money because they're anti-gay. Gay people on here willingly give them money although they're anti-gay. I disagree with that completely, and I think people who know their views and support them anyway are in major error. That's about it. I don't see the hypocrisy at all.
Old Dec 12th, 2012, 06:41 PM   #65
country flag Flavia P.

Just give to a different organization. That's it. It's not a lot to ask. The entire debate begins and ends there. Giving to SA knowing their positions, to me, is defiance, and giving a middle finger to the gay community.
Old Dec 12th, 2012, 06:52 PM   #66
country flag Vartan

Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute

But you said that gay people who give them their money are not gay to begin with.

Old Dec 12th, 2012, 06:55 PM   #67
country flag Flavia P.

I didn't say that. I said that gay people who give to the Salvation Army are bad gays. They aren't much gay to begin with, means they really couldn't care less about the progress of our community. And you can't if you support anti-gay organizations.
Old Dec 12th, 2012, 06:56 PM   #68
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Old Dec 12th, 2012, 06:57 PM   #69
country flag Vartan

So gay people must avoid the Salvation Army to keep their gay membership?

Old Dec 12th, 2012, 06:59 PM   #70
country flag Flavia P.

No. Keep their respect with their gay peers and true straight allies? Yes. If you do something to shows a lack of respect for yourself, then how do you expect respect in return?
Old Dec 12th, 2012, 07:00 PM   #71
country flag Vartan

So women should not donate to PETA?

Old Dec 12th, 2012, 07:00 PM   #72
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

Flavia P you valid points but there are still no other posters here agreeing with your opinions...
Old Dec 12th, 2012, 07:02 PM   #73
country flag Flavia P.

And out of the hundreds of non-heterosexual persons, in Virginia to DC to New York, I know, none of them supports Salvation Army that I know of. And a lot of them are very political. They make it a point to support companies that support us and not support those that don't. I don't associate with or really even know many gay people who are apathetic by gay rights. And really, the same with well over half of the straight people I know. So I don't really get it, even. I'm confused by a gay person who supports and defends the Salvation Army.
Old Dec 12th, 2012, 07:06 PM   #74
country flag Flavia P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartan View Post
So women should not donate to PETA?
They can but PETA is sort of a bullshit organization that is attention seeking, so if a woman doesn't want to be involved with that, then they shouldn't. I've given money to local animal shelters, which is where the money would be best served, instead of PETA. But this analogy is a horrendous one. PETA isn't actively promoting, seeking to, and acting out discrimination against women.
Old Dec 12th, 2012, 07:07 PM   #75
country flag Flavia P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTrees View Post
Flavia P you valid points but there are still no other posters here agreeing with your opinions...
There are only three posters actively posting in this thread right now. And it doesn't matter who agrees or doesn't agree with me, because my position isn't going to change and my position is, as you said, a very valid one.